Steve Yzerman played 2 years of junior:
    Year 1-  58gp 21g 43a 64pts
    Year 2-  56gp 42g 49a 91pts
    Drafted 4th overall 1983.

Tyler Sequin:
    Year 1-  61gp 21g 46a 67pts
    Year 2-  63gp 48g 58a 106pts
    Drafted 2nd overall 2010.

Both played on similar junior teams, not great, but not bad.

Here are Yzerman's first 2 NHL season totals:
    First:      80gp 39g 48a 87pts
    Second:  80gp 30g 59a 89pts

Could history repeat itself 27 years later? I think the chances are good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Scary Similarities! Seguin & Yzerman.

Did Steve Y. play on the wing because his team had too many centers also???
    Scary stuff.........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Scary Similarities! Seguin & Yzerman.:
    [QUOTE]Did Steve Y. play on the wing because his team had too many centers also??? Scary stuff.........
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    agree 100%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I'm gonna hold off on the Stevie Y comparisons for now.  I just want him to come in here and have a solid rookie season and take it from there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

"Q"and "G" are not close to each other on the keyboard. I don't know why people spell like that constantly

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Did Steve Y. play on the wing because his team had too many centers also??? Scary stuff.........

Right on JWensink, only in Boston does that happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

He's got a LONNNG way to go before even being considered to be mentioned in the same breath as Steve Y.

...but here's to hoping.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

[QUOTE]"Q"and "G" are not close to each other on the keyboard. I don't know why people spell like that constantly
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Could someone please enlighten us all as to why nobody seems to spell his name right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

Now let us hope that Seguin's stats for the next 15 years match Yzerman's that closely, too!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

How many players whom have killed it with unbelievable offensive stats in Canadian juniors but did not translate to the NHL ? An endless list

Seguin needs to go with his very talented hockey instincts, keep his damn head up, listen to his coaches, listen to the veterans on the Bruins (amongst other things) then in two years you can look at comparing young Tyler to Stevie Y the great.   

You can never have too many talented centers on a hockey team the Bruins found that out last year in the playoffs when Krejci went down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Our franchise centre hasn't even played a single NHL game, and already some so called Bruins' fan are trying to take away our hope for the future... What's with that ?
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Our?  Which team are you referring to?  As I recall, you stated you were done with the B's are were moving on to a different team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]you can't compare Stevie Y's first 2 pro years...The game and goalteniding were in an entirely different place
    Posted by rockett7[/QUOTE]

Very true, but there will be a segment of fans who won't consider (or realize) this. And there will most certainly a number of fans who will call the kid a bust if he doesn't score 25+ goals his first year, but thankfully from checking out other message boards and comments, it appears they aren't the majority.  

Sure, he's got a high ceiling. If I were a betting person, I'd put a substantial sum on the odds that he's going to be a star. But to expect an 18-year-old kid to storm into the NHL in this day and age and put up points like Steve Yzerman is insane, and unfair to boot. 

Not to mention that the comparison game is maddening. Let him be the first Tyler Seguin, not the second Steve Yzerman. It's like everyone expecting Milan Lucic to be Cam Neely. He's not Cam Neely, he's Milan Lucic, and fans should appreciate him for the unique individual that he is, not seek an imitation of what was. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scary Similarities! Seguin & Yzerman. : Our?  Which team are you referring to?  As I recall, you stated you were done with the B's are were moving on to a different team.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

That comment about me becoming a Leafs' fan last week was meant as a joke.

I thought that would be pretty obvious.

Seriously, any comparison between Seguin and Yzerman is likely premature, but one can always hope.

Or would that be wrong ? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No, not obvious at all.  There were about 75 posts ripping the B's all over the place from 1975 to the present.  I saw no comedy.

As for the comparing of a player with zero NHL games to one of the all time greats, I'd say it's wishful thinking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scary Similarities! Seguin & Yzerman. : Right on JWensink, only in Boston does that happen.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Somebody better tell the guys in Pittsburgh, because there's talk of the Penguins puttin Malkin on Crosby's wing.

This doesn't happen "only in Boston," It's not uncommon for guys who were centers in juniors or college to convert to wing in the NHL. Even a switch from defense to forward isn't without precedent (Dustin Byfuglien, anyone?). And nobody is saying this has to be permanent. If the quickest, easiest route for Seguin to contribute to the big club is to put him at wing, at wing he'll go. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How dumb.

Byfuglien mentioned in a post about SeGuin.  (Big Buff will be moved back to defense this season)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]No, not obvious at all.  There were about 75 posts ripping the B's all over the place from 1975 to the present.  I saw no comedy. As for the comparing of a player with zero NHL games to one of the all time greats, I'd say it's wishful thinking.

You can choose to get over those remarks or not ?

As far as Seguin being the next Yzerman, it's way to early to tell.

He could as easily be the next Alexandre Daigle too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Yup, they're similar. They even wear the same number in the NHL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Does Steve Y like Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks? Scary stuff

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yzerman's first name starts with an "S" and Tyler's last name starts with an "S".  Scary stuff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

You what's scary.....they both play HOCKEY!!!
    They also both have Y's in their names as well.
    Pre-season comparisons are as about as dead on as Ekland!!!
    Lets wait and be excited of what could be and not about the next Stevie Y.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Stevie Y was born in Canada .... same as Seguin.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Scary Similarities! Seguin & Yzerman.:
    [QUOTE]Steve Yzerman played 2 years of junior: Year 1-  58gp 21g 43a 64pts Year 2-  56gp 42g 49a 91pts Drafted 4th overall 1983. Tyler Sequin: Year 1-  61gp 21g 46a 67pts Year 2-  63gp 48g 58a 106pts Drafted 2nd overall 2010. Both played on similar junior teams, not great, but not bad. Here are Yzerman's first 2 NHL season totals: First:      80gp 39g 48a 87pts Second:  80gp 30g 59a 89pts Could history repeat itself 27 years later? I think the chances are good.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

80s was a different era with so many 50 (60) goal scorers and 100point + .
    I would not look at his point totals right away and compare.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think If you want to call this kid the next steve yzerman, you have to set the expectations high.. the 83'-84 season yzerman scored 87.. 2nd in scoring was 126 (I am going to throw gretzkys numbers away so this argument can be sane)   this year was 112pts.. so to have that kind of impact you would really need a 75-80 point season, not unheard of for a rookie..

Do I expect that no, but I think any Yzerman comparisions are premature, but if your going to make that, saying 50-60 points is acceptable isn't realistic...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Yzerman's first name starts with an "S" and Tyler's last name starts with an "S".  Scary stuff.

Here I am talking numbers and everyone is talking alphabets and coffee.

So, I'll play along: More scary stuff.....both their last names end with "N". And each one has an "E".