SAVY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: SAVY

In Response to Re: SAVY:
    [QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/09/19/seguin_naturally_is_center_of_attention/ As per the above article. If you look at paragraph 4  by Dupont he states that the PCS flared up "a few weeks into the Bruins 4 month summer respite." If this is accurate from Dupont why did Savard notify the Bruin's so late in the summer about his PCS? If this is true Chia & the Bruins should be furious at this guy. Is that a typo or am i reading that the wrong way? He was having symptoms a few weeks into the summer yet declined to tell his employers while the employers are apparently attempting to trade him. If true this shows such low character on Savards part & proves he is a me first guy even further. Now it is camptime & the Bs are blindsided when they could have made other moves to compensate for his loss while Chia looks like a A** for attempting to trade damaged goods. Absolutely disgraceful on Savards part if true.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

"After working out intensely this summer to prepare for the upcoming season, Savard began suffering symptoms again in recent weeks, and was scheduled to meet with doctors on Friday."

http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/bruins-are-missing-marc-savard-due-to-post-concussion-syndrome.html

Always a good idea to read KPD's offerings with a healthy dose of salt.

Unless he's spoken directly to Savard himself, which I seriously doubt, I'd tend to believe every other report on the situation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : First of all, where did I say the Bruins didn't have Center depth? I agree they do & that is why I would have never signed Savard to his new deal. They had depth & Chia should have realized that Krejci would eventually surpass Savard on the depth chart making Savard very expendable. Regardless of the concussion it was to much of a commitment to a 33 yr old when you have young guys who are ready to replace him & give you a much more complete game in the process. 2nd of all if Chia knew earlier in the summer that Savard was having PCS do you not think he would have taken him off the table in trade discussions? By Savard keeping quiet it makes Chia look like he was attempting to deal damaged goods. The trade reports were very public so you would think if Savard was having PCS 3 wks into the summer, as Dupont states, he would notify Chia. Why wouldn't he unless he was upset the Bs were attempting to trade him & wanted to hold the hammer in case he was dealt. Once again very selfish & not good for the Bruins organization or Chia's reputation around the league. Also if he was having these symptons early in the summer why would he be entering these golf tournaments? Strange don't you think. So how do you justify Savard not telling his employer early in the summer that he was having PCS? I am simply going by what Dupont wrote in his latest article & you have yet to come up with a valid reason of why Savard would keep that to himself. Also why would Savard be allowed to fly home for the weekend after seeing the doctors on Thursday or Friday? Is it not true that doctors recommend you don't fly while you have PCS? You would think the Bruins would be much more cautios with him as they have so much invested in this guy. I would also think that Savard would be concerned & do what is best for his future so he could get back on the ice quicker to help the team. These are all questions that should be asked & yet you say " I don't get it." So rather then showing your immaturity bring something to the table & answer the above questions. Alot of this Savard stuff seems fishy.
    Where does it say he flew home? How do you know he wasn't driven? Is it your biased opinion about Savard that says he went against Dr's orders & flew anyway!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : Where does it say he flew home? How do you know he wasn't driven? Is it your biased opinion about Savard that says he went against Dr's orders & flew anyway!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

FYI, doctors recommend against flying when you have just suffered a concussion. I'm not a doctor, but isn't PCS a different thing?

Anyway, the problem with standing in judgement, as I've noted before, is that we are woefully ignorant of the situation. PCS symptoms can be relatively mild, but if you're a professional athlete, they have to be taken very seriously. It's quite possible that Savard is only suffering some headaches and lack of concentration, not enough to horribly disrupt his off-ice life, but enough to keep him from skating/working out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : FYI, doctors recommend against flying when you have just suffered a concussion. I'm not a doctor, but isn't PCS a different thing? Anyway, the problem with standing in judgement, as I've noted before, is that we are woefully ignorant of the situation. PCS symptoms can be relatively mild, but if you're a professional athlete, they have to be taken very seriously. It's quite possible that Savard is only suffering some headaches and lack of concentration, not enough to horribly disrupt his off-ice life, but enough to keep him from skating/working out.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Very possible duinne. All I am saying is these questions should be answered. Until they are people are going to be wondering what the heck is going on here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : Remember what I told you Sandog? Newfie = Heavy drinkers, Bull-headed as they come, they're always right & the whole world is wrong! lol

You are an absolute idiot, and you would know this how.

What a freakin tool.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : Here are all the things wrong with what you've said in this thread. First off, your acting like his career is 100% over without a doubt, well, thats stupid, you made that up, he could be cleared in a week for all you or I know, you basically just made up a bunch of information. Secondly, Savard is not the bruins best player, far from it. Hes not even the best center on the team. Your saying this is a year where we should bring up some youth, making it sound like the year is over already. So the bruins lose a guy from the position at which they are deepest, and its not even clear how long he'll be out and all of a sudden the seasons over? wow, i stand by my previous statement, clueless
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Sav is the most talented forward and has not been usurped as this yet, he is the cog that kept the PP going and averages more points per game than anyone else on the team.

Think sometimes before you diss!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

There are always questions we want answered, that may never come to light of day,  and unless they are asked by some smart reporters(not too many-I believe they are all editors) the answers will remain unanswered.

These items not being addressed to the public does not mean it is a conspiracy, or there are ulterior motives it sometimes just means as noted the right questions were not asked or addressed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : You are an absolute idiot, and you would know this how. What a freakin tool.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

This is in response to N38 dissing a whole Canadian Province and if anyone agrees with this then they are total freakin idiots as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : this guy calls everyone bull-headed when all he does is yell at people for not thinking that thomas is the best goalie on this team. its just hilarious that he calls people exactly what he himself is

Wathef is this in ref to, you little dutch bag, 32 mins, I'd give you your 32 chiclets on a freakin plate.

You are the first to ref TT in this entire Savy post, what a dolt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I am sorry PB37 if I have hurt your feelins by yelling at you, NOW SHUT YOUR COMPUTER OFF AND GO TO BED TOMORROW IS A SCHOOL DAY.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

[QUOTE]I am sorry PB37 if I have hurt your feelins by yelling at you, NOW SHUT YOUR COMPUTER OFF AND GO TO BED TOMORROW IS A SCHOOL DAY.

looks like Irritability from PCS 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Portugal Cove South is where I live, PCS and very irritated at some posters yes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : Very possible duinne. All I am saying is these questions should be answered. Until they are people are going to be wondering what the heck is going on here.

I doubt Savard will stay silent forever. When there is something to report, or when he has something to say, it will happen. Until then, I for one will respect his privacy and give him the time and space he needs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : Remember what I told you Sandog? Newfie = Heavy drinkers, Bull-headed as they come, they're always right & the whole world is wrong! lol

And you are still an idiot !

Go Habs Go !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : No class until 10:40, I think I'll stay up a little longer

Another Bruins poster with no class ?

Quelle surprise !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Last week, "He'll be here Friday.  That's all that's important..."

Today, "When there is something to report, it will happen..."

Boy, that's some hard hitting journalism that the Bruins have happening...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : You are an absolute idiot, and you would know this how. What a freakin tool.

Because my mother is one. I'm half of one, all my relatives on my mothers side is one. That pretty much makes me know a lot! And yes I can be a tool! However, I'm bang on my assesment when it comes to Newfie's! They think they know it all! They're as bad as an Acadien Frenchman from NB! I know that because my Father is one & I'm half of one of those too!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : this guy calls everyone bull-headed when all he does is yell at people for not thinking that thomas is the best goalie on this team. its just hilarious that he calls people exactly what he himself is

No not true at all! I never said u were bullheaded. I said you were moronic, young & foolish! Now that's 32 minutes for mouthing off! hehehheh!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Goat,  nites has it in for Newfiebullet. You Newfoundlanders are okay AND YES you guys can drink, not that there's anything wrong , it was always all in fun.
    Back to the subject,  when I first heard this on Savvy it made sick. Bruins are starting injured from the get go, again !  For as long as I've followed this team there was always a stick thrown in the spoke of the Bruins.  Last season with all their injuries to key components started early and ended the Bruins season with Krejci going down.
    You can look as far back as , Orr and then Kluzak and then Leveille (maybe to become  a future star)   and yes Neely.  Stop already !
    JWensink, agree with you 100% !  He must pay . I don't mean going after him to drop the gloves because he won't but hit him at every chance you get. Then maybe he'll drop to the gloves to a Lucic or Thornton .   I say Chara will be the first to really hit him hard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : Because my mother is one. I'm half of one, all my relatives on my mothers side is one. That pretty much makes me know a lot! And yes I can be a tool! However, I'm bang on my assesment when it comes to Newfie's! They think they know it all! They're as bad as an Acadien Frenchman from NB! I know that because my Father is one & I'm half of one of those too!

So, you seem to be stereotyping all Newfoundlanders based on your experiences with your mother...

That is a bit weird...

Thanks for sharing !

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

There is a good possibility that Savard may never be the same player that he was before the Cooke hit.

He is already past his prime years, and had he played a full 82 game season, he was only projected to get 66 pts.

I really wonder what kind of person would call their own mother a heavy drinker and bull-headed.

Maybe, they should be telling this stuff to a shrink rather than posting it here.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

66 points would have been a 25% increase on our next scorer.

Sections
Shortcuts