SAVY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

SAVY

The Bs bad luck continues,They paid Big bucks for this car,and it looks like someone hit and totaled it.I wonder if JJ has insurance on his contract?How can you deal with another 4 mill salary with a guy who may not ever be the same? Sounds like where it is going.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Re: SAVY

In Response to Re: SAVY:
    first off, don't worry, there aren't multiple other threads about this subject or anything. Secondly, its too bad hes hurt, but what exactly makes you think hes done? your imagination?
    Posted by pbergeron37

Must be pretty serious to miss camp.Dont kid yourself,this is a finesse player that got a pretty good blow to the head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

first off, don't worry, there aren't multiple other threads about this subject or anything. Secondly, its too bad hes hurt, but what exactly makes you think hes done? your imagination?
    Posted by pbergeron37

I know, someone should start a thread about McGratton while we're at it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

the truth is there not telling the truth at all, it could be serious enuf for an extended break for savard or it could be a precaution, but seriously the precaution should of taken place in the playoffs and not allow him back. A concussion as serious as his could take months and months, some symptoms never go away, I know that for a fact.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Patrice Bergeron's career was supposed to be done as well. Unbelievable how some sports fans immediately assume the worst comical.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Yah Patrice Bergeron's career was supposed to be done as well. Unbelievable how some sports fans immediately assume the worst comical.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I have no idea how long Savard will be out. However, a 33 yr old, already on the decline, with PCS is not good. Especially when he is signed for the next 7 yrs at a substantial caphit. One of the main reasons many of us have an issue with that contract since it was signed.

Also, Savard was apparently golfing with Chia a couple of weeks ago & now apparently can't speak to the media. Somethings seems odd here. A major miscommunication from both sides. Obviously Chia knew nothing about this because if the rumours are true he was trying to trade him for most of the summer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : I have no idea how long Savard will be out. However, a 33 yr old, already on the decline, with PCS is not good. Especially when he is signed for the next 7 yrs at a substantial caphit. One of the main reasons many of us have an issue with that contract since it was signed. Also, Savard was apparently golfing with Chia a couple of weeks ago & now apparently can't speak to the media. Somethings seems odd here. A major miscommunication from both sides. Obviously Chia knew nothing about this because if the rumours are true he was trying to trade him for most of the summer.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Chiarelli has already refuted those rumors, weeks ago. I have no doubt there was interest in Savard, as teams were well aware that the Bruins are deep at center and need to shed salary, but that doesn't translate into "he was trying to trade him for most of the summer." After Savard made his complaint, IIRC at the start of August, Chiarelli called him and said he was not being traded. The end.

And the Bruins haven't said Savard can't speak to the media. He simply didn't. I for one can easily understand why Savard, after the crap that's been spewed by tools like Murphy and Haggerty, wouldn't want to, anyway. What's he going to say? "My head hurts. Eff off."? And what's golfing with Chiarelli got to do with it?

I don't get the "something seems odd here." Savard worked hard through most of the summer, started experiencing post-concussion syndrome symptoms in the past couple of weeks (which is not uncommon), informed the Bruins about it, is getting checked out by doctors, and is "day to day." What, exactly, is odd about that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : I have no idea how long Savard will be out. However, a 33 yr old, already on the decline, with PCS is not good. Especially when he is signed for the next 7 yrs at a substantial caphit. One of the main reasons many of us have an issue with that contract since it was signed. Also, Savard was apparently golfing with Chia a couple of weeks ago & now apparently can't speak to the media. Somethings seems odd here. A major miscommunication from both sides. Obviously Chia knew nothing about this because if the rumours are true he was trying to trade him for most of the summer. Posted by Newfiebullet

Savard signed the contract before the concussion don't know why you continue to bring that up and the reason Savard didn't have good numbers last year was because he had no wingers so his numbers are not on a decline. Supposed knowledgeable hockey fans didn't have issue with the contract until after the injuries.

The symptoms could have started back up again after the golf outing so I don't know why that would be confusing to you other than you just are stuck on speculating on the negative which is that you think Savard is done and that Marc and PC are deliberately deceiving you fortunately I'm not that naive.

Good luck with your speculations!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Patrice Bergeron...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : Savard signed the contract before the concussion don't know why you continue to bring that up and the reason Savard didn't have good numbers last year was because he had no wingers so his numbers are not on a decline. Supposed knowledgeable hockey fans didn't have issue with the contract until after the injuries. The symptoms could have started back up again after the golf outing so I don't know why that would be confusing to you other than you just are stuck on speculating on the negative which is that you think Savard is done and that Marc and PC are deliberately deceiving you fortunately I'm not that naive. Good luck with your speculations!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

The Bs signed a 32 yr old to a 7 yr deal when they had younger, more complete players already on the team. PLayers tend to decline into there mid 30s. Savard did not stand out before his concussion last season. I was against the Savard signing long before his concussion.

I do believe Savard has PCS. I also believe he informed Chia late in the summer. Once he informed Chia then CHia finally came out & publically stated he was not dealing Savard.

Contrary to your above opinion I didn't believe Savard was done. I felt the Bs could get a couple of decent seasons from him but that it was in the Bs best interest longterm to get rid of him. I still believe that. Especially after today's news. You can keep denying it all you want but a 33 yr old with PCS & a 7 yr deal is not a good situation for the Bs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

The Bruins should kick the $.hit out of that piece of garbage Cooke every time they see him for the rest of his career- sickening

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

The Bruins should kick the $.hit out of that piece of garbage Cooke every time they see him for the rest of his career- sickening
    Posted by JWensink

Spot on!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Not a good combo of Age, personality,and recent history of thinking he was dissed.I see a bumpy,expensive  year ahead. This 4 mill a year if he not at 100% is going to strangle the Bs in the wallet.Questions I have for all the know it alls 1) if he comes back,then goes out,then goes back then goes out,in process of this year,does his 4mill count in the cap?How can you run a team like this? I may be getting ahead of myself here ,but what a pain in the asss

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Oh well I've got a headache also,but my boss wouldn't let me out of work based upon that news.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

It will become harder for him to get clearance from the docs from now on, if he is still having symptoms, call it pcs or spin it whatever way you like, it will be unlikely he will get clearance to fly and be some time before full scrimmage let alone play.

If he was able to play golf last week, his symptoms are very recent and that doesn't look good for us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : The Bs signed a 32 yr old to a 7 yr deal when they had younger, more complete players already on the team. PLayers tend to decline into there mid 30s. Savard did not stand out before his concussion last season. I was against the Savard signing long before his concussion. I do believe Savard has PCS. I also believe he informed Chia late in the summer. Once he informed Chia then CHia finally came out & publically stated he was not dealing Savard. Contrary to your above opinion I didn't believe Savard was done. I felt the Bs could get a couple of decent seasons from him but that it was in the Bs best interest longterm to get rid of him. I still believe that. Especially after today's news. You can keep denying it all you want but a 33 yr old with PCS & a 7 yr deal is not a good situation for the Bs.
    posted by Newfiebullet

younger yes,... more complete no.  if there'as a chink in this teams armour up to this point...it's the fact that they're not nearly "complete'. 
    although nowhere near a "complete" player, savard has a shorter distance to travel than many of his teamates.  his contract is only 7 years if he continues to play that long.  don't think the b's are really in that much trouble on this one.  he's got almost a month to recuperate(veterans hate training camp anyway), and if he's in great shape, it's not that big of a setback. 
    unless, that is, a blockbuster is on the way, and the spin doctors are working overtime.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

It will become harder for him to get clearance from the docs from now on, if he is still having symptoms, call it pcs or spin it whatever way you like, it will be unlikely he will get clearance to fly and be some time before full scrimmage let alone play. If he was able to play golf last week, his symptoms are very recent and that doesn't look good for us.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Symptoms of post-concussion syndrome include headaches, difficulty in concentrating, and irritability. The symptoms can come and go; it's certainly possible that Savard could play a round of golf, but not get out on the ice and skate hard, or lift weights or things of that sort.

Bottom line, we have no idea how severe the symptoms are, how long they'll last, or exactly when he started experiencing them. We're just speculating. All we can do is go by what the organization is saying, and see what happens:

"He's in good spirits," said Chiarelli. "I talked to him and he's anxious to get back. We're just being very cautious and we'll take it day by day."

http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/bruins-are-missing-marc-savard-due-to-post-concussion-syndrome.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Oh well I've got a headache also,but my boss wouldn't let me out of work based upon that news.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

You ever suffer a concussion? Do you play a contact sport for a living?  Do you have any clue whatsoever what it means to suffer a debilitating injury, then have a recurrance of symptoms?

Looks to me that your username is appropriate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : when they had younger, more complete players already on the team. PLayers tend to decline into there mid 30s. Savard did not stand out before his concussion last season.  Posted by Newfiebullet

Savard had 88 points when he was 31 I thought you said that players go into decline ? Other than Bergeron, whom can still have conditions like Savard and Krejci whom has had 2 major surgeries the last 2 years who are these complete players that the Bruin have up front that your speaking of...please explain who they are ?

Savard was at almost a point per game without Lucic injured with Bitz, Paille, Wheeler and Sturm on his wings. Marc did stand out allot without good wingers while coming back very quickly from those injuries.

You're wrong about players not producing after the age of 30, wrong about there being allot of talent on the team to replace Marc at the time of the signing and wrong about Beregeron and Krejci being ready to lead the Bruins.

General Managers cannot predict the injuries so you have proven nothing in your posts Newf.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I am very worried about this.  I have no doubt that he isn't doing well.  But part of me has to wonder if he would want to miss camp on purpose.  Most veteran guys hate pre-season.  He also was on the block all summer long so why would he want to rush into things.  He has to have a bad taste in his mouth.  I hope I am wrong, but it definitely crossed my mind immediately.

This could be an albatross contract.  I really hope I am wrong.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : Savard had 88 points when he was 31 I thought you said that players go into decline ? Other than Bergeron , whom can still have conditions like Savard and Krejci whom has had 2 major surgeries the last 2 years who are these complete players that the Bruin have up front that your speaking of...please explain who they are ? Savard was at almost a point per game without Lucic injured with Bitz, Paille, Wheeler and Sturm on his wings. Marc did stand out allot without good wingers while coming back very quickly from those injuries. You're wrong about players not producing after the age of 30, wrong about there being allot of talent on the team to replace Marc at the time of the signing and wrong about Beregeron and Krejci being ready to lead the Bruins. General Managers cannot predict the injuries so you have proven nothing in your posts Newf.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

One of the most ridiculous things I have read on these boards. Savard had 88 points when he was 31 because he was in his prime. I said players in there mid 30's tend to decline. Even Gretzky declined in his mid 30's. Savard is now 33 yrs old & beginning a new 7 yr deal while he has PCS. Your love for Savard is obviously clouding your judgement on a bad situation.

Both Bergeron & Krejci (Both Centers) were more complete then Savard even at the time of his signing. All you had to do was watch the games to realize that. Both much younger also.

Great players can play with anyone. Why was Krejci able to bring more out of Satan, Ryder, Wheeler & Lucic then Savard? Didn't Bergeron & Krejci ( Along with Rask) carrythe Bruins to the playoffs after Savard went down? Isn't that when the Bs played there most consistent hockey?

The only thing you got right is General Managers can't predict injuries. But they should be able to realize when a player is declining & being surpassed on the depth chart by younger players. That is where Chia messed up.

Comparing Bergeron to Savard is fine but you conveniently leave out that Bergeron is 8 yrs younger then Savard.

The only thing you have proven in your post is that your loyalty to Savard seems to outweigh your ability to realize what is best LONGTERM for the Bs franchise.

What will a 4 million caphit for Savard look like in 3 yrs when a real possibility exist that he may not even be getting PP time? The guy brings nothing to the table if he isn't providing offense so he can't even be a 3rd line checker. Unbelievable that you & some others don't have the foresight to realize this.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : One of the most ridiculous things I have read on these boards. Savard had 88 points when he was 31 because he was in his prime. I said players in there mid 30's tend to decline. Even Gretzky declined in his mid 30's.

Your love for Savard is obviously clouding your judgement on a bad situation. Both Bergeron & Krejci (Both Centers) were more complete then Savard even at the time of his signing. All you had to do was watch the games to realize that. Both much younger also.

Isn't that when the Bs played there most consistent hockey? The only thing you got right is General Managers can't predict injuries. But they should be able to realize when a player is declining & being surpassed on the depth chart by younger players.

That is where Chia messed up.

what is best LONGTERM for the Bs franchise. What will a 4 million caphit for Savard look like in 3 yrs when a real possibility exist that he may not even be getting PP time? Unbelievable that you & some others don't have the foresight to realize this. Posted by Newfiebullet

So you're points are that Chiarelli should have had the foresight to see that Savard was going to have a concussion. I'll have to read that Hockey/Football GM book "GMs "when signing or extending players having the foresight to see possible lengthy injuries" Brilliant!

Bergeron whom has had two seasons with 70+ points 3 years ago before a grade 3 concussion can lead the PP and the Bruins ? David Krejci  whom has had one 70 point season 2 major surgeries most likely won't be fully recovered till about December maybe! is going to lead the Bruins plus the PP ?

Again Newf I ask you at the time of the Marcs contract extension whom other than Bergeron and Krejci (whom are injury prone) were going to lead the Bruins up front ? Hamill, Lucic, Ryder, Paille ... Caron and Sauve were in th Q, Colborne still chasing skirts around Denver's campus and Seguin not drafted yet...

What was the Bruins PP % when Savard was out last season ? What games are watching ? I don't see your foresight at all...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

This may be a bringing along young talent year.Next year 8-13 mill will be available.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : The Bs signed a 32 yr old to a 7 yr deal when they had younger, more complete players already on the team. PLayers tend to decline into there mid 30s. Savard did not stand out before his concussion last season. I was against the Savard signing long before his concussion. I do believe Savard has PCS. I also believe he informed Chia late in the summer. Once he informed Chia then CHia finally came out & publically stated he was not dealing Savard. Contrary to your above opinion I didn't believe Savard was done. I felt the Bs could get a couple of decent seasons from him but that it was in the Bs best interest longterm to get rid of him. I still believe that. Especially after today's news. You can keep denying it all you want but a 33 yr old with PCS & a 7 yr deal is not a good situation for the Bs.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Its a 4 year deal with 3 years to lower the cap hit, you really think hes going to be playing for a million bucks a year if hes not productive?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

This may be a bringing along young talent year.Next year 8-13 mill will be available.
    Posted by hockey-101

you really are just 100% clueless about everything hockey huh

Sections
Shortcuts