Seguin back to the OHL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Seguin back to the OHL?

His billet family is making up his room now.

In other words, he's not going anywhere. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Not a chance that he'll be sent back.  There's a better chance that they'll send Recchi back to junior.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin back to the OHL?:
    [QUOTE]Not a chance that he'll be sent back.  There's a better chance that they'll send Recchi back to junior.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I would not be opposed to seeing Recchi sent away to another team not named the bruins. His so called "leadership" is so overrated

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

The kid has the skill to play in the NHL now.He has a lot to learn [what 18 year old doesn't?]but what is another year of dominating at the junior level going to do for him.Joe Thornton probably could have used another year in junior but the B's and Pat Burns weren't willing to let him play and make some inevitable mistakes .The B's don't really have high expectations for Seguin this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Seguin's not going anywhere. It's obvious that the game plan for Seguin is to start him slow , so he learns things, and then increase his ice time. His points totals will increase with more playing time. Right now he's only playing about 10 minutes a game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Seguin seems to be learning quickly, I highly doubt he'll get sent back. Seems like each game he's getting a little better positionally, and backchecking more effectively. You also don't see him making glaring mistakes too often. I think within a month he'll start putting up some points consistently.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Right now he has the same number of points as Chara and Boychuk.  He has more points than Bergeron and Wheeler.  Not a snow balls chance in hell of going back to jr.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin back to the OHL? : I would not be opposed to seeing Recchi sent away to another team not named the bruins. His so called "leadership" is so overrated
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

so agree!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Could Recchi be the odd man out when Sturm and Savard return? How many goals does he have? Same as Wheeler and less than Hunwick....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

[QUOTE]Not a chance that he'll be sent back.  There's a better chance that they'll send Recchi back to junior.

hahahaha

Hilarious!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The odds of Seguin being sent back to the OHL and playing in the World Juniors is 100%
    ...according to the biggest attention hound on the board

"Here's a challenge, Einstein... If Seguin doesn't play in the WJC, I never post again."    -RMiller87 08-05-10

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]The odds of Seguin being sent back to the OHL and playing in the World Juniors is 100% ...according to the biggest attention hound on the board "Here's a challenge, Einstein... If Seguin doesn't play in the WJC, I never post again."    -RMiller87 08-05-10
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Hey, seobrein...

Thanks for being so obsessive in collecting my posts, dude !

I thought that I was leaving if Seguin didn`t get sent down, but it looks like I have until the WJC now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

It is an interesting idea, considering what Florida did to Godbranson. It'd save almost $4Mil in Cap room, and give them room for proven NHL performers. By that I mean that Seguin appears to be capable of playing in the NHL, and at a high level, but has yet to prove he can do it over 82 games, and playoffs, when it counts. 

I personally think it is a bad idea, but I can see it happening. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]The odds of Seguin being sent back to the OHL and playing in the World Juniors is 100% ...according to the biggest attention hound on the board "Here's a challenge, Einstein... If Seguin doesn't play in the WJC, I never post again."    -RMiller87 08-05-10
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Unless RMiller miraculously gets a job, kisses a girl, and moves out of his Mom's basement in the next two weeks, I think you can kiss that promise goodbye...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin back to the OHL? : Hey, seobrein... Thanks for being so obsessive in collecting my posts, dude ! I thought that I was leaving if Seguin didn`t get sent down, but it looks like I have until the WJC now.
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]
    You'll always be an"A"hole regardless of when you leave(or go back on your word and don't).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

They'd be stupid to do it.  If he is having trouble with his defensive responsibilities then they should put him on a wing before sending him back to the OHL. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Thankyou Perrysound.  That is what COULD happen. If nobody takes Ryder. If the Bruins don't trade Wheeler or Hunwick, moving Seguin back to juniors does indeed give the B's some cap space. Look at Eberle in Edmonton. A lot of fans last year were really pis##ed off when he got sent back to Medicne Hat. Have you seen him play this season ? Unreal ! He's Oilers best player out there. Also having Jordan Caron playing so well is something I don't think the Bruins were totally expecting. Having Caron taking a spot on the roster, gives the Bruins more ways to shape things. I hope nothing but the best for Seguin. Go B's go

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin back to the OHL? : Unless RMiller miraculously gets a job, kisses a girl, and moves out of his Mom's basement in the next two weeks, I think you can kiss that promise goodbye...

The WJC is at the end of December -- not in the next two weeks.

Do you even follow hockey to not know this ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin back to the OHL? : The WJC is at the end of December -- not in the next two weeks. Do you even follow hockey to not know this ?
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Seguin can't play at the WJC as he did not attend the summer camp for Team Canada making him ineligible to play.  Sorry to whoever thought he could play at the WJC.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin back to the OHL? : Seguin can't play at the WJC as he did not attend the summer camp for Team Canada making him ineligible to play.  Sorry to whoever thought he could play at the WJC.
    Posted by stunner416[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is correct.  But if he stays in the NHL past nine games, then he cannot be returned to junior and cannot play in the WJC.  The nine game mark is two weeks away...try to keep up RMiller...

Say Chowdah Frenchie!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin back to the OHL? : I don't think that is correct.  But if he stays in the NHL past nine games, then he cannot be returned to junior and cannot play in the WJC.  The nine game mark is two weeks away...try to keep up RMiller... Say Chowdah Frenchie!!
    You know that clown Miller is going to grasp at any reason to justify sticking around  and being a nuisance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]It is an interesting idea, considering what Florida did to Godbranson. It'd save almost $4Mil in Cap room, and give them room for proven NHL performers. By that I mean that Seguin appears to be capable of playing in the NHL, and at a high level, but has yet to prove he can do it over 82 games, and playoffs, when it counts.  I personally think it is a bad idea, but I can see it happening. 
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

Untrue. Seguin is listed as a $3+ million cap hit because his bonuses are included, but he would have to reach those bonuses (20+ goals, all-star team, etc. etc.) for it to actually count against the cap. If the Bruins could add an NHL player who's capable of doing that (who? how?), you can be sure he'd cost about the same. 

And even if he does collect on his bonuses, there is a 7.5 percent bonus cushion allowed against the cap, and anything beyond that can be deferred to next year (as with the Blackhawks when Jonathan Toews won the Conn Symth), when you have some significant salaries (Ryder, Sturm) coming off the books.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Okay someone needs to clarify this for me.
    Is it that the Bruins can't send him back after playing 10 games?
    Or is it that the tenth game causes this season to count as a year for the purposes of contracts, and so it would be silly to send him down afterwards (but still possible)?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Okay someone needs to clarify this for me. Is it that the Bruins can't send him back after playing 10 games? Or is it that the tenth game causes this season to count as a year for the purposes of contracts, and so it would be silly to send him down afterwards (but still possible)?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

It is the or, he can be sent back at any time but if he plays 10 games that counts as a year of his contract.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

They cannot send him back to Juniors after 10 games. I do not know if they can send him to the minors after that, but my guess is yes they can, because he is now considered a Professional, and Bruins property.

As for Duinne, what's with that picture? Counts you out from any serious conversation about hockey with us heteros.
    :-)

Sections
Shortcuts