Savvy Snubbed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Savvy Snubbed

I am at a loss to explain why Savvy keeps getting snubbed. This guy has worked his tail off since being coached by Claude. I am not comparing him to Stevie Y but the transformation is close. Both were one way players when they came in the league & it was a good coach who convinced them winning is going to take your participation at both ends of the ice. Can someone explain to me how he did not even get an invite to the Canada camp? What is missing in his game, size speed, I don't get it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dasrmd. Show dasrmd's posts

Re: Savvy Snubbed

I think the fact that he blew off Hockey Canada (in going to the World Championships) every year he was with Atlanta didn't go unnoticed.  Savvy has always been known to be very self-serving and this speaks to that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewinab. Show Drewinab's posts

I think you're right dasrmd...he was invited to the World's every year in Atlanta and always declined...that plus Canada's depth at center doesn't help.  Hockey Canada has to swallow their pride though...there's no denying Savvy should have received an invite.  I went to the Red/White game in Calgary a couple of weeks ago...Savvy would have looked great dishing to some of the trigger men they have on the roster...a lot better than Slumbo Joe who looked like he was playing shinny out there!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

My bet is he will somehow get fitted in.. Time will tell...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Savard still has a reputation as a defensive liability, even though his game has changed dramatically under Julien (he's now on the PK, and on the ice in critical late-game situations). Like many fans, the powers that be obviously think a player doesn't change.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Savard compiled 262 points in the last three seasons with Boston, which is more than every player invited to the camp except Sidney Crosby, Joe Thornton, Vincent Lecavalier, Jarome Iginla, and Martin St. Louis.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

The excuse that he is still viewed as a somewhat selfish player with defenseive issues is old and tired. His snubbing of the Worlds might be partly to blame, but really it comes down to depth at center. I have Crosby, Lecavalier, and Getzlaf or Thornton as my top 3 pivots and a rough and tumbler guy on my 4th line----and Savvy is one of my favorite players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IIt is just the depth of the Canadian team

In 1987 the centers were Wanye, Mario and Messier and Yzerman was cutn Response to Savvy Snubbed:
    [QUOTE]I am at a loss to explain why Savvy keeps getting snubbed. This guy has worked his tail off since being coached by Claude. I am not comparing him to Stevie Y but the transformation is close. Both were one way players when they came in the league & it was a good coach who convinced them winning is going to take your participation at both ends of the ice. Can someone explain to me how he did not even get an invite to the Canada camp? What is missing in his game, size speed, I don't get it.
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dasrmd. Show dasrmd's posts

I think the fact that Savard was "angry" helps point to his attitude of being owed.  A more correct response might have been to say that he realizes all the talent Canada Execs have to choose from rather than sound like a spoiled brat.  It further gives credit to those who say he is all about Savvy only.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The Canadian team has too many play makers...there is talk that Joe won't make it.  When you make team Canada there has to be a certain overall part of your game that comes into play.  Guys that play the top lines for their NHL teams will be 3rd and 4th liners for Canada...Thats why guys like Mike Richards and Getz and Morrow all have a shot to make Canada...Savy wouldnt play on the top 2 lines(he could but he wouldnt) so they will go with guys that are Captains and leaders and can play anyway you want.  Canada could put 2 possibly 3 teams in the 2010 Olympics.  

Sections
Shortcuts