Scum Ovechkin sprays little hab fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheelhouse46. Show Wheelhouse46's posts

Scum Ovechkin sprays little hab fan

When i first saw this i thought it was kinda funny... But after i thought about it for a little bit and watched it a couple more times... Who does that? Its a a s shole move on Ov's part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEajRuKGm5Q

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Re: Scum Ovechkin sprays little hab fan

I'm not going to watch it but anyone who does stuff to Canadien fans is okay in my book. Especially after Canadien fans booed are national anthem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Nothing wrong with that they are making a big story with that in Montreal ....Ovi does that every single game of the year but this team the kid was put there intentionally by the Mtl Cdns....so Ovi just did his routine and braked in front of the kid...give me a break ,,,what wrong ?????????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

NBD IMO. One, the Kid was probably thrilled. Two, It looks like Ovi is leaning out from the bench about to talk to him afterward. Three, If I am starting a team from scratch I take Ovi first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

what else can you expect from that scumb@g. He throws cheap shots left and right, he never fights, whether you want to admit it or not, he is a DIRTY player. Can't say im surprised. Oh and by the way, if I start a team from scratch, im not taking ovechkin first, i might not even take him at all. 

He is talented, but he will not win a cup anytime soon, not a team player

go ahead criticize me all you want I dont care

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

WAAH -- Too bad he didn't check the little rodent onto the boards. Tough words from hab fans when you have a goalie who:

1) Shoots the puck at a group of Caps who just scored on him

2) Hacks at a Caps player who just scored an empty netter while on his bench for the extra attacker.

Too bad Price won't be in the net Friday -- He needs to be freight trained.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Mountain meets mole hill. But Ovi sure likes to push the envelope though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

For me, an adult who assaults a child, or who think that is correct assaulting a child is a confirmed as..ole. and should consult....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

In Response to Re: Scum Ovechkin sprays little hab fan:
    Oh and by the way, if I start a team from scratch, im not taking ovechkin first, i might not even take him at all.  Posted by mikehawkislong69

Apologies mikehawkislong69. I stand corrected. I meant to say: "If I were to start a team from scratch, I'd take 18 piccolo players in figure skates."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

For me, an adult who assaults a child, or who think that is correct assaulting a child is a confirmed as..ole. and should consult....
    Posted by BlueChip99

I have not seen a reply yet condoning assualt on a child. I have seen a childish reply implying fellow posters are A**holes, though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

In Response to Re: Scum Ovechkin sprays little hab fan : Apologies mikehawkislong69. I stand corrected. I meant to say: "If I were to start a team from scratch, I'd take 18 piccolo players in figure skates."
    Posted by SteveM

Oh yea because every team that has success has ovechkin. You dont win cups with guys like ovechkin. Sorry that if I were to start a team my first pick wouldnt be a selfish cheap shot artist. My apologies

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JonnyRippit. Show JonnyRippit's posts

the kid seems indifferent to it and yes he's probably just happy to be out there but it's still a D I C K move in my book.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

hey, he didn't spray snow into the kid's face.

Second, the Habs have ceremony after ceremony after ceremony, I can see why visiting players would get a little crazy after all the hoopla every freakin game.

get familiar with the Habs and other Canadian teams...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zd5jTtzWx8&feature=player_embedded

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

something espn can talk about that can pose as hockey coverage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JonnyRippit. Show JonnyRippit's posts

hey, he didn't spray snow into the kid's face. Second, the Habs have ceremony after ceremony after ceremony, I can see why visiting players would get a little crazy after all the hoopla every freakin game. get familiar with the Habs and other Canadian teams... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zd5jTtzWx8&feature=player_embedded
    Posted by BadHabitude

First of all that video is freakin hilarious!!! seriously thank you for posting that. Second, I'm as big a Habs hater as anyone but it is within their right to have  as many ceremonies as they want.  Do I get to act like a F@#K at work because I have to go to meeting after meeting after meeting? No.  Just like me NHLers are supposed to be professionals...OV should act like one. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I thought it was funny. So the kid got ice on his legs, stop acting like he got it all in the kid's face. He had a uniform on, he was dry. He didn't cry, why are you?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

none of you guys are running a NHL franchise its ridiculous to even talk about who would start their team with who... and if you think Ovie is a cheap shot artist and no one like that wins Cups, their have been plenty of dirty players who win cups... the NHL players voted Chris Pronger the dirtiest player in the NHL and he won a Cup recently with Anaheim.... Ovie is not dirty, i would say hes more reckless and sometimes doesnt realize his surroundings because hes going 1000 mph, and people think thats dirty...but if anything hes just going to hurt himself eventually....and hes come very close to doing that...yah he hurt Brian Campbell earlier, but he wasnt trying to, its just part of his reckless play he gets into sometimes... that Olympic hit on Jagr was a perfectly executed hit...was nothing dirty about it...if Ovie was on the Bruins none of you would be saying hes dirty...
    Posted by morphosis1974

I dont think he wont win a cup because hes dirty, I think he wont win a cup because he is selfish and not that much of a team player. Thats just my opinion.
    Everytime the puck is in the caps d zone, I see ovechkin at or very near the blue line not giving everything on defense.

Also,this is my opinion, he leaves his feet on a lot of his checks. That makes him a dirty player.

Caps are lucky to be playing 2 fragile goalies in halak/price. If boucher can play like he did against nj, and with pronger continuing to be the force he is, I will not be suprised one bit if philly takes out the caps in 6 games

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

he could've used the other door

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Anyway, Ovie has not killed anyone, at least until now. But again, he lost the esteem of several others persons with his reckless behavior.

Mainly in people who do not follow hockey regulary and who will see these images. Personally, he confirms what I have always thought of him. A great athlete with a too small brain.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

hey, he didn't spray snow into the kid's face. Second, the Habs have ceremony after ceremony after ceremony, I can see why visiting players would get a little crazy after all the hoopla every freakin game. get familiar with the Habs and other Canadian teams... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zd5jTtzWx8&feature=player_embedded
    Posted by BadHabitude

I think BadBah is right.  Way too many ceremonies in Hab-land and it gets annoying.
    I think they should do that stuff 'BEFORE' the official start of the game (maybe 30 minutes before) or during intermissions and not subject the opposing team to have to sit thru it.

I can't imagine opposing players would want to stand around before the game to sit thru this stuff especially in the playoffs.

I know Ovey gets a lot of criticism on his play.  He might be border-line dirty, but I really think it's more reckless then intentional.  He skates so fast and he's so physically strong, everything is split-second reaction with this guy.

I don't buy that he's NOT a team player.  If you were his coach, wouldn't you want Ovey to have a me-first approach to offense. He's probably the best 1-on-1 guy on the planet and has a laser for a shot.

Having said all that, I have been really impressed with Crosby and I'm changing my opinion on who I'd rather have if you had the luxury to pick 1 of the 2. 

The one stat that stands out though, at least in the regular season, is the +/- numbers.  Ovey was +45 (2nd in the league) and Crosby was only +15 (46th in the league) although they had similiar number of points.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Couple more thoughts.  Thinking back to when I was that age 11 or so, I would have been so thrilled to suit up in my favorite NHL's team's uniform at a game... I would not have slept for days...  then - to have Ovie spray me?  Are you kidding?  I would be beyond ecstatic, it's the equivalent of REALLY being an NHL player - because you're being recognized not just as the kid waving the flag, but you've been noticed as a 'player' by Ovie.

Can you imagine the next day at school?  The kid must have been everyone's hero.  The kid stood his ground and didn't fall down or drop the flag - he "stood up" to Ovie - how many 9 10 11 year olds or whatever he is can say that??

If somehow they had me dress up in a Bruins uniform and Ovie sprayed me, I would tell him 'you do that again and I'll clock you' - and I couldn't say that with a straight face and if he laughed great, if he didn't laugh greater, if he slugged me - greatest of all!!!!

In that kid's mind - Ovie took him on, he must be thrilled to death.  I'll bet he's going to have that uniform in his closet when he's 47 years old.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I don't think this was an intentional dirty thing he did, but that doesn't mean I don't think he's a dirty player, I do. The comparison was always between him and Crosby, and I always figured I'd take him over Crosby because of his intensity, (and Crosby's a bit of a wuss) but the more I watch him, the more dirty stuff I see him doing. But as far as his "selfishness", I don't know whether that's a product of him or the Caps' system. That may just be the way he plays, where the Pens have Malkin and play more of a team oriented game than a star oriented game. Like the Caps are LeBron and the Cavs as opposed to Kobe with his team around him. I dunno, that's how it seems to me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Couple of quick thoughts on an 'incident' that isn't even up for discussion if it didn't happen in Mtl.

Kid takes a pole and waves it into the path of an on-rushing Ovechkin.  What should the league do if that pole, through some fluke, hits Ovechkin under the visor, in the throat, or in the ribs? Granted the other end would have to get braced by more than an 8yr old, but the boards are right there.  The pole and flag are right in his face as he brakes.  Stupid to have these kids out there waving flags around while NHL players are cruising around at top speed getting ready for a playoff game.

As for Ovechkin playing high in the defensive zone - if you're the opposing D, are planning to pinch knowing that, if the puck gets by you, the deadliest scorer in the league is gone? Are you going to hold your position as long knowing that you'll never catch the guy on a stretch pass?  Gonna take your time to make a nice cross-ice feed knowing he's coming up the wall or across the line?  And if you're a forward, are you as comfortable throwing it back to the point knowing he's there looking to pick it off?  These are the practical elements of the old saw about a good offense being the best defense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

BadHab- your last post echoes what I was thinking of posting last night.  It certainly looked like a deucy thing to do, but I doubt Ovechkin did it out of spite and I was thinking the kid would be nuts happy about it.

And I would like to add that if he has that uniform in his closet at age 47, I bet it won't have been washed either.

Sections
Shortcuts