Season tix price HUGE increase?? Did they sneak this in under the Winter Classic sideshow?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Season tix price HUGE increase?? Did they sneak this in under the Winter Classic sideshow?

Season Tix holders,

This is my section and last years price: Copied from Bruins website.
    Loge 15-20 – Rows 16-21$55$70.50$2,365

Here is what is up as of today for the same seats for next year:
    Loge 15-20 – Rows 16 & Up                   $86                                    $3,698

Is this true? If so, there is going to be a HUGE issue regarding the Bruins in the next few days.

From $2365 to $3698 for next year???? Are you kiddin' me? Thats a 26% increase!!

Somebody tell me this is not true and a mistake on the website.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from negler41. Show negler41's posts

Re: Season tix price HUGE increase?? Did they sneak this in under the Winter Classic sideshow?

Guessing they're doing that to the people who haven't already committed for next season.  (ie, new season ticket holders only).  They'll get a lot of people trying to buy season tix now that they will be guaranteed Winter Classic seats. 

I can't imagine they would up the price on renewals, given that they have already started charging us for next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3573084. Show user_3573084's posts

Re: Season tix price HUGE increase?? Did they sneak this in under the Winter Classic sideshow?

ahh, i know! my dad was planning on buying season tix, but then called and found out the increase was HUGEEEE. even i told him it wasnt worth it if thats what they are going for.

balcony seats are now at minimum... 30 dollars to a maximum of like 60-80 dollars(i could be totally wrong, but i think its somewhere in that vicinity haha)

its absolutely ridiculous!

all i have to say is, FXCK YOU JEREMY JACOBS.

you all know its him, he wants his money. so dont crucify me here, haha. im not looking to start a huge argument; its just my opinion :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3573084. Show user_3573084's posts

by the way! i didnt know they finally put up the prices for the 09-10 season for season tix... im surprised actually. those prices have been "official" for a while now, i wonder why they are just putting them on the website...

also, quick question! i know the winter classic tix are guaranteed for season ticket holders, but anyone know anything about tickets for the general public? i know they wont release ticket info for a while, i was just unsure if anyone has read anything anywhere else

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

I made a mathmatically mistake!

From $2365 to $3698 for next year???? Are you kiddin' me? Thats a 26% increase!!

Its not 26% its 36%!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

What do you expect? Honestly?

The team had a very short wave of success in the early part of the decade, but could never amount to anything once the playoffs hit. Then, after the lockout, they were a bottom of the barrel team. Finally, the team is showing flashes of being good for at least 3-4 years.

Why wouldn't they jack up the season ticket price? As a business owner he'd be crazy not to. The Red Sox and Patriots are consistantly playing at such a high level so people aren't as excited as when the Celtics and Bruins suddenly start doing well.

Its new and exciting and everyone wants a piece of it.

Am I pissed? Absolutely. I wanted to get season tickets with my brother and my friend, but I can't afford them now.

Oh well, I'll enjoy hockey on my HDTV and some beers for less then 3K after food, drinks and train tickets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Here's a revelation:

Season tickets are going up everywhere, unless you're the Phoenix Coyotes or LA Clippers. Can you really expect the winning sports hotbed of Boston to be immune?

If you don't pay for them, some other guy will so that his wife will have somewhere to wear her pink Bruins hat and foam bear finger. 

Season tickets are for the disposable income set, especially in this economy. You rich? I'm not. I'll take in one game a year if I'm lucky and watch the rest on NESN in my underwear if I want to, drinking all the cheap beer I want and cursing Jack Edwards.

If you can afford to drop thousands of dollars on hockey games a year, you can probably afford another thousand if you really wanted to. I live paycheck to paycheck; season tickets are completely out of the realm of my possibility. So consider yourself blessed to be in the position to hand Delaware North all your disposable hockey cash. But don't be shocked when J.J. tries to squeeze a few more bucks out of you. Season ticket holders are ripe for the picking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

I'm a season tix holder and my tix did not go up at all. I locked in last year. This is another person who hates to see someone with money make even more. Funny the Pats and Sox up their prices every year with little fanfare. Yeah I know they "have won the big one", but all those union workers in the garden still get their raises and upgrades to the place still cost more even with out the team winning it all. It's realy sad so many of you out there hate it when someone with money won't give it up for your enjoyment. So many of you say, "oh spend a million more on a player" like it's no big deal. Those of you who think like that spend a twenty in a bar and think it's the same.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcolez. Show gcolez's posts

Raising ticket prices is one thing but raising them 36% is quite another!

This is just another Jacobs move aimed at exploiting his fanbase.

This team FINALLY made it to the promised land (second round) which is a huge success for the Jacobs family and now they are going to make you pay for it

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

YA, IT THE UNIONS FAULT THAT JACOBS HAS BEEN HOSING THE BRUINS FANS FOR THIRTY SOMETHING YEARS RIGHT ???  PROBABLY SPOKEN FROM A HALF WIT WITH A DEGREE IN MANAGEMENT FROM HARVARD....  LET ME TELL YOU SON , LOOKING AT THE WAY THE COUNTRY IS FISCALLY MANAGED.. A HARVARD DEGREE IS JUST NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE !!!!!!  BUT THE JACOBS ARE STILL  PARASITES.................

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

In Response to Re: Season tix price HUGE increase?? Did they sneak this in under the Winter Classic sideshow?:
    Here's a revelation: Season tickets are going up everywhere, unless you're the Phoenix Coyotes or LA Clippers. Can you really expect the winning sports hotbed of Boston to be immune? If you don't pay for them, some other guy will so that his wife will have somewhere to wear her pink Bruins hat and foam bear finger.  Season tickets are for the disposable income set, especially in this economy. You rich? I'm not. I'll take in one game a year if I'm lucky and watch the rest on NESN in my underwear if I want to, drinking all the cheap beer I want and cursing Jack Edwards. If you can afford to drop thousands of dollars on hockey games a year, you can probably afford another thousand if you really wanted to. I live paycheck to paycheck; season tickets are completely out of the realm of my possibility. So consider yourself blessed to be in the position to hand Delaware North all your disposable hockey cash. But don't be shocked when J.J. tries to squeeze a few more bucks out of you. Season ticket holders are ripe for the picking.
    Posted by Skaswatch

Kudos to you. You nailed it, well said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

People who already renewed have NO increase in prices.

But make no mistake: THIS EVENT is ushering in HIGHER PRICES for 2010/2011 and beyond.

My tickets went up 70%!! (for people who buy NOW)

MANY FANS WILL BE PRICED OUT OF THE BRUINS EXPERIENCE THE SEASON AFTER THIS UPCOMING ONE.

Enjoy this year because you'll need a 2nd mortgage to renew in 2010/2011.

This will be the most expensive event of all time for Bruins Season Ticket Holders. You'll be paying  $thousands more for years.

Winter Classic was the CATALYST the Bruins needed to bring prices up to a higher level. Hey, its Business.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

In Response to Re: Season tix price HUGE increase?? Did they sneak this in under the Winter Classic sideshow?:
    I made a mathmatically mistake! From $2365 to $3698 for next year???? Are you kiddin' me? Thats a 26% increase!! Its not 26% its 36%!!!
    Posted by bluefox70

If the base is $2365 and the increase is $1333 (i.e., 3698-2365) then isn't the increase 56% (i.e., 1333/2365)?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Am I the only one who doesn't mind watching the game on TV with beers in hand, rather than buying 5-6 dollar beers at the gahhhhhhhhden?

Don't get me wrong, I love going to games, but sometimes I just don't have the time or energy to travel into Boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Count me as officially hating the Winter Classic coming here.

Nice event. But I wish it went somewhere else.

Bruins Season Ticket Holders will be paying  huge, COMPOUNDED Ticket increases for several years thanks to this event.

And what do we get for this?

the "right" to pay at least $250/seat to watch hockey outdoors in 20 degree weather for a regular season game against a team from another division.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Sask and Pez have it right - watch at home on NESN drinking High Life and cursing out Edwards (love that line) - god he is the worst announcer - I actually cringe when watching NHL Network and they have a replay with him on it, its embarassing.
    Take in 1-2 games a season live and enjoy the rest on the couch-have fun with the wife in between periods- and lets get the season started already - baseball puts me to sleep!.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhsreddevil12. Show bhsreddevil12's posts

I locked in balcony season tix  some months ago in a better position than bluefox's seats.. Im guessing that this is a move to counter the WC bc mgt knows the resale value could be astronomical.. Friends who know I have tix have already offered to buy the classic game tickets i get (it might be cold in boston on the    1st but not cold enough for hell to freeze over.

I think this is what everyone would do in JJ's position.. does Nike/BMW/Mercedes- Benz charge low prices because consumers want them to? no... now that the mickie mouse show at the garden has been replaced by a solid team over the past few years the demand for tix has increased which means the price bar needs to be raised

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mglmsrso. Show mglmsrso's posts

Raising ticket prices is one thing but raising them 36% is quite another! This is just another Jacobs move aimed at exploiting his fanbase. This team FINALLY made it to the promised land (second round) which is a huge success for the Jacobs family and now they are going to make you pay for it
    Posted by gcolez

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MayorMcCheeseJr. Show MayorMcCheeseJr's posts

Raising ticket prices is one thing but raising them 36% is quite another! This is just another Jacobs move aimed at exploiting his fanbase. This team FINALLY made it to the promised land (second round) which is a huge success for the Jacobs family and now they are going to make you pay for it
    Posted by gcolez

unfortunately you are spot on governer

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MayorMcCheeseJr. Show MayorMcCheeseJr's posts

Enjoy the 2.5 hours because it is costing the fans thousands and that is going right into JJ's Vault

Sections
Shortcuts