Save the NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox24manny. Show redsox24manny's posts

Save the NHL

After putting some serious thought into ways on how to fix this leaky bucket. The NHL cant be "saved" in one season, but we need a jump start. Here is the #1 thing that HAS to happen;

BOSTON, NEW YORK, DETROIT, MONTREAL, TORONTO, CHICAGO and PHILADELPHIA all have to be GOOD AT THE SAME TIME. How long has it been since these teams have been actually contended at the same time. That is the problem. Over expansion is the #2 issue, but the #1 issue is the fact that not just "our" team (boston) aren't any good, but other teams like TORONTO and CHICAGO continue to stink. The NHL NEEDS to get the OLD fans back. Who cares about that 50 year old female from New Mexico or the 21 year old male from Nashville. Roenick was right, WE DONT NEED THEM!!! So give me a break with all this we have to make hockey appealing to everyone. No, it doesnt. Hockey is Hockey. Hockey is violent. If you dont like it, play golf!!

Sorry for not being too clear, but i am at work right now and couldnt spend too much time typing this out :(

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Save the NHL

Sorry kid....but this sport is dead in USA....that simple. Lookat the latest rating for the game!! The NBC primetime rating wasa 1.1!! To put that in perspective.........that score tied forthe lowest primetime rating on NBC...EVER!! That is just patheticLOL!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2894490

LMAO!! It tied with a re-run of the West Wing from the end ofJuly....in 2005!!!!!! Man...you can't make this stuff up!! The NHL is a watered down product with lousy talent and no stars worthwatching anymore....Sure there is Sid but who else?? Nobodycares. I think of the days of Bourque, Gretzky, Mario, Messier,Hull, Yzerman, Roy etc... when the sport was at it's top and think ofit now....it is just a sad sad sport...no identity...no fans...no TVcontract worth crap...and probably none for the future. sad

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox24manny. Show redsox24manny's posts

Save the NHL

First off. I am not a kid ;-)

Second of all, I agree and do miss the days when there was hitting and fighting and about 100 less teams. I mean, imagine if there were 20 teams. The talent on each team. But then again, the Bruins would still find a way to screw it up. They got the salary cap, but still choose to suck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Save the NHL

First off. I am not a kid ;-)

Sorry bud, that's how I address people sometimes. It is notmeant as a knock...hell, you're a fellow Sox fan.....you'll always beok im my book!!

I agree with everything you say about the state of the NHL. Itjust is not a very good product. I respect the fact that they aretrying to open the game up more and stop a lot of the clutching andcrap but I really don't see a ton of REAL talent...like people you cantake over a game. I just miss when Mario would be on the ice andyou ALWAYS knew something good was going to happen. Or when Camwould get out there and beat the crap out of everyone while he perchedhimself by the net. I am sure a lot of it is because I just don;twatch anymore.....but there is a reason for that..........

Have a good one 24

Sections
Shortcuts