SAVY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: SAVY

In Response to Re: SAVY:
    In Response to Re: SAVY : So you're points are that Chiarelli should have had the foresight to see that Savard was going to have a concussion. I'll have to read that Hockey/Football GM book "GMs "when signing or extending players having the foresight to see possible lengthy injuries" Brilliant! Bergeron whom has had two seasons with 70+ points 3 years ago before a grade 3 concussion can lead the PP and the Bruins ? David Krejci  whom has had one 70 point season 2 major surgeries most likely won't be fully recovered till about December maybe! is going to lead the Bruins plus the PP ? Again Newf I ask you at the time of the Marcs contract extension whom other than Bergeron and Krejci (whom are injury prone) were going to lead the Bruins up front ? Hamill, Lucic, Ryder, Paille ... Caron and Sauve were in th Q, Colborne still chasing skirts around Denver's campus and Seguin not drafted yet... What was the Bruins PP % when Savard was out last season ? What games are watching ? I don't see your foresight at all...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Don't bother, SanDog. It's not worth it. He hates Savard. You can't reason with someone like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

newfiebullet thinks that charielli should have went out, bought a crystal ball, and looked into the future to the concussion and not signed the deal

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Im a big Savard fan.

Day by day, Savard's contract is looking worse and worse. What people don't realize is that a sub par season or another concussion could make his contract an albatross and it would be nearly impossible to move. A 4 mill cap hit for another 6 years. You also have to think whats gonna happen longterm. Right now our top 3 centers are Savard, Krejci, Bergeron. Unless Seguin pulls a kessel, he's not gonna play wing for the next 7 years. What if Seguin becomes a franchise center after 2 seasons. He's not going to be playing 2nd/3rd line for 5 seasons. I can't see savard being productive as a 2nd/3rd line center. Bergeron and Krejci could possibly think that they belong on a line higher than 2nd/3rd. As of right now, I firmly believe that Bergeron will walk at season's end. There was a part of me that was hoping for the NHL to pull a Kovalchuk with Savard's contract just for the sake of the Bruins.

Sandog and others, Im a huge Savard fan, but you guys cant deny facts. The fact is we have a 33 year old center with PCS signed for the next 7 years at a 4 mill cap hit, and is also not guaranteed to return to his previous form due to a severe concussion. I believe it is in the best interest for the Bruins long term to deal savard as soon as they can and not take the chance of another sub par year/concussion, which could make his contract unmovable.

Keep in mind that Im a Savard fan 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Im a big Savard fan. Day by day, Savard's contract is looking worse and worse. What people don't realize is that a sub par season or another concussion could make his contract an albatross and it would be nearly impossible to move. A 4 mill cap hit for another 6 years. You also have to think whats gonna happen longterm. Right now our top 3 centers are Savard, Krejci, Bergeron. Unless Seguin pulls a kessel, he's not gonna play wing for the next 7 years. What if Seguin becomes a franchise center after 2 seasons. He's not going to be playing 2nd/3rd line for 5 seasons. I can't see savard being productive as a 2nd/3rd line center. Bergeron and Krejci could possibly think that they belong on a line higher than 2nd/3rd. As of right now, I firmly believe that Bergeron will walk at season's end. There was a part of me that was hoping for the NHL to pull a Kovalchuk with Savard's contract just for the sake of the Bruins. Sandog and others, Im a huge Savard fan, but you guys cant deny facts. The fact is we have a 33 year old center with PCS signed for the next 7 years at a 4 mill cap hit, and is also not guaranteed to return to his previous form due to a severe concussion. I believe it is in the best interest for the Bruins long term to deal savard as soon as they can and not take the chance of another sub par year/concussion, which could make his contract unmovable. Keep in mind that Im a Savard fan
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

First of all, Savard has a no-trade clause, and probably wouldn't waive it for at least half the teams in the NHL, which cuts down severely on his trade value.

Secondly, if, as you believe, Savard has been severely damaged by his concussion, who would trade for him, considering his contract?

Bottom line, trading him right now is pretty much impossible. Unless you want the Bruins to dump him for pennies on the dollar, perhaps giving up a Joe Colborne or Jordan Caron in the bargain.

As for long term, now is the time to go for it. Seguin might be a great center down the road. Krejci might be a #1. I'd rather have this team fight for a Cup now than think about what might happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Savard's contract is looking worse and worse. What people don't realize is that a sub par season or another concussion could make his contract an albatross and it would be nearly impossible to move. A 4 mill cap hit for another 6 years

Unless Seguin pulls a kessel, he's not gonna play wing for the next 7 years. What if Seguin becomes a franchise center after 2 seasons.

I firmly believe that Bergeron will walk at season's end. There was a part of me that was hoping for the NHL to pull a Kovalchuk with Savard's contract just for the sake of the Bruins.

4 mill cap hit, and is also not guaranteed to return to his previous form due to a severe concussion. which could make his contract unmovable. Keep in mind that Im a Savard fan Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Where do I begin...Meh OK...What makes a contract unmoveable is longterm injury or long time un-productive years Savard has neither negative prognosticating breeds negativity or vise versa.

How many GMs take the time to golf with a player after he supposedley was trying to trade ? NONE What player would golf with a GM any in any major sport that thought he was being traded by ? NONE Chiarelli has a pulse on this team.

a 4Mil cap hit is by all means moveable because that player is a non contact player, he can dish it plus really pick up the pp in a second with the right winger. Lou Lamorellio would put Savard and Kovalchuk back together in a second at 4Mil per.

Read PCs lips "Seguin is playing Center" and Savard's pre 35+ contract is moveable when Krejci, Seguin and Bergeron are ready to take the reigns teams can/will lineup Ottawa and Toronto wouldn't love a 4Mil cap hit at center ? give me a break.

There has been no indication that Bergeron wants to walk ...
    http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/patrice-bergeron-not-stressing-about-getting-new-deal-done-before-season.html

"so for now I’m just thinking about hockey. If we do come down to having some conversations during the year, and I feel it’s not distracting me, I’ll keep going, but if I feel like it does [become a distraction], I’ll tell Peter I want to stay in Boston, but I’ll [negotiate] later." Bergeron

By the way that's another guy "Patrice" Chiarelli showed faith with while going through post concussion recovery. I've highlighted the good parts for you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Why does this have to be black and white?  It is TRANING CAMP.  Who cares if he is out the start of camp?  What if he misses the whole camp and is out until Thanksgiving?  Is that going to cripple us? 

We need him for the playoff push and beyond, not training camp.

If his PCS is worse than he/they has/have lead on, then we will have a problem.  If he has to retire because he can't play anymore, then he will come to an agreement on a huge settlement and we will be hammered on the cap for a couple of years. Or, maybe he will be a shell of who he was, then what can you do?

BUT, training camp just started and he is out, day to day.  How about we wait a few weeks before jumping the gun and declaring him damaged goods for all of eternity.

BTW, the deal was not a bad one when it was signed as it is front-loaded and the last three years are to lower the cap him in the first four.  I applaud the Bruins for trying to extend one of their best players and not let him walk.

Let us wish Savy the best and hope he has a speedy recovery.  I would guess that he will maning the PP before Thanksgiving.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

In Response to SAVY:
                      The Bs bad luck continues,They paid Big bucks for this car,and it looks like someone hit and totaled it.I wonder if JJ has insurance on his contract?How can you deal with another 4 mill salary with a guy who may not ever be the same? Sounds like where it is going.
    Posted by hockey-101

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : You ever suffer a concussion? Do you play a contact sport for a living?  Do you have any clue whatsoever what it means to suffer a debilitating injury, then have a recurrance of symptoms? Looks to me that your username is appropriate.
    • Posted by duinne
    SEND SAVARD BACK TO OTTAWA , I THINK WITH THE CONCUSSIONS HES BEEN HAVING HE WILL BE ON THE SHELF LONG TERM AN FOR SAVY GET A LIFE , YOU WHINE LIKE SPEZZA HEATLEY ,  SO YOU GET TRADED WHO CARES , I DONT THINK YOUR WORTH THE MONEY , PLAYER LIKE YOU IS WORTH ABOUT 2.5 MILLION AN NOTHING MORE ,

• You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

In Response to SAVY:
                      The Bs bad luck continues,They paid Big bucks for this car,and it looks like someone hit and totaled it.I wonder if JJ has insurance on his contract?How can you deal with another 4 mill salary with a guy who may not ever be the same? Sounds like where it is going.
    Posted by hockey-101

• You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

ANOTHER LINDROS CONCUSSIONS PROBLEMS , WONT LAST IN THE BIG LEAGUE,
    LOOKS LIKE THIS BIG BABY WILL EITHER PLAY FOR TORONTO OR RETIRE LIKE ALL THE REST CONCUSSION CASES , A HEAD FULL OF MARBLES , SAVY YOUR FINISHED , IT DOESNT MATTER WHERE YOU LAND , I GIVE YOU 3 YEARS AN YOU BE OUTTA OF THE NHL 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

There are a few scenario's that could play out with Savard as i see it.

1. He could be out a while and come back and be the same old Savvy .

2. He could come back and be a shadow of his former self.

3. He could be out a long time and then in and out of the line-up.

4. He could be the next David Booth .

Take your pick . I guess we'll see.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Savard will be back for opening day. I have a feeling he just wants to take it easy and train on his own until opening day. Savy will kick but this year

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : you really are just 100% clueless about everything hockey huh
    Posted by pbergeron37

They just lost there best player,get your head out of your asss

• You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Can somebody explain to me why idiots who make stupid comments ALWAYS HAVE TO DO SO IN ALL CAPS?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Can somebody explain to me why idiots who make stupid comments ALWAYS HAVE TO DO SO IN ALL CAPS?
    Posted by duinne

I swear I typed something here.  It was supposed to say:
    "Attention seeking behavior?"

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/09/19/seguin_naturally_is_center_of_attention/

As per the above article. If you look at paragraph 4  by Dupont he states that the PCS flared up "a few weeks into the Bruins 4 month summer respite."

If this is accurate from Dupont why did Savard notify the Bruin's so late in the summer about his PCS? If this is true Chia & the Bruins should be furious at this guy. Is that a typo or am i reading that the wrong way?

He was having symptoms a few weeks into the summer yet declined to tell his employers while the employers are apparently attempting to trade him. If true this shows such low character on Savards part & proves he is a me first guy even further.

Now it is camptime & the Bs are blindsided when they could have made other moves to compensate for his loss while Chia looks like a A** for attempting to trade damaged goods. Absolutely disgraceful on Savards part if true.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/09/19/seguin_naturally_is_center_of_attention/ As per the above article. If you look at paragraph 4  by Dupont he states that the PCS flared up "a few weeks into the Bruins 4 month summer respite." If this is accurate from Dupont why did Savard notify the Bruin's so late in the summer about his PCS? If this is true Chia & the Bruins should be furious at this guy. Is that a typo or am i reading that the wrong way? He was having symptoms a few weeks into the summer yet declined to tell his employers while the employers are apparently attempting to trade him. If true this shows such low character on Savards part & proves he is a me first guy even further. Now it is camptime & the Bs are blindsided when they could have made other moves to compensate for his loss while Chia looks like a A** for attempting to trade damaged goods. Absolutely disgraceful on Savards part if true.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

You are correct,its not good all around.This is one of the leaders,and is not a good way to start.He is in his 30s and needs this camp.10 years ago he would have been able to miss.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That might be true if I believed everything that Dupont reported but I don't. Chiarelli has done a good job of making sure that the Bruins are deep at center  negotiating with Bergeron to get him extended, Announcing that Seguin will play his natural position to start, Giving Colborne another center every chance to make the team, PC traded for a 25 year old 4th line center Campbell to replace Begin and with this depth Krejci plus Savard have more time to heal.

As PCS isn't on any schedule it can flare up reappear at anytime get it through your thick skull. There's no cure and headaches with other symptoms comes back when PCS feels like it. What difference does it make when the Bruins found out about the symptoms there's plenty of depth and your acting like there has been an announcement that Savard is already done that has not happened.

Fielding offers from teams doesn't always mean the GM tried to trade a player especially when you know you can just send Ryder to providence for cap relief. There's just no end to your misinformation.

That might be true if I believed everything that Dupont reported but I don't. Chiarelli has done a good job of making sure that the Bruins are deep at center  negotiating with Bergeron to get him extended, Announcing that Seguin will play his natural position to start, Giving Colborne another center every chance to make the team, PC traded for a 25 year old 4th line center Campbell to replace Begin and with this depth Krejci plus Savard have more time to heal. As PCS isn't on any schedule it can flare up reappear at anytime get it through your thick skull. There's no cure and headaches with other symptoms comes back when PCS feels like it. What difference does it make when the Bruins found out about the symptoms there's plenty of depth and your acting like there has been an announcement that Savard is already done that has not happened. Fielding offers from teams doesn't always mean the GM tried to trade a player especially when you know you can just send Ryder to providence for cap relief. There's just no end to your misinformation.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Keep spinning. I posted a link from a HOF hockey writer. Maybe it was a typo but you are showing your inability to debate this in a mature manner. It appears you are just covering your ears & yelling hoping Dupont is wrong. Maybe he is but it is right there in Dupont's article & you are saying there is "no end to my misinformation."

• You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : Savard had 88 points when he was 31 I thought you said that players go into decline ? Other than Bergeron , whom can still have conditions like Savard and Krejci whom has had 2 major surgeries the last 2 years who are these complete players that the Bruin have up front that your speaking of...please explain who they are ? Savard was at almost a point per game without Lucic injured with Bitz, Paille, Wheeler and Sturm on his wings. Marc did stand out allot without good wingers while coming back very quickly from those injuries. You're wrong about players not producing after the age of 30, wrong about there being allot of talent on the team to replace Marc at the time of the signing and wrong about Beregeron and Krejci being ready to lead the Bruins. General Managers cannot predict the injuries so you have proven nothing in your posts Newf.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Remember what I told you Sandog? Newfie = Heavy drinkers, Bull-headed as they come, they're always right & the whole world is wrong! lol

In Response to Re: SAVY : Keep spinning. I posted a link from a HOF hockey writer. Maybe it was a typo but you are showing your inability to debate this in a mature manner. It appears you are just covering your ears & yelling hoping Dupont is wrong. Maybe he is but it is right there in Dupont's article & you are saying there is "no end to my misinformation."
    Posted by Newfiebullet

How is having Krejci, Bergeron, Campbell, Seguin and Colborne an attempt at spinning ? Chiarelli has given Boston depth at center and again cannot predict when PCS flares up so it doesn't matter when the recurring matter happened.

PC has put depth at Center so he can deal with injuries. I'm replying to your points which makes it mature and not putting my hands over my ears n yelling.

You keep denying that the Bruins are not deep at center and that you never said PC should have not re-signed a point producer at 4Mil cap hit which will be more tradedable when Krejci, Bergeron and Seguin take this team over for good in a few years which is what Chiarelli is intending to do in the first place.

I should have taken Duinne's advice that you just don't get it. GMs just can't predict injuries nor PCS flaring up.

In Response to Re: SAVY : How is having Krejci, Bergeron, Campbell, Seguin and Colborne an attempt at spinning ? Chiarelli has given Boston depth at center and again cannot predict when PCS flares up so it doesn't matter when the recurring matter happened. PC has put depth at Center so he can deal with injuries. I'm replying to your points which makes it mature and not putting my hands over my ears n yelling. You keep denying that the Bruins are not deep at center and that you never said PC should have not re-signed a point producer at 4Mil cap hit which will be more tradedable when Krejci, Bergeron and Seguin take this team over for good in a few years which is what Chiarelli is intending to do in the first place. I should have taken Duinne's advice that you just don't get it. GMs just can't predict injuries nor PCS flaring up.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

First of all, where did I say the Bruins didn't have Center depth? I agree they do & that is why I would have never signed Savard to his new deal. They had depth & Chia should have realized that Krejci would eventually surpass Savard on the depth chart making Savard very expendable. Regardless of the concussion it was to much of a commitment to a 33 yr old when you have young guys who are ready to replace him & give you a much more complete game in the process.

2nd of all if Chia knew earlier in the summer that Savard was having PCS do you not think he would have taken him off the table in trade discussions? By Savard keeping quiet it makes Chia look like he was attempting to deal damaged goods. The trade reports were very public so you would think if Savard was having PCS 3 wks into the summer, as Dupont states, he would notify Chia. Why wouldn't he unless he was upset the Bs were attempting to trade him & wanted to hold the hammer in case he was dealt. Once again very selfish & not good for the Bruins organization or Chia's reputation around the league.

Also if he was having these symptons early in the summer why would he be entering these golf tournaments? Strange don't you think.

So how do you justify Savard not telling his employer early in the summer that he was having PCS? I am simply going by what Dupont wrote in his latest article & you have yet to come up with a valid reason of why Savard would keep that to himself.

Also why would Savard be allowed to fly home for the weekend after seeing the doctors on Thursday or Friday? Is it not true that doctors recommend you don't fly while you have PCS? You would think the Bruins would be much more cautios with him as they have so much invested in this guy. I would also think that Savard would be concerned & do what is best for his future so he could get back on the ice quicker to help the team.

These are all questions that should be asked & yet you say " I don't get it." So rather then showing your immaturity bring something to the table & answer the above questions. Alot of this Savard stuff seems fishy.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : How is having Krejci, Bergeron, Campbell, Seguin and Colborne an attempt at spinning ? Chiarelli has given Boston depth at center and again cannot predict when PCS flares up so it doesn't matter when the recurring matter happened. PC has put depth at Center so he can deal with injuries. I'm replying to your points which makes it mature and not putting my hands over my ears n yelling. You keep denying that the Bruins are not deep at center and that you never said PC should have not re-signed a point producer at 4Mil cap hit which will be more tradedable when Krejci, Bergeron and Seguin take this team over for good in a few years which is what Chiarelli is intending to do in the first place. I should have taken Duinne's advice that you just don't get it. GMs just can't predict injuries nor PCS flaring up.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Sandog, Newfie is like a lot of others. Their opinions are all "matter of fact" right. What they say is the law of the land & anyone who doesn't agree with that opinion is wrong. They don't base their opinion on facts though. They base it on what they feel as an individual towards that person. They don't allow facts to get in the way of their opinion. Then, when they come across someone who says something that relates to their arguement they run with that hoping to make their personal opinion right. For ex. Newfie- runs with "Savvy had shown signs of PCS early in the summer & never told anyone! Therefore he's a terrible guy for not saying anything to the B's!" However, if (Newfie) he liked Savard. His statement would say. " I applaude Savvy for not running to management at the first sign of trouble & trying to excuse himself from training camp!"

So essentially your saying Savard is a story telling liar and should not be treated like a veteran to return home before camp starts. That Chiarelli is a jerk for listening to offers for Savard and can never move 4Mil cap hit later on. Krejci and Bergeron can lead the Bruins to the promise land because of their outstanding play on the PP, consistent multi year 70 plus point seasons in a row and how they led the team when Savard was gone.

Brilliant!

So essentially your saying Savard is a story telling liar and should not be treated like a veteran to return home before camp starts. That Chiarelli is a jerk for listening to offers for Savard and can never move 4Mil cap hit later on. Krejci and Bergeron can lead the Bruins to the promise land because of their outstanding play on the PP, consistent multi year 70 plus point seasons in a row and how they led the team when Savard was gone. Brilliant!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

So you just avoid the questions, right.

When you have nothing of substance to say or have no answer to the questions to support your binky you just attack the poster. I get it.

Brilliant.

• Sections
    Shortcuts