SAVY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Re: SAVY

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=334587

So the most respected reporter in the business says Savard was hit & hit hard with PCS in August & had some symptoms in the later part of the series against the Flyers.

So I guess the next question should be to Bruins management. When did Savard notify the Bruins of his PCS?

If the answer is last week then there is no defence for Savard waiting until camp to notify his employers of his PCS. I will say that if he notified them in August, isn't it strange that they only had him see 3 doctors last week which would of been the middle of September.

Now it is quite possible that he just went back to see the Bruins doctors last week after seeing them in August. But Chia did stress they were notified "late" in the summer. This is getting more interesting. If this is true & the Bs only found out last week they should be furious with Savard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY:
    [QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=334587 So the most respected reporter in the business says Savard was hit & hit hard with PCS in August & had some symptoms in the later part of the series against the Flyers. So I guess the next question should be to Bruins management. When did Savard notify the Bruins of his PCS? If the answer is last week then there is no defence for Savard waiting until camp to notify his employers of his PCS. I will say that if he notified them in August, isn't it strange that they only had him see 3 doctors last week which would of been the middle of September. Now it is quite possible that he just went back to see the Bruins doctors last week after seeing them in August. But Chia did stress they were notified "late" in the summer. This is getting more interesting. If this is true & the Bs only found out last week they should be furious with Savard.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Hold on. Here's the exact comment from McKenzie:

//No one is saying, of course, but there is reason to believe Savard started feeling post-concussion symptoms as that series wore on. It was hoped the off-season would remedy any problems -- for a time Savard's biggest concern seemed to be the prevalence of trade rumors as the Bruins looked for salary cap relief -- but while Savard was apparently able to train for a period of time this summer, he was hit and hit hard by symptoms in August.//

"Reason to believe"? How does that equal "he had some symptoms"? I like McKenzie, but, again, this is speculation. Heck, weren't most of us speculating along the same lines, when it appeared Savard wasn't himself in that series, but had to play, especially after Krejci went down?  

As for the rest, he's just saying the same thing the Bruins are saying: Savard was training, then was hit by symptoms in the latter part of August. Cripes, whether he saw what doctor on precisely what day -- what difference does it make? Next thing you know we're going to get the "grassy knoll" theory.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : Hold on. Here's the exact comment from McKenzie: //No one is saying, of course, but there is reason to believe Savard started feeling post-concussion symptoms as that series wore on. It was hoped the off-season would remedy any problems -- for a time Savard's biggest concern seemed to be the prevalence of trade rumors as the Bruins looked for salary cap relief -- but while Savard was apparently able to train for a period of time this summer, he was hit and hit hard by symptoms in August.// "Reason to believe"? How does that equal "he had some symptoms"? I like McKenzie, but, again, this is speculation . Heck, weren't most of us speculating along the same lines, when it appeared Savard wasn't himself in that series, but had to play, especially after Krejci went down?   As for the rest, he's just saying the same thing the Bruins are saying: Savard was training, then was hit by symptoms in the latter part of August. Cripes, whether he saw what doctor on precisely what day -- what difference does it make? Next thing you know we're going to get the "grassy knoll" theory.  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Don't you think it would be best for both the Bruins & Savard to deal with this problem as soon as it came to light? For Savard, so he could get the best treatment possible to improve his health & to get him on the ice quicker. For the Bruins so they could prepare for the upcoming season knowing they would be without Savard while giving him the best treatment possible considering he is an employee & they have so much invested in him.

As I said maybe Savard did notify the Bruins as soon as the symptoms came & the Bruins have kept things quiet. Personally, I don't believe that because Chia would not have tried to trade him all summer if he knew Savard had PCS. All Chia's credibility around the league would be shot.

Hopefully these questions get asked tonight at the "State of the Bruins" town meeting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

This whole Savy things reminds me of driving up 95/128 in peabody on a warm summer night.THE WHOLE THING SMELLS REALLY BAD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : Don't you think it would be best for both the Bruins & Savard to deal with this problem as soon as it came to light? For Savard, so he could get the best treatment possible to improve his health & to get him on the ice quicker. For the Bruins so they could prepare for the upcoming season knowing they would be without Savard while giving him the best treatment possible considering he is an employee & they have so much invested in him. As I said maybe Savard did notify the Bruins as soon as the symptoms came & the Bruins have kept things quiet. Personally, I don't believe that because Chia would not have tried to trade him all summer if he knew Savard had PCS. All Chia's credibility around the league would be shot. Hopefully these questions get asked tonight at the "State of the Bruins" town meeting.

First of all, I never believed that Chiarelli "tried to trade him all summer." Of course he would have listend to offers - that's a GM's job - but this notion that he hung a "for sale" sign around Savard's neck and was auctioning him off is a media-fueled fantasy.

Secondly, if you read anything on PCS, you will realize that it's not so cut-and-dried as "as soon as the symptoms came." Those symptoms can include not only headache, but cognitive difficulties, irritability, depression, anxiety and fatigue. Now, let's see... might there have been some circumstances this summer that would cause Marc Savard to suffer irritablity, depression, anxiety and fatigue? Hmmmm... 

The problem with head injuries is that they're not black and white. Two humans could suffer the exact same injury and have completely different recoveries/setbacks. "If X happens, then Y follows" isn't something that can be stated with any authority. And symptoms aren't easily definable. Sorry about that. Life would be a lot easier if things were that simple.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]                                                This whole Savy things reminds me of driving up 95/128 in peabody on a warm summer night.THE WHOLE THING SMELLS REALLY BAD.
    Posted by hockey-101[/QUOTE]

Check your armpits.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : First of all, I never believed that Chiarelli "tried to trade him all summer." Of course he would have listend to offers - that's a GM's job - but this notion that he hung a "for sale" sign around Savard's neck and was auctioning him off is a media-fueled fantasy. Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

But hey Duinne if Dupont and Mckenzie said it happened then it has to be true right ? It is a witch hunt is what it is nothing more. Good thing here is the Bruins have depth until Savard is ready to go and you're right Duinne it makes no difference when Chiarelli found out because like you I only feel PC fielded offers not actively shopped Marc. 

Let them think what they want as they make no sense at all they just think that being stubborn proves they have a point which they do not it's all speculation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : First of all, I never believed that Chiarelli "tried to trade him all summer." Of course he would have listend to offers - that's a GM's job - but this notion that he hung a "for sale" sign around Savard's neck and was auctioning him off is a media-fueled fantasy. Secondly, if you read anything on PCS, you will realize that it's not so cut-and-dried as "as soon as the symptoms came." Those symptoms can include not only headache, but cognitive difficulties, irritability, depression, anxiety and fatigue. Now, let's see... might there have been some circumstances this summer that would cause Marc Savard to suffer irritablity, depression, anxiety and fatigue? Hmmmm...  The problem with head injuries is that they're not black and white. Two humans could suffer the exact same injury and have completely different recoveries/setbacks. "If X happens, then Y follows" isn't something that can be stated with any authority. And symptoms aren't easily definable. Sorry about that. Life would be a lot easier if things were that simple.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

You are so full of shitttt You must be from that landfill in peabody

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : You make stuff up, constantly, couldn't be more hypocritical
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

pbergeron37 or duinne  ??????????????????????????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY :                  You are so full of shitttt You must be from that landfill in peabody

Wow. Just wow.

Not that it matters or anyone cares, but I'm with duinne here. Making wild statements regarding when communication between Savard and the team MAY have happened makes no sense. PC isn't exactly known for being verbose with the media. He's usually pretty quiet and then once in a while speaks to the press. Similar to Big Lou in NJ. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that they've quietly been in contact all summer, which is just as reasonable an assumption as assuming there was no contact until right before training camp, particularly since it was reported they golfed together recently. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and stop pushing consipiracies. We have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes. We may never know, in fact.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

wow, this thread derailed into a senseless mess, hasn't it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : Wow. Just wow. Not that it matters or anyone cares, but I'm with duinne here. Making wild statements regarding when communication between Savard and the team MAY have happened makes no sense. PC isn't exactly known for being verbose with the media. He's usually pretty quiet and then once in a while speaks to the press. Similar to Big Lou in NJ. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that they've quietly been in contact all summer, which is just as reasonable an assumption as assuming there was no contact until right before training camp, particularly since it was reported they golfed together recently. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and stop pushing consipiracies. We have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes. We may never know, in fact.
    Posted by bear-in-the-woods[/QUOTE]

We dont know your right,thats why it smells so much.Duinne tends to want to put some green grass on this,but as that smelly land fill in Peabody has green grass on it it still smells.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : We dont know your right,thats why it smells so much.Duinne tends to want to put some green grass on this,but as that smelly land fill in Peabody has green grass on it it still smells.

Lets not forget hockey-101 that according to Chia he golfed with Savard a few weeks ago. I realize PCS effects people different ways but I really find that odd if what McKenzie says is right.(Most credible guy in the business)

So he has PCS but he can still golf? Now that is possible. What do seem odd is that in any job in any walk of life if you can't go to work you should not be out golfing. It just doesn't look good.

I certainly believe Savard has informed the Bruins he has PCS. But IMO there is much more going on here then some of the posters are willing to admit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

“As I stated on Friday, Marc Savard is suffering from symptoms related to post-concussion syndrome,” said the official statement. “He is under the care of our doctors. Any reports that suggest that there are any other issues regarding Marc, or him not playing for the Bruins this season, are completely inaccurate.”

After telling the fans, in response to a question from a young fan, “[Savard] will be back [in Boston] this week and he should be ready to go in short order” Chiarelli explained why he chose now to respond to a report.

“I felt it was so contradictory to what we said, and untrue,” said Chiarelli.

Nothing fishy just speculation anything else completely inaccurate!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : Lets not forget hockey-101 that according to Chia he golfed with Savard a few weeks ago. I realize PCS effects people different ways but I really find that odd if what McKenzie says is right.(Most credible guy in the business) So he has PCS but he can still golf? Now that is possible. What do seem odd is that in any job in any walk of life if you can't go to work you should not be out golfing. It just doesn't look good. I certainly believe Savard has informed the Bruins he has PCS. But IMO there is much more going on here then some of the posters are willing to admit.

If the symptoms only appear when doing heavy cardio-work (as is typical), then why not golf? Whack a ball, get in the golf cart, chat. Not overly exhausting.

Getting into NHL-ready shape? Big difference

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : If the symptoms only appear when doing heavy cardio-work (as is typical), then why not golf? Whack a ball, get in the golf cart, chat. Not overly exhausting. Getting into NHL-ready shape? Big difference
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : But hey Duinne if Dupont and Mckenzie said it happened then it has to be true right ? It is a witch hunt is what it is nothing more. Good thing here is the Bruins have depth until Savard is ready to go and you're right Duinne it makes no difference when Chiarelli found out because like you I only feel PC fielded offers not actively shopped Marc.  Let them think what they want as they make no sense at all they just think that being stubborn proves they have a point which they do not it's all speculation.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Did you catch the "Town hall" meeting online? A fan asked him that very question: "If you care about goal-scoring, why did you actively shop Marc Savard?" To which Chiarelli, obviously irritated, said, "Don't believe everything you read." Great stuff.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]                            Underneath all the stink I believe is this                                                                 Savy and PC still get there checks in the mail.The people that pay $100-$200 a game for this bullshitttt are crazy.                                                          

The only thing that stinks is the garbage you & newfie are trying to make everyone believe! There's nothing concrete with anything you say. PC never once came out & admitted. "I was trying to trade Savard!" He has said that he listened to offers, but again I don't recall him actually saying "Yes I listened to offers about Savard!" The only thing I heard him say was. "The media ran with trading Savard because we picked up a center as the 2nd pick!" not exactly those words, but that's the jist of it. The other thing is. There's nothing that says Savard knew about his symptoms long ago! That makes no sense whatsoever! I don't care what KP says. If he, or anyone else knew about Savvy having PCS before the B's brass! Do you not think it would've been reported just as quickly as they did when they said PC was shopping Savard!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Most of the players to keep in shape Run,lift,in off season.He just played golf?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Was going to start a new thread but decided to ask a question on this space.  How does a team place a player with PCS on LTIR?  Seemingly Savard status is "nebulous" as Chiarelli stated, the question is how does one determine when he will return.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]  Most of the players to keep in shape Run,lift,in off season.He just played golf?

You can't be serious.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : Did you catch the "Town hall" meeting online? A fan asked him that very question: "If you care about goal-scoring, why did you actively shop Marc Savard?" To which Chiarelli, obviously irritated, said, "Don't believe everything you read." Great stuff.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I did not catch that Thanks. I did try to catch it on bostonbruins.tv last night hoping they taped it but to no avail hmmm. I'll say again that Savard should take as much time as he needs to heal and if McGuire's report is correct about Columbus i'll say again why wouldn't Chiarelli at least listen.

Meh I predict more threads on Savard...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : You can't be serious.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty serious to me

1) Savy thinks he got dissed by the Bs.
         2) Camp starts and he has this PCS syndrome you cant x-ray

Looks like another 4 mill well spent for the Bs.If I were Bs take the 4 mill hit in your bottom line,but keep him off the ice this year and away from the cap.Bring along the youth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY :                                  Sounds pretty serious to me      1) Savy thinks he got dissed by the Bs.      2) Camp starts and he has this PCS syndrome you cant x-ray                                            Looks like another 4 mill well spent for the Bs.If I were Bs take the 4 mill hit in your bottom line,but keep him off the ice this year and away from the cap.Bring along the youth.                                                                

You actually, seriously believe one of the best hockey players in the world, on a team that has a chance to win the most prized trophy in professional sports, would pretend to have PCS because he thinks he's been disrespected? Are you out of your freaking mind?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : You actually, seriously believe one of the best hockey players in the world, on a team that has a chance to win the most prized trophy in professional sports, would pretend to have PCS because he thinks he's been disrespected? Are you out of your freaking mind?
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Savy is in the drivers seat,if he is not at 100% he will not play,except if they are good and making the playoffs.Remember he did come back and play in the playoffs.Not a good ending though was it?Maybee he did still have symptoms then,who knows.But I will say this,if he cherry picks when he comes back and when he goes out,the whole team suffers.