Savard???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

Savard???

Who in their right mind would want to see Savard traded? A healthy Savard will put up 100 pts. Give him a GD Damn winger. A smart goal scoring winger will net 40 plus easily with Savard. No way he goes. Locking up Savard in a cap friendly contract is the #1 accomplishment of Chia.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Savard???

I would trade Savard if I could help the team in other spots.  Within 2-3 years, Seguin will be the B's best player and Krejci already in the fold, why not move Savvy for a scoring winger or a top-3 D-man?

I am not saying that I don't appreciate Savvy, just that Seguin changes the equation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Savard hasn't hit 100 points since the OHL.  I think he's been healthy since then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Savard???:
    Who in their right mind would want to see Savard traded? A healthy Savard will put up 100 pts. Give him a GD Damn winger. A smart goal scoring winger will net 40 plus easily with Savard. No way he goes. Locking up Savard in a cap friendly contract is the #1 accomplishment of Chia.
    Posted by carloaz

Don't take the posts about trading Savard on this board too seriously, they're usually from Bergeron cult worshippers who are freaking out because they think their beloved "bergie" might actually get traded. It makes them feel better to trash Savard, which is moronic and without any merit at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Savard???:
    In Response to Savard??? : Don't take the posts about trading Savard on this board too seriously, they're usually from Bergeron cult worshippers who are freaking out because they think their beloved "bergie" might actually get traded. It makes them feel better to trash Savard, which is moronic and without any merit at all.
    Posted by JWensink

That might partly be true.  Some of us dislike Savard's approach and don't believe he's a true #1 center.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

if the b's wanted to trade Savard they wouldn't have signed him to a 7-yr contract....  if they're forced to move a center, there's a better chance it'll be Bergy, who's offensive game hasn't been the same ever since his injury....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

I would trade Savard if I could help the team in other spots.  Within 2-3 years, Seguin will be the B's best player and Krejci already in the fold, why not move Savvy for a scoring winger or a top-3 D-man? I am not saying that I don't appreciate Savvy, just that Seguin changes the equation.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Now if the Bruins got a top 3 shut down d-man, does that change how they approach Chara at the end of the year? Would they use the other guy as leverage to get Chara to sign a team friendly deal to end his career with the opportunity to be the top shut down pair in the league? Or do they deal him at the deadline because they already have their #1. I don't think many people realize how big of an impact this draft season will have on the next 3-5 years of Bruins hockey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Savard's cap hit is pretty much that of a second line center.  To me, that's why he's worth keeping.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Savard??? : Now if the Bruins got a top 3 shut down d-man, does that change how they approach Chara at the end of the year? Would they use the other guy as leverage to get Chara to sign a team friendly deal to end his career with the opportunity to be the top shut down pair in the league? Or do they deal him at the deadline because they already have their #1. I don't think many people realize how big of an impact this draft season will have on the next 3-5 years of Bruins hockey.
    Posted by BlackandGold24

Chara will sign the biggest contract he can.  If the B's want to keep him, they're going to have to overpay before he becomes a UFA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

if the b's wanted to trade Savard they wouldn't have signed him to a 7-yr contract....  if they're forced to move a center, there's a better chance it'll be Bergy, who's offensive game hasn't been the same ever since his injury....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

When the B's signed Savard, they weren't aware that they would have the #2 pick in the draft.

Bergeron's role on the team hasn't been the same since his injury, either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Savard??? : Chara will sign the biggest contract he can.  If the B's want to keep him, they're going to have to overpay before he becomes a UFA.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I think this is the topic that many do not want to address; what financial commitment are you wiling to make to a 33 year-old D-man currently making a premium salary that is a UFA after next year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to Re: Savard??? : I think this is the topic that many do not want to address; what financial commitment are you wiling to make to a 33 year-old D-man currently making a premium salary that is a UFA after next year?
    Posted by Crowls2424

I'm willing to commit no more than 500k more than his salary now. He won the Norris and might have been in consideration again this year if he could hit and shoot, but he was injured since November. It really depends on this year. If he put up 15-20 again and is in Norris consideration, I say offer him up to a million more. But no more than that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Savard??? : I think this is the topic that many do not want to address; what financial commitment are you wiling to make to a 33 year-old D-man currently making a premium salary that is a UFA after next year?
    Posted by Crowls2424

It's awful.  I've been thinking about it since I posted it.  Add to it the prospect of a deadline deal or no deadline deal.  If the team is in the hunt, and Chara is hellbent on testing the market, do they deal him?  Do they lock him up for six years, super front loaded?

Aaaaargh.  I can't think about any of this.  It's something that will drive us all nuts, but moreso will age Chiarelli like a US President.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to Re: Savard??? : It's awful.  I've been thinking about it since I posted it.  Add to it the prospect of a deadline deal or no deadline deal.  If the team is in the hunt, and Chara is hellbent on testing the market, do they deal him?  Do they lock him up for six years, super front loaded? Aaaaargh.  I can't think about any of this.  It's something that will drive us all nuts, but moreso will age Chiarelli like a US President.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Without Chara, they don't really have a #1-#2 pair. Boychuck and Seidenberg are good with Chara. Without him they are average. If the Bruins end up with another true #1, and Chara wants to test the market, trade him to a team that is at the bottom of the standings so you won't have to meet him in the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

Seguin is yet unproven in the NHL. I also cannot get Len Bias 2nd pick NBA draft 1986 out of my head. Savard is not going to waive his no trade cause. The Bruins are a few pieces away. We have plenty of time to decide who are the top centers are. I understand we need wingers, but for Savard, not instead of Savard.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Tough call, the closer you get to the deadline, the greater Chara's leverage.  I believe he also has an NTC to further muddy the waters.  I think they should try to extend him to a "reasonable" contract, maybe a little front-loaded.  If that doesn't work, he should be dealt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Savard???:
    Posted by carloaz

Unfortunately, your post is mostly fictional.

Savard hasn't registered a 100 pt. season since he played for the 1996-1997 Oshawa Generals of the OHL, and had he played the entire season last year, he would likely ended the season with 60-70 pts.

Savard is hardly the kind of #1 Centre to build a Stanley Cup winning team around, and there are almost no UFA wingers to be had capable of scoring 40 goals this season.

If the Bruins draft Seguin, I would trade Savard for picks or a REAL first line winger capable of playing with Seguin.  Krejci or Bergeron would assume first line Centre duties until Seguin is ready to take them over.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, I missed that part.  Where is the club supposed to get a "smart goal scoring winger"?

Big Fellah:  They don't grow on trees.  What don't they grow on?

Boys:  Trees.

Big Fellah:  Get out!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Let's also hope that Savard doesn't suffer another concussion or have another projected 60 point subpar season next year...

Otherwise, the Black and Gold are likely stuck with that 7 year contract for a very, very long time...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Savard??? : Unfortunately, your post is mostly fictional. Savard hasn't registered a 100 pt. season since he played for the 1996-1997 Oshawa Generals of the OHL, and had he played the entire season last year, he would likely ended the season with 60-70 pts. Savard is hardly the kind of #1 Centre to build a Stanley Cup winning team around, and there are almost no UFA wingers to be had capable of scoring 40 goals this season. If the Bruins draft Seguin, I would trade Savard for picks or a REAL first line winger capable of playing with Seguin.  Krejci or Bergeron would assume first line Centre duties until Seguin is ready to take them over.  
    Posted by RMiller87

What the ****, a Rmiller87 post without mentioning sidney crosby's name at least once. The apocalypse is definately near

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

StanleycuptotheBRUINS to blake wheeler= rmiller87 to sidney crosby

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Let's also hope that Savard doesn't suffer another concussion or have another projected 60 point subpar season next year... Otherwise, the Black and Gold are likely stuck with that 7 year contract for a very, very long time...
    Posted by RMiller87

Another projected 60 point season.??? Savard was injured pretty much the whole year. Missed 41 games. Played with the likes of steve begin and byron bitz at different points in the season. Still was the closest bruin to a point per game. Sorry Rmiller, Savard, if healthy, will bounce back and have a 80+ point season next year. He wont be traded until AT LEAST when seguin's entry level deal is up. Deal with it

By the way his stats since the lock out starting with 05-06 and ending with 09-10
    Games played-goals-assists-points
    82-28-69-97
    82-22-74-96
    74-15-63-78
    82-25-63-88
    41-10-23-33
    (if he was healthy 09-10 translates to 82-20-46-66 which is a down year but still a good year nonetheless) 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Savard??? : What the ****, a Rmiller87 post without mentioning sidney crosby's name at least once. The apocalypse is definately near
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

And your point with that post would be what, exactly ?

How about arguing the points without the ad homineum foolishness ?

If you are capable of it (which I really don't think that you are.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

StanleycuptotheBRUINS to blake wheeler= rmiller87 to sidney crosby
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

The first is a someone who appears to be mentally challenged or nine years old who is spewing ridiculous projections about a below average winger.  The second is knowledgable hockey fan who thinks the best player in the world is the best player in the world.

How dumb.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In 2009-2010, Savard played 41 games, and had 33 points which translates to 66 points for a 82 game season if he had, in fact, remained healthy all year...

How anyone can predict a 100 point season next year for a guy who has never even reached that milestone in his NHL career, and now seems to be on the downward slide is beyond me ?

Why not trade him while he still has some value, and can bring in a first line winger capable of playing with Seguin in a couple of years ?