Screaming and Booing Thru the National Anthem

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Re: Screaming and Booing Thru the National Anthem

Thanks wally, I can co-exist with anyone who hates the Habs (you), that is for sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Seriously, these people are sub-human.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Thank you Wally, I love and respect Canada, but Montreal is giving them a bad name.  Thanks for hating the Habs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

I thought it was telling.  It's exactly what I would expect.  In the Garden, they sang along with the Canadian anthem, in Montreal they make a-sses of themselves.  What's even funnier, is that the only cheering you heard was when the crowd thought the B's took a penalty, and then booed when they realized they don't know anything about the rules to the game.

Stay classy Montreal!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Montrealers are classless and they proved it again tonight. Good on the Bruins fans for not stooping so low as too boo the Canadian anthem. Only in Montreal would this happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Canadians are cool !  Hab fans are classless .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Wally, the thing is, this isn't the first time this has happened. It happens every year. But the sad part is, that with 4 minutes left in a 3-2 game that is a MUST WIN in the supposed "best hockey town", the boos were raining down like it was hurricane katrina.  4 MINUTES LEFT! that is an eternity in hockey. I mean, BU scored 2 goals with 1 minute left in the national championship game.  It wasn't like they had played that poorly or were being blown out to deserve boos when the game was on the line. They are a 8 seed against a 1, and the fans just come across as super selfish for just wanting their players to win so they can bad-mouth U.S. teams for being less-"elite" than they are.

But it doesn't just happen in montreal. Much of this is the nature of being a fan, and I understand that. Its just a shame that it has become acceptable and the only people that can put a stop to it, the media, act like it didn't even happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I thought it was telling.  It's exactly what I would expect.  In the Garden, they sang along with the Canadian anthem, in Montreal they make a-sses of themselves.  What's even funnier, is that the only cheering you heard was when the crowd thought the B's took a penalty, and then booed when they realized they don't know anything about the rules to the game. Stay classy Montreal!
    Posted by elosias

Dude you're 100% right, but you left out the part about how they boo'ed their own team.

In their defense, however, I have to admit that Montreal's powerplay is the worst I have ever seen. When I saw the first one, I laughed pretty hard and any lingering doubts about victory tonight were completely annihilated.

Told ya they'd win!

A very, very happy fan.

ps. Won't even bother to look at those habs-fan-posted discussions in response to my mtl thread. What I wanna know is, why are they even here? Get off our site!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Embarrasing. as a Leaf fan with nothing much to cheer for well since 1993, the Habs fans once again are a black eye for that city and Canada. Sorry Bruins fans. Screaming and Booing during the USA National Anthem is sickening. I am done trolling the Bruins. Best of luck the rest of the way Bruins fans. And sweep these Habs.
    Posted by wallyisdead

Thanks for this. I am embarrassed to be a Montrealer tonight (but luckily, we're not all spineless). And I think this confirms what I've argued before on these boards about lack of class.

- Really, really disgusted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonCherry. Show DonCherry's posts

these idiots deserve to be shot and set on fire. Thank f u c k they'll get swept wednesday and will probably end up doing it themselves to end their suffering.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

What I wanna know is, why are they even here? Get off our site!
    Posted by BruinsUnite

Report abuse ! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Wally, the thing is, this isn't the first time this has happened. It happens every year. But the sad part is, that with 4 minutes left in a 3-2 game that is a MUST WIN in the supposed "best hockey town", the boos were raining down like it was hurricane katrina.  4 MINUTES LEFT! that is an eternity in hockey. I mean, BU scored 2 goals with 1 minute left in the national championship game.  It wasn't like they had played that poorly or were being blown out to deserve boos when the game was on the line. They are a 8 seed against a 1, and the fans just come across as super selfish for just wanting their players to win so they can bad-mouth U.S. teams for being less-"elite" than they are. But it doesn't just happen in montreal. Much of this is the nature of being a fan, and I understand that. Its just a shame that it has become acceptable and the only people that can put a stop to it, the media, act like it didn't even happen.
    Posted by Olsonic

Apparently you understand hockey.

My bro & his wife were at the game texting me, and apparently, they'd boo or cheer at just about anything. It's quite freakish. Maybe it's the strong beer. Maybe it's that they want to make the most of their buck, having purchased the highest priced tickets in the NHL.

I'm ashamed of this city on so many levels, but I'm here to talk hockey, and let me just say a couple of things.

• Do NOT remove your goalie on the Bs because they will score 9 times out of 10.
    • Chucky rules.
    • Cam rocks (he hit 2 of the execs sitting next to him after Chucky's goal and that in itself makes watching the game worth my while :) )
    • Kessel flies and I love him, whether or not he scores.
    • Wheeler will be good one day but he is useless, at present.
    • Byron the man saved us from a goal at one point and was impressive on the hits.
    • Savvy messed up a couple of times but we still love him because he is Savvy, and he will be the one to be the hardest on himself.
    • Chara is so freakin valuable.
    • habs didn't need to BE humiliated because they humiliated themselves.
    • Thomas can be thrown off by the noise (to his own admission) but hopefully he will grow some thicker skin during this series and perform at his lelvel with the B's next opponents.
    • Bruins in 4.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

these idiots deserve to be shot and set on fire. Thank f u c k they'll get swept wednesday and will probably end up doing it themselves to end their suffering.
    Posted by DonCherry

Dude, you're funny. Just wanted to say though that a small part of me hopes Bs will lose next game just so that I can see them massacre the habs at home.. just once more time!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Apparently you understand hockey. My bro & his wife were at the game texting me, and apparently, they'd boo or cheer at just about anything. Posted by BruinsUnite

Your brother and sister-in-law Bruin fans ? and the kids ?
    From Montreal ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcl77. Show mcl77's posts

This happens every year. Its never bothered me. I dont know why this upsets so many people.  The Blues fans boo-ed the sh*t out of the Canadian Anthem on sunday nite.  It happens both ways- I think it adds to the series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymac. Show hockeymac's posts

WOW it's bad enough they boooooooed our National Anthem, but I kinda feel sorry for the Canadians (players) it would s-ck to have your fans boooooooooooo you off and on throughout the game, especially with four minutes left and your trying to survive.  OH well all good for the Bruins.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinisterg. Show sinisterg's posts

Habs in 8!

...oh, wait...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Not that I like Higgins a whole lot, buuuuut, via TSN:

The same crowd had booed the U.S anthem before the game, which didn't sit well with Higgins, a New York area native

"I don't really understand it," said Higgins. "You can chant through it, but the booing thing, it's not really needed. What are they booing -- the U.S. or that Boston's from the U.S.? Either way, it doesn't make sense."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriote. Show Patriote's posts

Great comment Olsonic .  I'm should never boo the Us anthem (Canada either) .  Cause i do not want to make sparks (but i partially excuse the booing) .  Without generalizing, i think those who boos Anthems (except for some idiots who do not even know why they do it) want to yell their discord .  Like male, female and children from all the world walking in streets with "no war in Irak" notices or in Argentine hit on saucepan in front of the parlement to show their desapprovement about their government . (I got real problem with verb tenses) .   Booing anthems in hockey game is not bright(unconstructive) i surely agree .  I think maybe if i was born in USA i should have the same opinion cause i prefer a social-democratic system than neo-liberal .  Maybe i should boo the Us anthem even more as an American than Canadian  Do not want to shock you . Was just extrapolation (cause i do not know how is to live in USA).  I feel sorry for those who take it personnally .  I think there is no one booers who is booing on American people (except for some idiots) . Anyway the thing who is shocking me is the booing at the end of the game .  I do not know if they booed game result or Habs effort .  But if they booed the effort brought they should all stays at home .  I think Habs give all they got . First time i see all habs players shows that appetite in last couple of years .  It was not enough to win but they finally play hockey .  I liked the way Bergeron acts in this game , focus on hockey .  Impressed by Bitz i never heard about who played a great game .  That just no matches between these two teams this year .   And as i see your prospects and your couple last draft choices .  Your on a good way to have 3 or 4 pretty good year ahead .  By the way, is the Bruins has interest on Komisarek : 1 fatal giveaway every 2 shift and no checks taken .  Trade in our section anytimes .  Salutations .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Cam rocks (he hit 2 of the execs sitting next to him after Chucky's goal and that in itself makes watching the game worth my while :) )
    Posted by BruinsUnite

Seeing Cam Neely knock Chiarelli out of his chair after a bruins goal is one of the things i live for. Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

As a Canadian please forgive us for the fans in Montreal. These low lifes don't reflect the majority of Canadians. Just like I don't think that the views of Michael Holley from WEEI reflect all of your opinions when he said " there lucky we let them live in Piece" talking about Canada. That is one arrogant opinion.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I doubt Michael Holley has been inside a hockey rink in his entire life.

Sections
Shortcuts