Seguin back to the OHL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Seguin back to the OHL?

... and this would be why I asked.

/bonks self on head
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=541297
    I thought it was a video so I didn't check it before, it has the answer.

"Teams can return their teenage prospects to their junior team at any time, but doing so before they play in their 10th game delays the start of their entry-level contract. The last player to skate in more than nine games and still be returned to his junior club was defenseman Luca Sbisa, the No. 19 pick of the 2008 Draft who played 39 games with the Flyers before being sent back to WHL."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin back to the OHL?:
    [QUOTE]They cannot send him back to Juniors after 10 games. I do not know if they can send him to the minors after that, but my guess is yes they can, because he is now considered a Professional, and Bruins property. As for Duinne, what's with that picture? Counts you out from any serious conversation about hockey with us heteros. :-)
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

They can send him back to junior any time. The problem is, as DrCC said, that once he gets past 9 games, that's a year gone on his ELC. Might as well keep him and get that year's worth. But it has happened before - Luca Sbisa spent half a year with the Flyers before being sent back to Lethbridge as an 18-year-old (he was recalled for the NHL playoffs).

Seguin cannot go to the AHL - only players who either turn 20 by Dec. 31 of that season or have completed four years in junior are eligible for the AHL. There is an exception for underage players who are drafted out of Europe (Sbisa is European but was drafted out of the WHL).

As for my avatar, that is Vladimir Sobotka, and I find him nice to look at (I am a 'hetero' woman).

Edited to add: DrCC with faster fingers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

RMiller87 : Cheers for the Habs + Has the name of 

a Buffalo Goalie = Too confused to be taken serious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"but trollie can post her pictures of scantily clad men for Gawd's sake with kids watching"

I get it now you like to talk to yourself in mommies mirror irony at it's best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]"but trollie can post her pictures of scantily clad men for Gawd's sake with kids watching " I get it now you like to talk to yourself in mommies mirror irony at it's best.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

"Kids watching"? Did he seriously post that? Good grief, you see more skin every day at the community swimming pool. 

"Scantily clad men"! Bwaahahahahaha. OMG that is hilarious. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin back to the OHL? : Seguin can't play at the WJC as he did not attend the summer camp for Team Canada making him ineligible to play.  Sorry to whoever thought he could play at the WJC.
    Posted by stunner416[/QUOTE]

Seguin did attend the camp, it was Hall that didn't. 
    That is the only reason to send him back. That experience is what made Caron the player he is right now.  That was his role in the tournament and he excelled in the PK, shut down role.  The one thing Seguin lacks is that big game performance, because he's never been in one.  Maybe he needs that to reach the next level.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin back to the OHL? : Hey, seobrein... Thanks for being so obsessive in collecting my posts, dude ! I thought that I was leaving if Seguin didn`t get sent down, but it looks like I have until the WJC now.
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

You do know that if he stays with the Bruins, he doesn't play in the WJC right?  He can only play if he is on his Junior team.  That means we only need to listen to you (so to speak) for 3 more games, seeing as, you know, Seguin's not going back to Juniors and all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin back to the OHL? : You do know that if he stays with the Bruins, he doesn't play in the WJC right?  He can only play if he is on his Junior team.  That means we only need to listen to you (so to speak) for 3 more games, seeing as, you know, Seguin's not going back to Juniors and all.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it's easy enough to "leave" this board and return under another username. If there was actual moderation here, they could track him down using his IP number and expose him, but alas, this is a modless forum.

Look for "Rmiller" to disappear, and another troll to surface. And remember, the ignore button is your friend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin back to the OHL? : You do know that if he stays with the Bruins, he doesn't play in the WJC right?  He can only play if he is on his Junior team.  That means we only need to listen to you (so to speak) for 3 more games, seeing as, you know, Seguin's not going back to Juniors and all.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]
    Not quite accurate bt... The B's can keep Seguin on the NHL roster and allow him to play in the World Juniors.  Every year there is speculation on which teams will allow their rookies to go to the WJC.   I believe that the B's will be in position that they can allow him to leave the NHL roster for a few weeks.

I would love to see the B's send Seguin to the WJC.  It would be a great opportunity for him to jump back into playing 20+ minutes per game and in all important situations.  I'm sure that he would love the opportunity to add this mssing piece (WJC) to his resume!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Looks like teams are starting to make decisions:
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=541831
    (Niederreiter)