SAVY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: SAVY

In Response to Re: SAVY:
    In Response to Re: SAVY : Savy is in the drivers seat,if he is not at 100% he will not play,except if they are good and making the playoffs.Remember he did come back and play in the playoffs.Not a good ending though was it?Maybee he did still have symptoms then,who knows.But I will say this,if he cherry picks when he comes back and when he goes out,the whole team suffers.
    Posted by hockey-101

PCS does not have to immediately follow a concussion, it can also come and go, the bigger issue that you are missing, if savard was really miffed, and wanted to be off the team, he would be much smarter to go public with those complaints, and then play great, forcing a trade and having some value so teams he wants to play for would express an interest.... His trade value is suffering because of this injury, hes got a 7 year deal, faking PCS is no way off the team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : If the symptoms only appear when doing heavy cardio-work (as is typical), then why not golf? Whack a ball, get in the golf cart, chat. Not overly exhausting. Getting into NHL-ready shape? Big difference
    Posted by davecarr

DC you haven't golfed with me yet obviously.  Those carts are heavy when they fall in a pond.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : DC you haven't golfed with me yet obviously.  Those carts are heavy when they fall in a pond. Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Whew I thought I was the only that did that LoL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : Savy is in the drivers seat,if he is not at 100% he will not play,except if they are good and making the playoffs.Remember he did come back and play in the playoffs.Not a good ending though was it?Maybee he did still have symptoms then,who knows.But I will say this,if he cherry picks when he comes back and when he goes out,the whole team suffers.
    Posted by hockey-101

Wow, I can't decide whether you're appallingly stupid, seriously twisted or just a plain old troll.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : Did you catch the "Town hall" meeting online? A fan asked him that very question: "If you care about goal-scoring, why did you actively shop Marc Savard?" To which Chiarelli, obviously irritated, said, "Don't believe everything you read." Great stuff.
    Posted by duinne

Did you honestly think or expect Chia to say the following:

" yeah, we made a mistake when we signed Savard to that 7 yr deal, now that Cam is President we wanted to go in another direction & did everything we could to trade him this summer but teams were unwilling because of his concussion history & his longterm caphit. We were upset with his selfish play in the playoffs but now that he is hurt we wish him the best & hope he can come back healthy so he can attempt to increase his trade value so we can attempt to trade him again before the deadline."

You degrade other posters for questioning some of the things that have been reported but are willing to go on what the GM says publically when he knows he can't say anything else? Can you see the hipocrisy in that.

What did you expect him to say? You can't be that naive. Can you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : Did you honestly think or expect Chia to say the following: " yeah, we made a mistake when we signed Savard to that 7 yr deal, now that Cam is President we wanted to go in another direction & did everything we could to trade him this summer but teams were unwilling because of his concussion history & his longterm caphit. We were upset with his selfish play in the playoffs but now that he is hurt we wish him the best & hope he can come back healthy so he can attempt to increase his trade value so we can attempt to trade him again before the deadline." You degrade other posters for questioning some of the things that have been reported but are willing to go on what the GM says publically when he knows he can't say anything else? Can you see the hipocrisy in that. What did you expect him to say? You can't be that naive. Can you?
    Posted by Newfiebullet

It's not being naive, it's having common sense! So now you're calling PC a liar & degrading PC's creditability; Talk about hipocrisy! Where does it show that PC has ever been caught in a lie? You'll stoop to any level to be right!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

Most of the players to keep in shape Run,lift,in off season.He just played golf?
    Posted by hockey-101

you make things up and deliver them as truths, stop doing that, bring something to the table, you sound like imafan

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

i think one of the issues here is that a lot of people don't understand that with PCS, you can get better, start playing, and then get symptoms of PCS, exhibit A, andrew alberts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

i think one of the issues here is that a lot of people don't understand that with PCS, you can get better, start playing, and then get symptoms of PCS, exhibit A, andrew alberts
    Posted by pbergeron37

Good analogy. I forgot about Alberts. Who hit him that time? Was it Downey?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : Did you honestly think or expect Chia to say the following: " yeah, we made a mistake when we signed Savard to that 7 yr dealCan you? Posted by Newfiebullet

Back with Chiarelli should have known that Savard would get a concussion. Good luck with your crystal ball Newfie. You've already said you think Marc's career is done.

It wasn't a mistake at the time if the extension but how convenient of you to come here now and claim it was a bad deal because now Savard is suffering from PCS. GMs can't predict these kid of injuries that point you cannot get past.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : Back with Chiarelli should have known that Savard would get a concussion. Good luck with your crystal ball Newfie. You've already said you think Marc's career is done. It wasn't a mistake at the time if the extension but how convenient of you to come here now and claim it was a bad deal because now Savard is suffering from PCS. GMs can't predict these kid of injuries that point you cannot get past.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I never once said that.

I have said Savard's career seemed to be on the decline before he suffered the concussion. I did not say his career is done because I don't believe it is. Must be confusing me with someone else bud.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : Back with Chiarelli should have known that Savard would get a concussion. Good luck with your crystal ball Newfie. You've already said you think Marc's career is done. It wasn't a mistake at the time if the extension but how convenient of you to come here now and claim it was a bad deal because now Savard is suffering from PCS. GMs can't predict these kid of injuries that point you cannot get past.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Remember Sandog. Newfie's =

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : I never once said that. I have said Savard's career seemed to be on the decline before he suffered the concussion. I did not say his career is done because I don't believe it is. Must be confusing me with someone else bud.Posted by Newfiebullet

Saying repeatedly that a players contract is an albatross means you think the player is done. I for one don't think Savard is done as I did not think Bergeron was not done bud.

A player has a one injury plagued year and he's in decline. One year suffering with Ryder, Paille, Bitz and Sturm without Kessel because PC gambled and won but this means Savard is done that's some crystal ball bud.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : Saying repeatedly that a players contract is an albatross means you think the player is done. I for one don't think Savard is done as I did not think Bergeron was not done bud. A player has a one injury plagued year and he's in decline. One year suffering with Ryder, Paille, Bitz and Sturm without Kessel because PC gambled and won but this means Savard is done that's some crystal ball bud.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Bergeron was 22-years-old, Savard is 33; Doesn't have the same recovery power, big difference. Savard is as good as toast.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : Bergeron was 22-years-old, Savard is 33; Doesn't have the same recovery power, big difference. Savard is as good as toast.
    Posted by Wheatskins

If I had a dollar for every time I heard "Bergeron is DUN" after his concussion I could fly first class to Prague.

Yeah, we get it. You and Newfie and hockey 101 don't like Savard. Why not create a nice little anti-Savard club and go rag on him there?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY : If I had a dollar for every time I heard "Bergeron is DUN" after his concussion I could fly first class to Prague. Yeah, we get it. You and Newfie and hockey 101 don't like Savard. Why not create a nice little anti-Savard club and go rag on him there?
    Posted by duinne

I'll drink to that!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Delta14. Show Delta14's posts

Nightmare - I think it was Hartnell that got Alberts.  I've had a couple of concussions over the years and to this day I can remember only up to the time of the hit on both of them - everything else is a blank.  Also, whether the contract for Savard is good or bad - at the time of the signing everyone was worried that if we didn't sign him he'd go play in Toronto and the Bs would have egg on their faces for not signing him - I also seem to remember that there wasn't to much of a complaint back when he was signed to the new contract since we weren't going to let Toronto have a prized center to work with Kessel.  My suggestion would be to see how camp plays out, get the doctor's reports and make a decision before the last pre-season game on whether he has to go on LTIR or not.  I think that a grade 3 concussion would be considered for a LTIR move.

Delta 1-4

Sections
Shortcuts