savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph

In Response to Re: savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph : Chiarelli can say this because he never came out and said "blah blah trade Savard".  It doesn't mean anything.  It's a carefully constructed statement.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Your smarter than that,  unless you can find a quote from savard, his agent, pc or bruins management, its all speculation and rumor..

And PC's quote would refute what fluto said, I think there is a big difference to its only come up because we drafted seguin, and well we asked him to wave his no trade clause at one point while exporing some options..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph : "Savard had waived his full no-trade clause for potential deals to Toronto and Ottawa." It's not really something that can be interpreted differently.  It states clearly that Savard waived his NTC for Toronto and Ottawa.  It isn't phrased as a rumor (Savard might have waived hit NTC...), or speculation (It's possible that Savard could waive his NTC).  It's very clear, definitive statement.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    that was a statment maded by fluto assuming that savard said this...not that he actually said it...savard made it clear "i was never asked to waive my trade clause" i cant answer for sure if he was asked about teams he would waive it for..but i doubt very much he was ever asked this question..fluto has no actual facts its all assumption...just like people on internet seeing cap situation and making deals that make sense itsa all rumors no facts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]bruins8 and rolerhockey, lets have a chat. First off Bruins8, lets drop the defensiveness, and lets also drop the whole "I know more than Fluto act," you are making definitive statements about things you don't know about. Apparently you don't really understand journalism. Fluto cannot say "Savard had waived his full no-trade clause for potential deals to Toronto and Ottawa." if its a rumor. well he could, but hes a better reporter than that. Basically, all this means is that PC was looking into a trade, and asked Marc if there were any teams that he potentially would be willing to waive his NTC for. Savard gave him these two teams, end of story. Roler the quote you provided from PC doesn't really factor into this debate
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]\

Pberg, it absolutely does, its pretty direct, and is actually from the day after fluto's article man.. don't make it about what you want it to be.. It could only be more directly related if that qoute was "fluto said you asked savard to waive his no trade" and PC said "no people are only saying that because were deep at center and it seems to make sense"

Truth is its far harder to prove something was not said as opposed that it was. I don't think anyone has unearthed a single thing that says savard was asked to waive it and gave these 2 teams that comes from a quoteable source..

Savy is kind of a moody player, when he was asked if he thought he might be traded he was very direct in saying it happened at the draft before so he wouldnt say never, how come no one can dig up a quote from him saying yeah they asked me to waive it, looks like i wont be here in sept??

Like i said i think with that cap crunch, there have been talks, but if i am managing that team, I am not approaching him to waive it till the deal is in place..
    Burke is on record several times (though not as of late) saying he has had discussions with the bruins, but not about savard.. and i cant see a deal with ottawa that makes sense for the bruins...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]ummmm HOW ABOUT FLUTO????
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

UM? how about who is fluto's source, since fluto himself is not a member of the bruins management your aware of that right, i mean hes not saying he was there when it happened? he is quoting an un named individual?  well that's definitative..

Like I said you have nothing, your arguement is based on a reporter saying he got this from a source inside, as a reporter he is tracking rumors as well, and this one was credible enough for him to run with, but not enough to put a name next to it... no confirmation from pc, from cam, from savy, from savy's agent.. oh, and the fact that PC is pretty direct is saying its all speculation because of the bruins cap, and depth at center, is the reason for all the speculation.  Like i said i agree his name has probably come up, but unless you can dig something up  that says he was asked to waive it (with some source that would have direct knowledge) I will side by my originial statement that management wouldn't blindly ask him to waive it with out some form of deal in place..

Cause that is what your saying you know? PC basically said "hey savy, what teams would you be will to waive your no trade to i want to go see if i can work out some deals to get you outta here"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]your argument is based on a lesser reporter speculating, not a respected reporter stating a fact. If this is always your line of thinking, start reading eklund because apparently you only see what you want to see. Listen, I hate the idea of trading savard, I don't want it to happen, but facts are facts.

That reply was genius, except my "arguement" isn't based any reporter, its based on the lack of reporting.. The fact that you can't find a single article staying savard, his agent, pc, etc, anyone stating that savard has been asked to waive his no trade.. But on the fact that no one has confirmed it..Well other then PC, not confirming it, and that wasn't "reported" it was in several interviews,  but he's not a reporter.

It's not a "fact" and its not confirmed, maybe you don't get that, for it to be confirmed you would need a statement from someone involved, no one inside the organization has ever confirmed it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]ummm alright, well, first off where have i ever suggested that Savard was asked to waive his no trade clause, that only happens right before a deal is about to be made. My point is that it is absolutely asinine to say "oh this was all speculation and rumors, they would never trade Savvy." The only reason to say that is if you are crazy about savard and are in denial. You have basically said that you think you know more about the day to day operation of the bruins than fluto. Fluto was the one "staying" that Savard said he would accept a trade to Toronto or ottawa, so if you know more than the globes beat writer, tell me, why do you not have a job in the field?

your rediculous, and your all over the place, go re read all my post, that start with I don't think he was asked to waive it since that would only happen with a deal in place and that i think its just a rumor based on the fact that the bruins are loaded at center.  I never said once the bruins wouldn't trade him. I said that its never been confirmed by anyone so i assume its speculation because it makes sense.

So don't make things up because you can't prove you point. I am not a savard fan at all, I have already said i thought he was involved in discussions, that  I don't think the bruins would ask him to waive his no trade with out a deal in place, that was my point, and you continued to argue that fluto had reported it, you tried to claim he was a "source" and that it was a fact.. So while you never directly stated it, saying now that you don't think he was ever asked to is going to make you look like  a fool..  

your boy also wrote this..

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/07/11/no_time_for_bruins_to_take_some_time_off/?page=full

by the way 100% rumors/ speculation and fake trades, oh but notice no mention of savard having already agreed to waive his NTC??  weird..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]"But there’s still work to be done before the puck drops in Prague Oct. 9. Based on conversations with principal players, here’s how this observer sees things unfolding prior to the start of the 2010-11 season:" BOOM, and right there he tells us all that it is speculation. What you have been saying is that this has been all one huge gigantic rumor created by the media....your wrong

your truly an idiot.. what do you think that quote remotely proves? I didnt say its all speculation, your struggling right now, i said savard waiving his nor trade clause was speculation you moron..

And nice quote, who said that?? but your right that quote proves savard waived his no trade clause for toronto and ottawa.. its all right there..

like i said find a quote from a source, your just out ot prove what?? i never said he wouldnt be traded, i specifically said he was probably involved in talks.. so your trying to prove me wrong, making stupid statements, and not even sure what your arguing..

with out you finding a report, or official release that the bruins or savard have confirmed he was asked to waive his no trade clause its a rumor, and speculation, and since you don't seem to get this part either, rumors and speculation can turn out to be true..

a trade rumor for instance is often just that, so and so talked to so and so about a certain player.. that makes it a trade rumor, even though its 100% true..

not to mention
    "right there he tells us all that it is speculation. What you have been saying is that this has been all one huge gigantic rumor created by the media....your wrong"  so he says its speculation, which is what i said, and i am wrong?? your a genious..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

I think it is very possible that the trade rumors are media driven. The team is deep at center and over the cap. Every sports media individual and fan love to play GM. The media has the luxury of pushing their opinions out to the masses and calling them facts because how would the fans know. I think Chiarelli wants 91 to stay. Why would he have signed him to a long term deal? The globe has in the past had more of an agenda with their sports than they do with their politics.

Remember that most people refer to them as the "media" now rather than the "news" because they first above all are trying to entertain you rather than educate you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]your argument is based on a lesser reporter speculating, not a respected reporter stating a fact. If this is always your line of thinking, start reading eklund because apparently you only see what you want to see. Listen, I hate the idea of trading savard, I don't want it to happen, but facts are facts.

What I like to know is why you are so $orny to believe what Fluto says, but the reporter who said Seguin was out worked by Leblanc is a non issue? You PBergeron are the worse one for Double Standards that comes on here. However, I will ask this. Is it a possibilty that Savvy already put the Toronto & Ottawa stipulations at the sametime he signed either this deal he's on now, or the one that's coming up? I mean he makes it obvious he wants to be close to his kids. He could've told his agent I want a NMC, but I want it so that I will waive for Tor, or Ott only! Probably not a popular way to do it, but maybe that's why the rumors/story has some merit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

fluto doesnt know what he saying all speculation..hedi watney should be taking his and nako spots this winter

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

ok pbergeron37 show me 1 just 1 actual comment from chia that he asked savy a list of teams...not from fluto or anyone but pc..because that was my original post its all rumors from you, to your  friend, to fluto......pc never asked savy to give a list  thats all i was getting at

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph:[QUOTE]I think it is very possible that the trade rumors are media driven. The team is deep at center and over the cap. Every sports media individual and fan love to play GM. The media has the luxury of pushing their opinions out to the masses and calling them facts because how would the fans know. I think Chiarelli wants 91 to stay. Why would he have signed him to a long term deal? The globe has in the past had more of an agenda with their sports than they do with their politics. Remember that most people refer to them as the "media" now rather than the "news" because they first above all are trying to entertain you rather than educate you. Posted by McKodiak5[/QUOTE]

Well put you nailed it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

[QUOTE]ok pbergeron37 show me 1 just 1 actual comment from chia that he asked savy a list of teams...not from fluto or anyone but pc..because that was my original post its all rumors from you, to your  friend, to fluto......pc never asked savy to give a list  thats all i was getting at
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Everyone else's rumors as opposed to your rumor where your 100% positive PC never asked Savard. interesting

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph:
    [QUOTE]i knew it...these have been all tv, internet rumors...people like us spreading rumors...and nothing more...chia has no intrest in trading 91 and we should all be thankful.. savy has alot of game left and the bs are a better team w him...

That's true ONLY if he doesn't suffer another concussion and/or if his balky knee stays solid enough for him to play with enough speed to remain effective.  There are a LOT of questions regarding Savard still. 

It'll be interesting to see what PC does if the arbitrator rules against Savard's new contract.  Things have changed since it was signed last fall.  If B's feel Seguin's the real deal and can help this coming season as a rookie, a ruling against Savard's contract could be a salary-cap gift from heaven for PC.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: savy never asked to waive trrade clause...per murph : Everyone else's rumors as opposed to your rumor where your 100% positive PC never asked Savard. interesting
    Posted by BruinsNumber4[/QUOTE]

again like ive asked since beginning of this post...show me 1 chia article..qoute etc saying he asked savard for a list of teams he would accept a trade to....until that happens its rumors bye everyone..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

bottom line is chia may have taken calls about savy and every other player thats his job...but not 1 time has he ever called a team and offered savy and not 1 time has he went to savy or his agent and asked him for a list of teams he would be willing to go to..like he did with thomas agent....and then publicy told us why he asked thomas....never did with savy...all internet,media, fan rumors   im willing to bet anyone opening night 91 is on the roster...and 73, 30 also 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]bottom line is chia may have taken calls about savy and every other player thats his job...but not 1 time has he ever called a team and offered savy and not 1 time has he went to savy or his agent and asked him for a list of teams he would be willing to go to..like he did with thomas agent....and then publicy told us why he asked thomas....never did with savy...all internet,media, fan rumors   im willing to bet anyone opening night 91 is on the roster...and 73, 30 also 

I don't even know if that is true.. I just think with out a solid offer in place, why would you upset your top scorer by saying hey, were looking to deal you, what teams would you go to..

And if he had asked savard to waive it because a deal was in place, and lets say it was too phoenix and savy nixed it, we would know..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

he never asked savy....people including media and fans just assumed with the bs salary cap situation and the addition of seguin at center that savy was the logical choice to move at this point...which by the way in my opinion is wrong...seguin is not ready to move any of the 3 centers we have..not even close...but anyway dont matter...i  fully expect the open night lineup to consist of  savy horton lucic   krej wheels ryder   seg bergy rex   thro camp paille as the forward group id be shocked if another forward replaces any of those guys