Savard???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Savard???

Anybody know when Savard will be ready to play again? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: Savard???

next season probably

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

That would be bad but does anybody out there know for sure???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BergysStache. Show BergysStache's posts

He'll be ready on Saturday October 9th, 2010.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Ask a simple question and get a response from a simpleton....go figure!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Tough to say but don,t rush a player with a head injury not a smart move especially Savy we waited for Bergy it came out fine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The most recent official news I remember seing was Chiarelli saying that Savard missing the rest of the season "seemed probable" or something to that effect.  That was last Friday, I think.

Also, yesterday's Bruin's Notes said that Savard hasn't even felt well enough yet to talk to Bergeron.  I don't know what kind of reputation Savard has for dealing with this kind of adversity, but feeling that miserable after two weeks can't be a good sign.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BergysStache. Show BergysStache's posts

Ha. A simpleton... Why don't you go ask his f-ing doctors when he'll be ready. I'm sorry but Marc isn't returning any of my phone calls so I can ask him when he thinks he'll be back out on the ice practicing. You tool.

What was the rule of thumb with bergeron last year... when he goes a week without headaches or something he'd be ready..... yeah, my answer still stands. He'll be ready next season. Now go back to making knuckle babies to that poster of Savvy you have hanging up in your parents basement  d.bag. I hope you get hit by a truck today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

to add to that, Bergeron said he spoke or texted him and the conversation was not what he was looking for. Based on that, I think we may be lucky to have him back for the beginning of next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Savard just texted Bergy "I like turtles." LoL! just playing just playing...

I wouldn't even expect him to be ready for next falls camp possibly. Now every time I see Cooke ready to give another knee to knee I want someone to just annihilate the baboon. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IWow, try the decaf  n Response to Re: Savard???:
    Ha. A simpleton... Why don't you go ask his f-ing doctors when he'll be ready. I'm sorry but Marc isn't returning any of my phone calls so I can ask him when he thinks he'll be back out on the ice practicing. You tool. What was the rule of thumb with bergeron last year... when he goes a week without headaches or something he'd be ready..... yeah, my answer still stands. He'll be ready next season. Now go back to making knuckle babies to that poster of Savvy you have hanging up in your parents basement  d.bag. I hope you get hit by a truck today.
    Posted by BergysStache

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

San
            pretty sure he likes the red ones last.

It will become the teaser that it was a few years ago when it was Bergy will be back for next game of playoffs against Mon and it actually became next season.  He is gone and we need a star to come from minors, juniors retirement but somewhere to ignite this PP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BergysStache. Show BergysStache's posts

In Response to Re: Savard???:
    IWow, try the decaf  n Response to Re: Savard??? :
    Posted by Canadianfan6

Yeah... I'm totally on cup number 4 of coffee. Might be time to switch to the decaf haha.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThisIsBruinsCountry. Show ThisIsBruinsCountry's posts

Savard is done for the season. 

What people should be worried about is if he has the same drop off in offensive play that Patrice has had.  Bergeron went from a point a night guy to a checking center with 40 points. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

A player who has suffered a concussion is allowed to resume physical activity after a week free of symptoms (i.e. headache, nausea, sensitivity to light). He must stop physical activity if he has a return of symptoms.

From reports, Savard is still having symptoms, though Julien did say he's progressing, slowly.

He won't play again this season. Even if he wanted to, I don't think the Bruins will let him try, and they shouldn't. It's not worth the risk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

I wish Savy all the best and he should take all the time he needs to recover. The Bruins may have to keep him on long term IR and may have to find someone to help next season in his absence. I hope this dosn't happen but ther is that possiblity.
    On the positive side of this the Bruins had a similar situation in 2007 and did well almost beating the Habs in 7 games, then came the following season and did very well. Savy is missed , and the power play has faltered since his absence but the Bruins are picking up their play and that will make Savy feel better. I wish him well and get better soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Scott,

I just watched hockeycentral at noon and the bruins play by play guy was on and they talked about Savard...he still has to be in a dark room and is basically still has a concusion...thats how serious that hit was...he said he is out for the season and that it could play into his future as well...

Savy is missed...my favorite player taken out by a rat

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

This thing with Savard absolutely SUXXXX! No way are we anywhere close to finished or even with Cooke. Every game next year, we need to have Lucic or Chara pound the living sh*t outta this fool.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Let him have all the time he needs to be fully healed.  I remember reading on these pages that Bergeron should be traded because he's one hit away from the end of his career (and no, I don't want that).  Do we really want Savard to be in the same boat?  The guy's the central figure in all things offensive that the Bruins do - when his line clicks (which it hasn't this year due to injuries) the second and third lines with Bergeron or Krejci become automatically improved, as does the pathetic power play.  Next year in the first game v. Pittsburgh, without the excuse of needing points to make the playoffs, Cooke should be targeted legally or illegally throughout the game - hopefully we'll have a better-committed, tougher team in place to carry it out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Oct 2011.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Thanks for the laugh BergysStache...that response was pretty good!!! hahhaha

For the rest of you guys that bothered to offer up some pertinent information, thanks a lot.  I hadn't heard a thing on Savard since the hit and I was just wondering if anybody knew how he was doing?  Sounds like he is going to be gone until next season....just like BergysStache originally said!!! 

KILL COOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

Ha. A simpleton... Why don't you go ask his f-ing doctors when he'll be ready. I'm sorry but Marc isn't returning any of my phone calls so I can ask him when he thinks he'll be back out on the ice practicing. You tool. What was the rule of thumb with bergeron last year... when he goes a week without headaches or something he'd be ready..... yeah, my answer still stands. He'll be ready next season. Now go back to making knuckle babies to that poster of Savvy you have hanging up in your parents basement  d.bag. I hope you get hit by a truck today.
    Posted by BergysStache

Hey tough guy, Can we sign you up next time we play the Pens? I am sure you might be able to kick Cooke somewhere and scracth him up pretty bad with the toes on your figure skates. Guy asks a legit question and it's wise guys like you that make this board sickening.....why don't you move to Chicago and scream during the National Anthem like your moron brothers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

I actually have the complete opposite opinion, I think Savard could be available for the playoffs, and heres why. Bergeron had a grade 4 concussion with post concussion syndrome, which was the cause f the duration of the injury. Savards was only grade 2, my guess is that if we can manage to get out of hte first round, we see him in round 2 for sure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I actually have the complete opposite opinion, I think Savard could be available for the playoffs, and heres why. Bergeron had a grade 4 concussion with post concussion syndrome, which was the cause f the duration of the injury. Savards was only grade 2, my guess is that if we can manage to get out of hte first round, we see him in round 2 for sure.
    Posted by pbergeron37

The Bruins aren't likely to be in Round 2 with or without Savard. I don't see why they'd be in any hurry to get him back on the ice this year when he is going to be counted on to be a major part of what will probably be a better team next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

This is Savard's fourth concussion and we have to face that it may be the end of his career.

Sections
Shortcuts