Savvy to Calgary?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

Savvy to Calgary?

Rumbling of Saavy to Calgary for Reghr might happen...Coming from TSN so its reliable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Savvy to Calgary?

In Response to Savvy to Calgary?:
    Rumbling of Saavy to Calgary for Reghr might happen...Coming from TSN so its reliable.
    Posted by rockett7

link?

I can't shake that Regher is the guy the Bruins gave up by trading a 1st rounder for Landon Wilson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

Posted by rockett7

For whatever it's worth...

"In other news, according to multiple reports Marc Savard has not been asked to waive his no-trade clause for Calgary despite rumors of a deal."

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2010/07/01/tsn-says-paille-back-to-boston/#more-9256

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

twitter.com/SunGarrioch

"Marc Savard's agent Larry Kelly says they haven't been approached on any deal to Calgary."

Ahh nope...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

If this happens, we are giving up a whole lot of pnts for a defensive d-man.

With our goal production from last year and then taking Savvy away w/out adding more offence other than the 18 yr old, looks like we'll need to win a whole lot of 1-0 or 2-1 games.

Get that CJ defense trap system up an going! Oh Yes, bring the "no doze" drink to the games to stay awake! 

Reghr stats 

2000-2001 Flames 71 1 3 4 -7 70 0 0 0 62 1.6
    2001-2002 Flames 77 2 6 8 -24 93 0 0 0 82 2.4
    2002-2003 Flames 76 0 12 12 -9 87 0 0 0 109 0.0
    2003-2004 Flames 82 4 14 18 14 74 2 0 1 106 3.8
    2004-2005 Canada-W-Cup 6 0 0 0 2 6
    2004-2005 Canada-WC-A 9 0 0 0 4
    2005-2006 Flames 68 6 20 26 6 67 5 0 2 89 6.7
    2005-2006 Canada-Olympics 6 0 1 1 2
    2006-2007 Flames 78 2 19 21 27 75 0 0 0 66 3.0
    2007-2008 Flames 82 5 15 20 11 79 1 1 0 93 5.4
    2008-2009 Flames 75 0 8 8 10 73 0 0 0 79 0.0
    2009-2010 Flames 81 2 15 17 2 80 0 0 0 78 2.6

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

mxx,

He is the anchor of Calgarys Def which is always in the top 5.  He provides an immediate shut down guy and a top 4 dman.  I do this deal if its actually out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Posted by rockett7

Most of the rumors hinge around Savard gong to a city in the East to stay near his family.  Judging by how his contract was worded, a Western team seems unlikely.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

I know, Reghr is great D-Man and would love him on the Bs.

I just want the Bs to try and get some more goal producation and personally I don't like the idea of moving a great set up guy like Savvy even with his worts.

I want to see a Bs team be able to score when they a pressing and it looks like that will be a struggle.

BUT, I DO LOVE TH IDEA OF REHR and would love it more of it was for Wheeler, Hunwick and/or a futire pick. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Savvy to Calgary?:
    twitter.com/SunGarrioch "Marc Savard's agent Larry Kelly says they haven't been approached on any deal to Calgary." Ahh nope...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Garrioch is a total hack.  This quote adds to the possibility of it happening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Alex Tanguay just signed with Calgary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

twitter.com/FriedmanHNIC

"Marc Savard has full no-trade until July 1, 2011. Has waived to Toronto and Ottawa only, so far."

Everyone is a hack but you nASS...Ottawa just signed Gonchar for 5.5Mil but you'll spin it to them to grab your favorite "Marc" birdbrain!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

I don't understand this trade.  Savard make 4 million and so does Reghr...what would be the point????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Does Reghr move the puck, does he play the PP?  Doesn't sound like the D they are looking for, but I don't know enough about him, as I haven't seen Calgary much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't understand this trade.  Savard make 4 million and so does Reghr...what would be the point????
    Posted by ssags111

Then PC would have to turn around and deal a Defenseman no sense is right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Does Reghr move the puck, does he play the PP?  Doesn't sound like the D they are looking for, but I don't know enough about him, as I haven't seen Calgary much.
    Posted by MeanE

Exactly, that was what I was implying.  This trade is totally dumb.  The B's do not free any cap space and they do not address any of their needs.  We have a shut down d-man.  We do not need another...
    This rumor is Eklund like.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Posted by ssags111

to spite us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Savvy to Calgary? : Then PC would have to turn around and deal a Defenseman no sense is right.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

In a soft deal for Stephon Yelle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Posted by ssags111
      your right this makes no sense at all, It also wouldnt help with the resigning of Stuart. Unless there is something else up there sleeves that we arent aware of.   Is it possiblethat they might try to move chara, more likely to move his contract then Thomas or Ryder?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

I don't understand this trade.  Savard make 4 million and so does
    Posted by ssags111

With An injury, the electrifying opportunity  of seeing Whitfield on another playoff breakaway! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Savvy to Calgary? : Exactly, that was what I was implying.  This trade is totally dumb.  The B's do not free any cap space and they do not address any of their needs.  We have a shut down d-man.  We do not need another... This rumor is Eklund like.
    Posted by ssags111

It's not that crazy.  It shifts cap space from forwards to defense (getting back towards the $30M/$20M balance that I think is preferable), ensures that the Bruins do not have to have Hunwick or a P-Bruin defenseman in the lineup, and sheds four years of $4M worth of cap space after Reghr's deal ends (unless resigned, but this way there is that choice).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Savvy to Calgary? : In a soft deal for Stephon Yelle. Posted by Drewski5

Drew I don't detect any sarcasm so I don't want to jump on you but Yelle was waived by the Hurricanes then the Avalanche claimed him. Cheers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Posted by ssags111

Guys, this makes a ton of sense.  You need a defenseman!  You don't need 4 Centers of the quality we have.  This gives us another big hitting top 2/3 defenseman.  The money is a wash but comes off 2 years before Savard's (that's huge), and paves the way for a Thomas and a fourth-liner/prospect to Philly for Gagne and Boucher deal.  Still sign Stuart and Wheeler.  Hunwick/Ference become your #6/7 defenseman.  By the way I was a big Savard fan, but I'm not liking all the current character questions.  I guess he really hasn't changed all that much!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Posted by ssags111

Exactly, unless they have a trade in mind for stuart and the reason savie goes is not for capspace but personal issues.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bob Mckenzie just mentioned this on TSN...its a long shot but is possible.

RR is a great defender...something this team needs.  He can play against all the top talent in the east and shut them down.  Chara and RR on opposite d-pairings will improve this team a lot.  You saw what Philly did.  Our defense would be just as good. 

I do this deal all day...RR is a better defender than Chara and makes our team better.  Savy can be replaced in house. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

In Response to Re: Savvy to Calgary? : Guys, this makes a ton of sense.  You need a defenseman!  You don't need 4 Centers of the quality we have.  This gives us another big hitting top 2/3 defenseman.  The money is a wash but comes off 2 years before Savard's (that's huge), and paves the way for a Thomas and a fourth-liner/prospect to Philly for Gagne and Boucher deal.  Still sign Stuart and Wheeler.  Hunwick/Ference become your #6/7 defenseman.  By the way I was a big Savard fan, but I'm not liking all the current character questions.  I guess he really hasn't changed all that much!
    Posted by CamOJonasink

Too many IFs.  Philly is not a sure destination for Thomas.  In fact if it was...and Philly wanted him, they never would have gone after Nabby first. 

Also you are banking on Seguin making the team...which is not a given either.

You think Philly is going to trade TT for Gagne and Boucher?  HUH? 

We do not need another d-man like Rehgr, Rehgr is a stay at home defensive defenseman.  This does not address Boston's needs.

Where is the PP QB in this grp? Chara, Ference, Stuart, Seidenberg, Boychuk and Rehgr????? 

So, with all respect this trade makes zero sense.