Savard update-- from another media source

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Savard update-- from another media source

TSN's Darren Dreger says Savard could be back if (ha, when!) the Bruins make it to the second round of the playoffs. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl

Excellent news but why isn't our favorite Globe tandem on this? I am always a dreamer with this team-- a conference finals run would be awesome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Re: Savard update-- from another media source

B'sFan- thanks for finding this.  I was wondering why there hadn't been any Savvy reports.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Savard update-- from another media source:
    TSN's Darren Dreger says Savard could be back if (ha, when!) the Bruins make it to the second round of the playoffs. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl Excellent news but why isn't our favorite Globe tandem on this? I am always a dreamer with this team-- a conference finals run would be awesome.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory

Thanks for the update.  Very good news if he is back, although, I doubt it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: Savard update-- from another media source:
    B'sFan- thanks for finding this.  I was wondering why there hadn't been any Savvy reports.  Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Posted by stingerjp

As the doctor noted 3 weeks ago, grade-2 concussions are easier to come back from but yet tricky in terms of timing. Some come back withing 10-15 days, others need 6 weeks or even 3 months. The good news about it is that the symptoms generally digress fairly quickly. Your body regains it's strength and equilibrium at a steady pace. So, it's not out of the question that Savard may return. 

Since he started off-ice workouts last week it means he may be eligible to be re-evaluated withing the next 7-10 days. Once that happens, he will need another 7 days of symptom-free activities. Maybe then, most likely, himself and the doctors along with the Bruins organization will determine if he is well enough to come back for the playoffs if the Bruins are to advance. 

I wish him well and hope gets back on the ice soon, whether is this season or the next.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

There was a story on it last weekend.  As I said in a thread then, I wouldn't count on Savard coming back ths spring, no matter how far the Bruins go. 

I'd rather that the team err on the side of caution and shut down Savvy until training camp.  I want him to be in peak form next season.  He may very well have a stud rookie scorer on his wing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

It said he just upgraded from taking walks to riding the stationary bike.  That is all the physical activity he has done and they expect him to be back in hockey shape and ready to start playing in intense physical NHL playoff games in a week and a half?  Umm, I don't think so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

It said he just upgraded from taking walks to riding the stationary bike.  That is all the physical activity he has done and they expect him to be back in hockey shape and ready to start playing in intense physical NHL playoff games in a week and a half?  Umm, I don't think so.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

Its a little different with Savy because hes only been out a few weeks. Its not like bergy where it took him over 3 months to just get through a day without headaches.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=318583

Savard Injury Update

Also, an update on Boston's Marc Savard, who suffered a concussion against Pittsburgh on March 7.

Optimism is growing for the Boston Bruins with their series now tied at one. Obviously, they have to get through the Buffalo Sabres, but Savard has advanced from taking a brisk walk (last week's update) to riding a bike.

So if he can up the level of exertion and he can go through the seven days symptom-free and the protocol that he has to, there's is a strong chance that he will be back if Boston advances.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

There was a story on it last weekend.  As I said in a thread then, I wouldn't count on Savard coming back ths spring, no matter how far the Bruins go.  I'd rather that the team err on the side of caution and shut down Savvy until training camp.  I want him to be in peak form next season.  He may very well have a stud rookie scorer on his wing.
    Posted by Mutant211

This is why I read both the Globe and the Herald, see Savard "brisk walk" story from Wed., 4/14/10:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view.bg?articleid=1247065

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClanMan. Show CarolinaClanMan's posts

In Response to Savard update-- from another media source:
    I am always a dreamer with this team-- a conference finals run would be awesome.

And Jeremy Jacobs thanks you so much for that. It is fans like you that has made him a very very succesful owner for the last 38 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

One game at a time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I saw this also on TSN and that he's riding the bike.  Slowly he'll do more vigorous exercise and that will be the key if he comes back or not.  If things go to schedule he needs 2weeks from now and that means 2nd round but not game 1 or 2 of the 2nd round.
    Just get well Savvy !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

I know this was pretty much speculated at the beginning of the series, but Dreger noting that Savard has been on a bike is pretty interesting news. I'm not saying Flutes should have ran a major piece on it, though I am surprised this latest tidbit hasn't been mentioned.

Things could be worse ... I could be a Sharks fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Things could be worse ... I could be a Sharks fan.

I figured this was just another "Sharks will choke" kind of comment.

I just watched the replay.  Wow, Prozac must be enjoying a sales surge in SJ today.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

care to provide a direct link? Posted by pbergeron37

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/04/savard_optimist.html?camp=localsearch:on:twit:bruins

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There was a story on it last weekend.  As I said in a thread then, I wouldn't count on Savard coming back ths spring, no matter how far the Bruins go.  I'd rather that the team err on the side of caution and shut down Savvy until training camp.  I want him to be in peak form next season.  He may very well have a stud rookie scorer on his wing.Posted by Mutant211

Agreed! Teams are going to head hunt Marc if he comes back this year it's going to be ugly. Looks like he's made up his mind already Ugh...

http://www.nesn.com/2010/04/marc-savard-skates-at-td-garden-hopeful-to-return-by-game-5.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

It says he skated today and he feels like his old self. If anything I love his determination and drive. He's a grown adult and he'll know if he's ready. Besides, we've only one one game here and we still have to win three more for it to even be considered that he come back. Hope the garden is rockin' tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Have I mentioned how much I hate the Sabres yet?

Savard or no Savard, I hope we nail them tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

If you are the Bruins management, and you just signed Savy to a big contract extension, are you going to take an unnecessary risk with him? They can't seriously challenge against Pitt or Wash, so why?
    Let him sit for at least 4 more weeks but I'd rather wait until the Fall.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

they have top notch doctors so if he is cleared to play that will be because he is ready...living in canada t.s.n. makes any hockey updates from the states sich...the bruin web is horrible..that guy bish is darn good at reporting about the great places to eat out when in visiting cities ..what a joke

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Why?  This is the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs and the core of this roster is close to, if not in their primes and wasting a year should never be an option.  Do the best with what you have and try and win regardless of the long range.  If he is declared healthy, he better be playing once he gets close to game shape.  Long term concerns are not to be ignored but shutting a player down just to be cautious is not fair to the rest of the team and the player either.  Savvy will not allow himself to be shut down if declared healthy so it doesn't really matter what we think.  If anything happens to any of these guys in terms of a long term injury the contract becomes a non issue anyway.

Sections
Shortcuts