Savvy update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Savvy update

Seems like things are moving ahead, passed a test and will upping his training.
    I think with his return Seguin moves to his wing. Not sure Ryder would be the best fit but he's had some chemistry with Seguin. 

Link
    http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Savvy update

In Response to Savvy update:
    [QUOTE]Seems like things are moving ahead, passed a test and will upping his training. I think with his return Seguin moves to his wing. Not sure Ryder would be the best fit but he's had some chemistry with Seguin.  Link http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Just a thought, me thinks a lot of the Bs will have good chemistry with Seguin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I wouldn't split up Ryder and Seguin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

When he returns, does someone have to go?  We added Caron and McGrattan out of pre-season.  What is the cap formulation?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

This is great news but marc is still a month a way. Lets see how this plays out.  But it is a step in the right direction. Maybe he will come back at the end of the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Savvy update:
    [QUOTE]When he returns, does someone have to go?  We added Caron and McGrattan out of pre-season.  What is the cap formulation?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

McGratton has a 2way contract.  While I like Caron and carries only 900k cap it he might just be staying. 
    I've said this on a couple posts ,  let's see how the Bruins PK does against one of the premier PPs,  the Caps. So far they played against bad PPs in Coyotes and Devils therefore a player like Paille went unnoticed. 
    If they do well,  I think Paille might be one to shed salary . It'll take more than that though. Marchand filling in right now ,  maybe he'll be another one of those players being sent down .
    Next two games will determine how , whom to cope with.
    Not sure what PC has brewing as this has been stirring up even before season started.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]This is great news but marc is still a month a way. Lets see how this plays out.  But it is a step in the right direction. Maybe he will come back at the end of the year.
    Posted by stinkman[/QUOTE]

I just want Savvy back fully recovered and in time to get in stride for the 2nd half of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Savvy update:[QUOTE] I wouldn't split up Ryder and Seguin.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Good call those two have great chemistry so far they need to stay together. Mcgrattan and Marchand would be my call to go down unless Chiarelli trades Hunwick and/or Paille. IMO Daniel deserves a chance to make his case to get back in the lineup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't split up Ryder and Seguin.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Right now, I agree. They are working well together.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]When he returns, does someone have to go?  We added Caron and McGrattan out of pre-season.  What is the cap formulation?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]
    Cap-wise, they would still be fine if Savard comes back and Sturm is still hurt.  They would have 24 roster players though, does this mean someone has to be sent down?  I can never remember the roster limit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377

23-man Roster
    There may be a maximum of 23 players on each Club's playing roster at any one time from the commencement of the NHL regular season through the trade deadline. Prior to the start of the season, each Club must submit to the NHL its "Opening Day Playing Roster" which shall be comprised of not more than 23 players. Each Club must have a roster of at least 20 players, composed of 18 skaters and two goaltenders. Players on Injured Reserve do not count in the 23-man limit.

The Devils I believe are at 19 right now because of all their injuries. Rolston being put on LTIR will help for now but Lou's going to need to juggle much more than PC will ever have to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy update : Cap-wise, they would still be fine if Savard comes back and Sturm is still hurt.  They would have 24 roster players though, does this mean someone has to be sent down?  I can never remember the roster limit.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Man,  am I grateful for all of your calculations . Are you sure you're a chemist ? or are you an accountant ?  LOL.
    You'll be our capologist on this board. You did your homework.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy update : Man,  am I grateful for all of your calculations . Are you sure you're a chemist ? or are you an accountant ?  LOL. You'll be our capologist on this board. You did your homework.  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I'm a chemist that never touches chemicals.  Unless you count powdered creamer.  So in some ways I guess I am like an accountant.
    The only reason I can do this is because the LTIR players use up all the cap space.  If I had to account for 'banked' space (that's the word CapGeek uses, and I think it is a good one)  I would ... probably waste even more of my time setting up some obscene spreadsheet or notebook to do it.  Much more difficult, though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Savy should not worry about coming back anytime soon, and management should do likewise. We don't need a repeat of what happened to him in the play-offs, for his sake and the Bruins.

Let him workout and skate for the next 2-and-a-half months and then look at him debut in the new year. So let Savy continue on his own schedule and we'll see him later rather than sooner - to the benefit of all concerned.

If I were PC I would consider him unavailable for the entire season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thanks, fellas!  This is the first thread in quite a while that actually had decent information and discussion.

If the team is playing well, it'll be quite a decision that has to be made.  If 17, 18 and 46 are ripping, does 91 go to the second like?  But what if 37 is also doing a fantastic job?  Does 91 go to the third line? 

I'm sure 91 will start out on a lower line, but would they keep him there? 

Usually, someone would say, "It's a great problem to have."  I would disagree here.  I think it's a terrble problem.  You have to demote a guy who has six plus years left on his contract or you have to bust up chemistry.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks, fellas!  This is the first thread in quite a while that actually had decent information and discussion. If the team is playing well, it'll be quite a decision that has to be made.  If 17, 18 and 46 are ripping, does 91 go to the second like?  But what if 37 is also doing a fantastic job?  Does 91 go to the third line?  I'm sure 91 will start out on a lower line, but would they keep him there?  Usually, someone would say, "It's a great problem to have."  I would disagree here.  I think it's a terrble problem.  You have to demote a guy who has six plus years left on his contract or you have to bust up chemistry.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is that much chemistry to bust up.  So Seguin and Ryder both have 1 goal in three games together -- it's not like they're the Sedin twins. 

I think it is an okay problem to have because the ultimate goal for this team is to have three semi-even scoring lines, just like two years ago when they led the league in scoring.  I think Bergeron can be the 3rd line checking center, but his line still gets good minutes and he plays 1st line power play and 1st line PK.  Then you're still utilizing his strenghts.  You're also making it difficult for opposing teams to match up their top defensive lines since any of the top three lines can (theoretically) score.

And Savard always stays on the top PP unit (along with Bergeron; Krejci and Seguin on PP2).  I am hopeful that would work out okay...we'll see.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Am I the only one who finds that the Savy post concussion syndroms felt at the right time.  Just when the Bruins needed some cap relief.  I am not saying it is not true but they keep saying that you need to be concussion free for 7 days to do physicall activities.  From what i read Savy never really stop working out...at least skating.  Today they are saying that the post concussion syndroms he has is depression.  You would think that they would talk about the headheaches and stuff.  Again i am not saying that it is not true and i want to see Savy fully healthy when he comes back.  I think that the Bruins have enough dept to ride for a while without him anyways.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy update : I'm a chemist that never touches chemicals.  Unless you count powdered creamer.  So in some ways I guess I am like an accountant. The only reason I can do this is because the LTIR players use up all the cap space.  If I had to account for 'banked' space (that's the word CapGeek uses, and I think it is a good one)  I would ... probably waste even more of my time setting up some obscene spreadsheet or notebook to do it.  Much more difficult, though.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

No no,  you're not wasting time.  Thanks for the information.
    I just wonder if Savvy returns before Sturm .  It's with both them back that the Bruins run into that problem.
    As for Savvy,  I just feel like he's a team player.  The remarks he made a few years back that he would take a pay cut to keep this team together tells me he's a team player and he's ready to accept any role on this team.  Just a hunch.
    Savvy wants to win and that's the bottom line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Savard passes test, returns to the ice

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Am I the only one who finds that the Savy post concussion syndroms felt at the right time.  Just when the Bruins needed some cap relief.  I am not saying it is not true but they keep saying that you need to be concussion free for 7 days to do physicall activities.  From what i read Savy never really stop working out...at least skating.  Today they are saying that the post concussion syndroms he has is depression.  You would think that they would talk about the headheaches and stuff.  Again i am not saying that it is not true and i want to see Savy fully healthy when he comes back.  I think that the Bruins have enough dept to ride for a while without him anyways.
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you read, but yes, he DID stop working out, and hadn't even started skating this summer when the symptoms returned. And depression is just one of the symptoms - there's no need to catalogue the rest; we know what they are by now.

As noted above, he has passed one test and has just returned to the ice. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Am I the only one who finds that the Savy post concussion syndroms felt at the right time.  Just when the Bruins needed some cap relief.  I am not saying it is not true but they keep saying that you need to be concussion free for 7 days to do physicall activities.  From what i read Savy never really stop working out...at least skating.  Today they are saying that the post concussion syndroms he has is depression.  You would think that they would talk about the headheaches and stuff.  Again i am not saying that it is not true and i want to see Savy fully healthy when he comes back.  I think that the Bruins have enough dept to ride for a while without him anyways.
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Hockey is a soap in Montreal , don't get too caught up .  Everyone went in public during pre-season to clear the air.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks, fellas!  This is the first thread in quite a while that actually had decent information and discussion. If the team is playing well, it'll be quite a decision that has to be made.  If 17, 18 and 46 are ripping, does 91 go to the second like?  But what if 37 is also doing a fantastic job?  Does 91 go to the third line?  I'm sure 91 will start out on a lower line, but would they keep him there?  Usually, someone would say, "It's a great problem to have."  I would disagree here.  I think it's a terrble problem.  You have to demote a guy who has six plus years left on his contract or you have to bust up chemistry.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Suprisingly troll free thread!

I'm with you on this....I dislike the saying "a good problem to have". A problem is a problem - Some are just worse than others.

Sometimes these things have a way of working themselves out. There is apparently a fair number of games before Savard may be back and a lot can happen in the interim.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I want to see Seguin on a line with Savard.  Savard Seguin and Horton is my #1 pp unit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]I want to see Seguin on a line with Savard.  Savard Seguin and Horton is my #1 pp unit.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a winner to me.