Season Ticket Holders: Read THIS and Weep

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Season Ticket Holders: Read THIS and Weep

Bruins are trying hard to catch  Stamkos/LeCavalier and the up and coming Tampa Bay Lightning.  Here's this year's Season Ticket Pricing Comparison:
                                                 Tampa       Boston                         
    Balcony End Row 1                   $13.63        $87.00

Balcony End rows 2-11              $13.63         $45.00

Center Loge                            $82.90         $137.00

Balcony Corners                       $13.63         $47

Balcony Sides                          $23.39         $55-$87

Loge End Non Attack                 $43.88         $86.00

Tampa benefits:

NO requirement to buy Pre Season: 41 games vs, Boston 43

Discount via Gift Card for Pay-in-Full

Guaranteed Game Day Giveaways

Seats to another St. Pete Times Event

Lightning Players Meet and Greet

Season Ticket Holder Skate Party at the Forum

Locker Room Tour

Private Client Services Lounge Access

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from neely888. Show neely888's posts

Re: Season Ticket Holders: Read THIS and Weep

Well go see the prices in Montreal my hometown... You will see Bruins fans are not to bad stolen after all..

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=53049

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolftears. Show wolftears's posts

Neely888 The Bruins have the second highest ticket and concession average in the NHL and all the games don't even sell out. Boston is the worst when it comes to price/product ratio

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neely888. Show neely888's posts

wolftears

I do not agree, it's in Montreal the worst price/product ratio.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolftears. Show wolftears's posts

How do you figure? It's called supply and demand. Montreal sells out every single game over 21,000

Boston can't even sell out 17,565 half the time!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You guys are all correct, the people who rant and rave that the Bruins sell out every game should read this.

JJ has stated publicly that they are more dependant on the ticket gate than any other sport.  You would think they would do more than have one bbq for their season ticket holders.

I have been to Bolts game.  I went to take training classes in Tampa and got free tickets in the section that had free food.  Price on the face of the ticket was $111.79, section 117 row c, balcony.  I saw the Habs, place was loaded with Habs fans.  I thought the food was going to be the hot dog hamburger crap, was I surprised.  They had EVERYTHING, Chinese food, pizza, beef brisket (which was incredible), Mexican food, free beer (just domestic, miller and miller lite I think - and no limit), this was 2 years ago this month. Shocked at limitless beer.

Is there anything like that in the Garden?

Overall, it was a SUPERIOR experience to going to Boston.  Parking was easier.  Driving out of Tampa was much easier than driving out of Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

I'm considering non renewal of my Bruins tickets and adopting the Lightning, especially since a 50-year Boston Hockey guy just bought the Lightning.

Here's my plan..take the money I would have spent on Bs season tickets..and for the SAME price get the same Tampa tickets and with savings Buy:

1.) 2 Airline Roundtrips to Tampa to watch 10 combined games.
    2.) Tickets to Disneyworld
    3.) Money used to watch ALL the games on my Plasma TV with purchase of NHL Center Ice Package

And I'd have 31 games to re-sell even at Facee Value which would be money in my pocket..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolftears. Show wolftears's posts

And they still won the Cup... unbelievable

Whats even more upsetting is the Bruins through in Andreychuk as salary dump with Ray Bourque to Colorado and then he Captains a team to a freaking Stanley Cup!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

A team thats won the Cup this decade...a team that has an exciting young corps of players led by Stamkos...a team ahead of the Bruins in standings....a facility thats far more accessible than the Garden...a climate thats far better....concessions much cheaper....beer thats twice the size and half the price....and ticket prices that are a small fraction of the Bs.

Gee....I wonder...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

dogwhacker

When I went there, I got there late, about halfway thru the first period.  2 years ago mind you.  Scalpers were out front with stacks of tix.  The only people who know hockey there are the transplants and the Habs fans who followed them to FLA.

I think your idea would work, but selling the tickets you don't use - I would not count on that. 

It is still a good idea.  I could get the wife to buy into it, too, since we could tie it together with some time in the sun.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Bad,
    I was there last season and the Beers were HUGE (the size of 3 garden beers) and I think like $4.50.    And everyone treated me with courtesy and class even wearing a Bs shirt.  Things like "welcome to Tampa...good luck to your team...hope you have a great time".

Not exactly the way we greet our visitors.  If you visit the Garden and don't get peed on, its a good day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

dogwhacker

true that, I actually feel scared for the guys wearing those away jersies in the men's room.

I have always considered myself more of a hockey fan than a Bruins fan, so I wouldn't care who I got the see the Bolts, or Panthers, or Thrashers play.  So long as its warm in the host city, it might be a decent mini-vacation or 2 or 3.

Anybody else know what its like in other rinks?

Oh yah, with the profit sharing going on the the NHL, JJ already had this one figured out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Guys, I went to toronto and paid $250 to see a bad team in the middle of the arena.

Boston is cheap comparatively.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Can't speak for Wolf, but at the price I locked into for this year and the team's performance in 2008/2009 and 2007/2008 the price/product ratio was quite acceptable for me.   Plus, since I wear the right Jersey my risk of being peed on is extremely low.

Combine THIS performance with NEW prices and the price/product ratio is TOTALLY unacceptable.

Wolf, what do you think?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

DanteFratto

No, JJ isn't putting a gun to anyone's head, but he is holding the team hostage.

Complaints about the experience of going to a Bruins game are quite legit.

True, in places where demand far exceeds the supply, TO and MO - I would expect it.

People want to be treated with respect and do not want to feel taken advantage of.  Getting tickets in any event in TO and MO is difficult, so you feel lucky to just get in the door.

So what do you expect to have happen when the team is not doing well, it's a royal pain to get in and out of there, the consessions are expensive and not of the best quality and the venue isn't all that great?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Dante, looking at your posts I suspect that deep down you agree with us.

You're in denial, conflicted.  I know how you feel.    You, like the rest of us, love hockey and know we'll put up with a lot of BS so long as the price is reasonable.

I predict you don't renew. We'll see....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

DanteFratto
    Who's not getting it? 

I would not have the opportunity to complain if I had not bought a ticket in the first place.

I'm not going to any more games this year, you said it as if it would be a revelation to me.

Next year, the year after - even if they start doing well, the venue etc. is such a hassle and/or expensive I will be going less often.  Instead, I'll substitute quality for quantity, maybe buy better seats once instead of 5 games in the balcony.  Certainly going to another city is a reasonable option rather than spending the money I would have for the other 4 Bruins games.

So, back to my queston, Anyone have any experience with the weather and venue in the southern nhl teams?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

It is amazing how few of you have any understanding of basic business principals.   Didn't you learn about supply and demand back in HS?  The higher the demand for tickets, the more JJ can and will charge for tickets. 

As far as concessions, you seem to forget that the B's are not the only team playing there.  What...did you think they change the prices for the Celtics, or when Britney is singing there?

As far as pricing, the Garden is priced comparable to other venues throughout the area; jut look at Fenway, the price of a beer is $.50 more than at the garden. JJ does not base the concession prices based on other NHL venues.  If you visit any Sportservice concession (owned by JJ), whether it is in Buffalo, Detroit or St. Louis you will see that the concessions are not priced the same as Boston, but are priced to match the area. 

So, quit complaining about the prices.  If you don't like the product, or you can't afford it, then don't buy it.  It is that simple.  If enough of you feel that way, then  eventually the prices will have to come down.  That is how supply and demand works.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolftears. Show wolftears's posts

dgb You cannot compare The Red Sox, Celtics, or Patriots with the freaking Bruins. All have won championships with new ownership and the Bruins haven't won a second round series in 17 years! Think about that.

Jacobs also owns the concessions for every event in the Garden. Of course he is not going to change prices for the Celtics and conerts LMFAO! He gets every cent of that and he charges rent to the Celtics and made them pay half the bill for the new HD scoreboard

dante you are 100% right, and as such I am not renewing next season. I have been made a fool of for the last time. I don't beleive one iota in Peter Chiarelli as a GM.

Until ownership gets serious and puts some proven NHL management and coaching in here that has a track record of success at the NHL level I am not sinking my hard earned money into this Titanic of an organization.

I will still follow them and watch every game but Jacobs is not getting another cent from me!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Dante- you are way off.  The owner is not holding a gun to our heads, but our love for the game/team is pushing us back.  We are the loyal fans, the die hards who stand by the team when times are bad.

It is tough to accept the spiral when ownership is squeezing all they can out of us.  I want to keep going to games just like my parents did and I want to bring my children to games just like I was brought to the Garden as a child.  The cost is going up while the talent is going down.

I agreed to season tickets for the first time this year expecting so much more and being promised by B's management and ownership(at the state of the Bruins) a team that would compete for the Cup THIS year.  I paid a LOT of $$ for my tix and i've been very disappointed.  I agreed to pay a lot of $$ with the expectation of quality hockey.  I have not seen much good hockey this season.  I am most likely going to DECLINE my renewal given the current state of affairs.  I don't want to pay for what is being offered to fans right now:  no scoring, losses, and high concessions.  I'll pay the concessions if the games are exciting/competitive but they haven't been.

It will be VERY interesting to see what the ownership does with ticket prices for next season.  Season tickets were something I wanted my entire life and this year I went for them.  I'm not crazy about ownership, but my love for the team is strong and my love for the sport is unquestionable.  So just keep in mind Dante, that ownership doesn't force us into the arena, we are just following our hearts...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Stinger, outstanding post.  You're a good, honest fan and are entitled to a better product and value proposition.  The Bruins should do everything in their power to retain you. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from julienrules. Show julienrules's posts

Bad, re: your question about other Southern teams.

Carolina is the best (also the LEAST south I guess, too).  On big weekend nights its the loudest facility in the NHL and there are a lot of Northerners who've moved there FOR WORK (i.e.--not retired snowbirds, real working age fans).  And the Stanley Cup didn't hurt.  Of course if there's a big College Hoops game that night the place is empty.  And they're drawing crap this year.

Tampa has a lot more real fans than you'd think. A LOT of retirees from the Midwest, especially Red Wings fans and an exclectic mix of northerners and midwesterners who moved there for work/cheap living/climate.  Fans have definitely lost interest with the poorer play by team in recent years and ownership instability and changes.

Atlanta is kind of a joke.  Team has been poorly managed and the crowds are awful.  There is actually a large poster with the RULES OF THE GAME that greets you at the entrance.  That tells you all you need to know.

Haven't been to the Panthers in Florida but have been told its a lot of Northeastern retirees and people just looking for something to do.  My sense is its people just looking to watch Hockey and who cares its the Panthers.

The weather in all these places is really nice in Winter.  Atlanta and Carolina can get some nasty ice storms and its generally comfortable but not warm in winter. FLA is great November through April.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

julienrules

Thanks!

I don't care about the crowd, the venue and the weather are tied for first place.

Anybody know what its like in Phoenix or Miami?

Come to think of it, I might also be able to talk the wife into a weekend getaway to another rink near by.  I'm thinking about jersey, is there somewhere decent to go near that rink?  Somehow, I don't think there is.  I've been to the rink in Philadelphia, it was a dump.  That was like 2002 - did they build a new rink?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

I saw the Thrashers in Atlanta once....stupid me, being from Boston at the time I bought in advance. When I asked a security guy where the will-call window was he offered me free tickets....du-oh!

San Jose ticket prices are about the same as Bostons...been to a few games there, they almost always sell out, at least when I'm in the area....oh yea, and San Jose is also a good hockey team, at least in regular season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from julienrules. Show julienrules's posts

Miami (Florida Panthers) is absolutely perfect in the Winter...day time highs 75-80 and the humidity eases off after Thanksgiving.

Phoenix is perfect in the 70s in winter....obviously no humidity year round.

Tampa is perfect in November, Mid-February through April....often just 60s in January and early February.

Carolina is 50s for much of winter.

best bets all season IMO are Miami and Phoenix.