See you later Phil...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mglsmrso. Show mglsmrso's posts

See you later Phil...

If it's true that Phil Kessel will no longer negotiate with the Bruins and will go out and sign an offer sheet, I say more power to him.  The kid's got some heart, coming back from cancer and then mono last year.  After watching almost every Bruins game last year, it was pretty clear that he's like the old Randy Moss; he takes plays off every now and then.  He's got talent, but he needs Marc Savard's heart and Tim Thomas' passion for the game.  If another team signs him to an offer sheet that will bring the Bruins a 1st, 2d and 3d round pick, I say let him go.  They'll end up with 2 1st round picks next year; they can package them and move up in the draft or trade one of them for another forward.  The Bruins need to find a way to keep Savvy after this season.  Letting Kess go will allow them some financial room they don't have to commit to right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

Re: See you later Phil...

As much as it pains me to say that I agree, I do.  There's other fish in the sea cliche comes to mind here...There line-up is still solid without him even though it would have been nice to have him.  I still can't wait for this to play out though so that we could get some closure...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

Yeah, I just want this whole ordeal to be over with.  As a fan, I'm just tired of the drama.  Give us our picks and get it done!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Don't let the door hit u in the *** kessel, thanx for the goals, but give me a break. We would have a mini Heatly on our case here. I would understand if in the end things didn't work out and he was signed or moved somewhere else. But to come out publicly and say that he doesn't want to play here??  lets see how many goals he gets in TO with Grabovski as centre. HAHAHA good luck buddy. He may be worth all the money he wants one day but not yet. 1 good season doesn't mean anything. Jason Blake anybody??? When next year comes around and were able to keep savard and looooooooooch, we will all be thankfull hes gone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

See what Atlanta or the Islanders will pay him. Get him signed and trade him for a player/prospect and a pick. Let him go from a contender to a pretender.

This is the big difference here in MI. Most Wings players are willing to take less than market value to remain with Detroit.

Bye-bye Phil.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Is it just me or is saying "I won't negotiate with the Bruins - I'll wait for an offer sheet" a form of negotiating?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Teams with Cap room, ($4.5M minimum)

Atlanta ($14.3M)
    Buffalo ($8.4M)
    Columbus ($12.3M)
    Dallas ($10.5M)
    Florida ($8.4M)
    L.A. ($8.5M)
    Nashville ($16.3M)
    N.J. ($6.2M)
    N.Y.I. ($20.4M)
    N.Y.R. ($7.7M)
    Phoenix ($19.4M)
    St. Louis ($10.8M)
    Tampa Bay ($8.1M)
    Toronto ($6.0M)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Phil is again reminding us why he is not worth 4.5 - 5 mil. Listen to Savy's comments the other day about wanting to be in Boston. We should continue to pay guys like Savy to stay and say P*ss off to the rest. C-YA Kess let's see how your career goes without Savy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bye Bye Phil! That was a big mistake on his part to put that out there. Sayonara! I can't blame him for seeking a big contract though! Life is short and so can an NHL career.

I'll bet you Kessels agent coached him on that one. Well at least we know he's gone now no more drama. Where just gonna get picks now. The look on JJs face when he reads, hears about or is told this directly what passive/aggressive Phil said!? Just to watch the devil himself screaming out, like ol Betty Davis in an old horror flick, down the corridors of Delaware North or in his hotel in phoenix (for the Bankruptcy hearings)! "What! How dare he!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Why has so much talent left slamming the doors in Boston than anyplace else?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

This changes nothing, this is a ploy by Phil's agent to speed up the process. PC still has all the advantage, the right to match & compensation. This is good for everybody in the sense that we may see an end to this quicker. I think most GM's like Burke will be discussing with PC instead of Phil's agent anyway. That is probably making Kessel upset as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: See you later Phil...:
    [QUOTE]This changes nothing, this is a ploy by Phil's agent to speed up the process. PC still has all the advantage, the right to match & compensation. This is good for everybody Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

You probably already know this but after Oct. 1st the Bs only get picks no right to match. Yes you're right it was a ploy by Phils agent and he (Kessel) is gone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See you later Phil... : You probably already know this but after Oct. 1st the Bs only get picks no right to match . Yes you're right it was a ploy by Phils agent and he (Kessel) is gone.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yah, your completely right dude. Why would Phil want to play for one of the best young teams in the NHL when he could wait and play for the Leafs, Islanders or one of the other bottom feeders? Nice call Braniac.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See you later Phil... : Yah, your completely right dude. Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]

Money! Bird Brain! That you on the ground!? boo hoo where's my Phil ? Stop thinking, it's not doing you any good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]See what Atlanta or the Islanders will pay him. Get him signed and trade him for a player/prospect and a pick. Let him go from a contender to a pretender. This is the big difference here in MI. Most Wings players are willing to take less than market value to remain with Detroit. Bye-bye Phil.
    Posted by BruWingFan[/QUOTE]

Did you ever hear the saying " Don't believe everything you read " . SOURCES ... bla bla bla... who are these sources ???
    So let's say he's done negotiating, this can mean he told management that he will not sign under 4.5. If the Bruins give him that or match that then of course there's no more negotiating.
    He did say he wants to remain a Bruin at the U.S. camp and I believe that.
    If he goes , LIFE GOES ON but we will not go empty handed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to See you later Phil...:
    [QUOTE]If it's true that Phil Kessel will no longer negotiate with the Bruins Posted by mglsmrso[/QUOTE]

It's not true.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Unbeleivable, this response is boneheaded to say the least by Kessel.

He leaves with little respect in this, but Chia must hold some of the blame as he has not worked very hard to make this happen. He signed TT then Krejci then Morris but didn't nail down his top scorer showing him little respect.

We don't know what was going on behind closed doors with Chia and his agent.

I believe K must have got sick of no movement and said this is it I have to move on.  I don't care about their attitudes, I was hoping he would be a fit here as his scoring will be missed.

There better be a trade, I don't want lousy futures, I want a goal scorer now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Kessel and a 2nd for Okposo and a first.....that is what i would like to see

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Read this article out of canada yesterday

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/09/without_proper_pieces_a_kessel.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Any club willing to go that high for Kessel, or to swap roster players or prospects for him, no doubt will want to know that it can bring Kessel aboard at their price -- pointing once again to a sign-and-trade arrangement. Otherwise, a club could give up assets to acquire Kessel's rights, then be vulnerable to Kessel signing another club's offer sheet.

Can anyone make sense of this, as an RFA I know you only trade for the right to negotiate but if Kessel signs a different offer sheet the compensation must come from the team Kessel signs with right? I know Holmgren used this risky route to sign UFA's before July 1st a couple of years ago but this is risky. What GM would offer a trade option instead of justing offering up a contract.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Unbeleivable, this response is boneheaded to say the least by Kessel. He leaves with little respect in this, but Chia must hold some of the blame as he has not worked very hard to make this happen. He signed TT then Krejci then Morris but didn't nail down his top scorer showing him little respect. We don't know what was going on behind closed doors with Chia and his agent.  I believe K must have got sick of no movement and said this is it I have to move on.  I don't care about their attitudes, I was hoping he would be a fit here as his scoring will be missed. There better be a trade, I don't want lousy futures, I want a goal scorer now.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Kessel stated today that he has NOT broken off negotiations with the Bruins. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Read this article out of canada yesterday http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/09/without_proper_pieces_a_kessel.html
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

That was really good piece Thanks Bluefox70. Heard from my buddy whom I grew up with in Mass. He works for Fox 25 Boston and was working at the Beckett Bowl tonight (Josh Becketts 3rd annual charity bowling event not sure if you're from canada or the US). He stood by and listened while Milan Lucic talked about the Kessel situation which is why I think that was really good piece.

And of course Jeff mentioned that Milan is real nice and real friendly!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See you later Phil... : That was really good piece Thanks Bluefox70. Heard from my buddy whom I grew up with in Mass. He works for Fox 25 Boston and was working at the Beckett Bowl tonight (Josh Becketts 3rd annual charity bowling event not sure if you're from canada or the US). He stood by and listened while Milan Lucic talked about the Kessel situation which is why I think that was really good piece. And of course Jeff mentioned that Milan is real nice and real friendly!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope that if Lucic backstabbed Kessel as well, he had the decency to not hide behind an anonymous quote.

Actually, though, that article appears to me to be a compilation of some mild complaints about a young, somewhat immature, talented kid who's growing up in the spotlight, stirred together to fulfill a preconceived notion. Reminds me of Tom Jackson's classic "they hate their coach" comment about the Patriots.

One big red flag: that his teammates don't like Savard. Whenever I hear a comment from a Bruin about Savard, it's always positive, and often amused.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]One big red flag: that his teammates don't like Savard. Whenever I hear a comment from a Bruin about Savard, it's always positive, and often amused.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I think it's a misquote in his article.  He wears the A on his jersey in Boston for a reason and it's not that some players hAte him. That I don't believe and think what he was trying to say is that Savard around the league is not liked. Heard this on more than one occasion.
    He's hard to play against, has a pretty good mouth on him and he's in your face . Someone you hate to play against but love to have in your team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See you later Phil... : I certainly hope that if Lucic backstabbed Kessel as well, he had the decency to not hide behind an anonymous quote. Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Didn't back stab him and I am not a Phil hater. Milan like myself is sick of hearing about it and wants it over with. trade him or sign him! I only agree to disagree with you Duinne and then again you might still have a chance to come back n say "I told you so SanDog."