savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph

i knew it...these have been all tv, internet rumors...people like us spreading rumors...and nothing more...chia has no intrest in trading 91 and we should all be thankful.. savy has alot of game left and the bs are a better team w him...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph

In Response to savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph:
    [QUOTE]i knew it...these have been all tv, internet rumors...people like us spreading rumors...and nothing more...chia has no intrest in trading 91 and we should all be thankful.. savy has alot of game left and the bs are a better team w him...
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Fluto says otherwise.  I'll believe a Globe writer stating facts over a twitter guy who spends his time trying to be first.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Hate to agree with Negative As Sh*t, but I would believe Fluto waaaaaay before Murph. If there is any info floating out there that Murphy caught wind of, it is likely just damage control by the B's now that it is unlikely they will move Savard any time soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I can see it being a case of legistics,  Savy may not have ever been directly asked to waive it, with out PC having an appropriate deal in place, whats the point.

Could the bruins have asked if they had a deal in place, with a team he was interested in would he be willing to waive it, sure, but they are not asking him to do is at this time since no deal exist..

Either way, its not really news..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph:
    [QUOTE]I can see it being a case of legistics,  Savy may not have ever been directly asked to waive it, with out PC having an appropriate deal in place, whats the point. Could the bruins have asked if they had a deal in place, with a team he was interested in would he be willing to waive it, sure, but they are not asking him to do is at this time since no deal exist.. Either way, its not really news..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

This is also what I think the situation is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Since the League is now investigating Savy's contract, it could thus become void, possibly meaning that he becomes a UFA.

Thus Savy waving his NTC, could become a moot point, as he might not even be a Bruin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

where did anyone ever read pc is actively trying to trade savard..he may have listened to offers for him but i personall dont believe he has called 1 team and said hey ill give you marc savard for ?  regardless i think pc and savy need a 1 0n 1 before season gets started to clear the air..hes a very important part of our offense and huge part of our pp  (over 20 percent last yr with him)  (under 10 percent wout him)  so he needs to be happy here

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]where did anyone ever read pc is actively trying to trade savard..he may have listened to offers for him but i personall dont believe he has called 1 team and said hey ill give you marc savard for ?  regardless i think pc and savy need a 1 0n 1 before season gets started to clear the air..hes a very important part of our offense and huge part of our pp  (over 20 percent last yr with him)  (under 10 percent wout him)  so he needs to be happy here

I am with you on this, I don't think PC ever stated they were shopping savard (actually its doubtful any GM ever really mentions shopping a specific palyer), its all speculation, leaked rumors etc..
    I think the only time you see it openly is if a player has requested a trade, then you might as well be on record saying yoru fielding offers for this player, gives you the best chance at getting the most options.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

if im chia of course i listen to any offer for any player...why not?  but as far as chia shopping him.. i never believed thats the case... of course with our cap and center situation..fans, media etc speculate savy is logic choice to go...thats how this bs get started..but the only thing that matters to me is that 91 knows chia never called a team and said ill give u 91 for ?...thats very important...but its to a point now chia should talk w him to be on same page..savy is a very big piece..we need..seguin is not ready at 18 to take savys spot or even any of the top 3 centers spots...fans who think trading 91 is a good move are crazy..the bruins with a healthy 91 are a much better team then wout him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I have to think if gms were calling the bruins about centers savard is on the bottom of that list.. i mean 7 year deal..

You have a shot a bergeron for a similar cap hit only a 1 year deal
    krejci for 2 years at a very friendly cap hit
    seguin, colborne, caron etc all on entry level deals..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

91 will be wearing black and gold and setting up his linemates beautifully and often as they light the lamp on Causeway Street beginning this October. Relax everyone. And oh, by the way, did I mention that the Habs eat monkey excrement? Wasn't sure if I had.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]whether or not PC brought it up, he entered into trade negotiations with other teams about savard, nothing worked out so Savard probably wasn't asked to waive his NTC. He was however asked to give the two teams (his NTC is a limited NTC) that he would accept a trade to, those teams were Toronto and Ottawa.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

I dont think that is correct either, his extension didn't kick in till july 1st, his previous contract had a limited no trade I believe, but his current deal has a a full no trade for the upcoming season, then tiers to a partial, and then down to having no protection at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

PC's job IS to listen to offers for his players. I read an article 2 months ago that had PC saying he is in no hurry to push Marc Savard out the door. Savard is almost a PPG player with a 4 million dollar cap hit, it just seems foolish. As for Kaberle for Savard does this make our team better?? absolutely NOT. does this make TO better?? Absolutely. If this is about cap space then this deal (Savard for Kaberle) doesn't even exist. Note that TO has like 9 defenceman, and we would be helping them out in that department as well.

Chiarelli is stocking up @ center cause he knows this is the most coveted position and it will give him alot if trading power down the road, Also it is the teams strength and it is great to have a guy step right in when injuries arise. Look at the playoffs last year Savard @ like 80% and no Krejci, We had to go with Whitfield as depth and the series was over. When Krejci got injured, It sucked the life right out of the Bruins. 

This year Seguin, Colborne, Caron, Sauve, NAS's favorite Hamill, and Arniel. this is hardly a problem this year.

Savard will remain a Bruin because thats what he wants or be and wants to retire. I look forward to watching Savy help bring a CUP back to Boston because that is his main goal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

[QUOTE]does it matter? he still asked savvy to pick his two teams, which clearly means he was looking into trading him...furthermore Fluto />Murphy

where is the conformation that chia asked savy to pick his two teams?  that never happended

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph : where is the conformation that chia asked savy to pick his two teams?  that never happended

I gotta agree with you, i think even that is unconfirmed rumors.. I think speculation is these are teams that would make sense for him, I would think going to a contender would be pretty high on his personal list which would make nither toronto or ottawa a top selection in my eyes..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/06/savard_unlikely.html unless you REALLY don't believe Fluto about anything at all, then it wasn't unconfirmed rumor.

We can go round and round unless you can find something from PC or savy saying yeah we asked him to waive it..

http://audio.weei.com/m/32121877/peter-chiarelli-bruins-gm.htm

"8:53 the only reason there is speculation around savard is because we aquired a good player who could be a premier centermen or winger"

The day after your fluto source by the way...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]i don't recall where fluto said anything that would refute that. Fluto merely reported the two teams that Savard said he would be willing to go to.

Yeah except that statement by PC is pretty contradicatory to fluto's report, of course you don't have to interpet it that way since clearly you dont want to.. but I agree with others that unless you have something concrete, My guess is its merely speculation.. Since an answer that would have supported fluto's statement would have been something more like "theres a lot of speculation around marc because  of the free agency timing and teams are looking to see who is available" or "we had a brief discussion that if a deal did come through that made the bruins a better team were their teams he would consider going to" etc..

PC's claim that the only reason there is speculation around savard is because of the position the bruins are in is not really the same as yeah we asked hit to waive his no trade clause.

I am not disagreeing that savard may have come up in trade, or that pc might have inquired about players and thrown his name in the ring, but it would be my belief they would not ask him to waive his NTC unless the deal was in place, and if it was, he wouldn't be there today..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph : We can go round and round unless you can find something from PC or savy saying yeah we asked him to waive it.. http://audio.weei.com/m/32121877/peter-chiarelli-bruins-gm.htm "8:53 the only reason there is speculation around savard is because we aquired a good player who could be a premier centermen or winger" The day after your fluto source by the way...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Chiarelli can say this because he never came out and said "blah blah trade Savard".  It doesn't mean anything.  It's a carefully constructed statement.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I believe PC was listening to offers for Savard and it got out that happens in every sport and then that's when the rumor ball started rolling on twitter.

PC must choose between Ryder or Savard if the league rips up the contract. I do agree with PB that if they go back on an already registered contract that will create allot of legal wrangling and appeals.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

fluto is assuming that 2 teams savy would waive no trade clause is tor and ott savy was never asked by chia what teams he would waive it for...chia isnt trading him..its rumors by fluto, and others that start this bs...almost all trades that happen are the ones you dont hear about...example..how many people honestlky heard anything about nj and kovy last yr before it happened?  csavy is here to stay and bs fans should be thrilled

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sviola877. Show sviola877's posts

I just do not like the idea that Savy was ever up for grabs. I've always thought it would be stupid to let him go, he has been one of the better free agency pick up's over the last 4 years, and he has worked really hard to be a team player since arriving in Boston.  Having a glut of centers is a good problem to have; there are a ton of teams who would love to have one of our top four centers, and again to remove one of our premier point getters for what? An aging puck moving defensemen, just never made since.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

I will say first that i want savard to stay. That being said if you believe the report it says he never waived his no movement clause,not that he was never asked to waive it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]fluto is assuming that 2 teams savy would waive no trade clause is tor and ott savy was never asked by chia what teams he would waive it for...chia isnt trading him..its rumors by fluto, and others that start this bs...almost all trades that happen are the ones you dont hear about...example..how many people honestlky heard anything about nj and kovy last yr before it happened?  csavy is here to stay and bs fans should be thrilled

"Savard had waived his full no-trade clause for potential deals to Toronto and Ottawa."

It's not really something that can be interpreted differently.  It states clearly that Savard waived his NTC for Toronto and Ottawa.  It isn't phrased as a rumor (Savard might have waived hit NTC...), or speculation (It's possible that Savard could waive his NTC).  It's very clear, definitive statement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

obviously none of us were in the room, but isn't it alot more likely that all avenues were explored and then they decided for one reason or another not to deal? at any rate, now that there isnt a deal its semantic, what does it prove one way or the other to proclaim savy was never asked?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was under the impression Toronto and Ottawa were the teams that Savard would waive his NTC in the first year of his new contract. That might mean nothing now if his contract voided by an NHL arbitrator.

Sections
Shortcuts