Seguin out worked in WJ camp!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Seguin out worked in WJ camp!

Louis Leblanc- property of the scabs was the best player in Team Canada's WJ camp! He was all over TS & frustrated him numerous times! Not a good sign. So, lets hope this guy isn't the Joe Thornton type that disapears when he's needed the most. Not saying this will be the case, but it was observed quiet noticably that Tyler didn't "bring it" to camp. Whether he thinks he'll be there or not is irrelevent! He didn't make the WJ team last year, because of the same reason. All of us who think he's going to stick with the B's this year may end up very surprised. He may just need one more season in JR's to get to that next step where being the "go to guy" is more justified.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Seguin out worked in WJ camp!

Yeah, I'm sure the kid is really putting his best effort forward during an amateur camp scrimmage.

Non-story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin out worked in WJ camp!:
    Yeah, I'm sure the kid is really putting his best effort forward during an amateur camp scrimmage. Non-story.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Well if he isn't than that shows he's not ready NAS? Seriously, do you really think that if he's going to a camp for a team that cut him last year he'd want to show what they maybe missing this year. This is team Canada, not some summer rec league! Maybe you're right. Maybe he didn't put his all into it, but I can tell you this much in SPARQ he was by far the best conditioned this guy did a 61 & the closest to him was a 43! So, if he was giving his all for that. I highly doubt he slackened on the ice!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nitemare cmon bud it's the summer Louis Leblanc was reported to have outplayed a Bruin by a Canadian reporter really ? Why wouldn't that reporter take a shot at an offensively challenged team that has one of the best U20 Canadian players ?

There seems to be a common thread of : Will Seguin play in Buffalo by Canadian posters ? There seems to be a worry. I just don't care because I want Tyler in Black n Gold playing effectively all year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

oh nightmare you know why he was left off the roster last year? tell me, which one of the coaches did you speak with...

i know its summer, but you are stretching for things to be pessimistic about

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawLaw. Show LawLaw's posts

I understand what NAS and SanDog are saying but if he didn't give a sh*t about giving a solid effort at this camp, then why didn't he opt out of it like Hall did.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not puting too much stock in this either but if Seguin REALLY wanted to be there, why didn't he have a better showing?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I understand what NAS and SanDog are saying but if he didn't give a sh*t about giving a solid effort at this camp, then why didn't he opt out of it like Hall did.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not puting too much stock in this either but if Seguin REALLY wanted to be there, why didn't he have a better showing?
    Posted by LawLaw

It's unknown if it even happened, and to what extent, or in what context.  The fact remains:  It doesn't matter.  Practice camp with the kiddies has no bearing on what will happen in the NHL.  As long as Seguin puts in his best effort when the puck drops for the regular season, I couldn't care less.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's not that hard to figure out.  There is a slim but real chance that Seguin goes back to Plymouth.  If he does, the highlight of his season will be a chance at a WJHC gold medal (I don't think Plymouth has a Memorial Cup waiting).  To participate in the selection camp, he needs to participate in this development camp.  Not excel, just participate.  He's not there to prove anything at this point, and even if he wanted to make some sort of point re: last year, it's a different coaching staff (almost always is with Hockey Canada).  Not much chance he's going to play himself off of that team in August, and, if he's there for selection camp in December, he'll be trying to prove to the Bruins that they made a mistake (sending him down), not Hockey Canada.

I don't like hearing this, though.  I couldn't care less about Louis Leblanc and how he's trying to make himself look good against Seguin, but the impression that Seguin's not competing - even at a meaningless camp, it's still hockey - that gives me a moment of concern.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh no, Book.  You too?  This couldn't matter any less.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

He didn't have a good showing but it seemed to me that it was for a different reason than "getting outworked".  He has the wheels and the brains but on numerous occasions his "teammates" wouldn't pass him the puck!  It is a tryout for most of the guys and if they had a chance to try and beat the d or shoot, they were going to take it...not dish it off to a guy who is a lock to make the team. (IF he's not on the Bruins roster)  I watched a few times Saturday night as Seguin was open and ready to receive a pass but nothing materialized.

Like "nightmare" said, its not that he wasn't competing. He blew everyone away in the fitness portion ...he IS a competetive guy!!  He was competing on the ice. My view... he was playing with a bunch of kids who didn't want to make him look any better than he already is!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Louis Leblanc ????? Who care about this future 3 or 4th liner ???????

I saw him play 2 or 3 times and this kid will maybe never made NHL.

Tyler will be ready for Bruins camp, i'm confident about it !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Seguin had the odd game here and there last year with Plymouth where he was non existent in the eyes of this observer. Having a subpar scrimmage in August doesn't mean much because his level of play does have its ups and downs like any other player. Minimizing the games where he plays at a lower level is where he needs to improve upon.This part of his game did concern me. IMO some nights he just didn't have it and was just an average player but conversely when he had his 'A' game he stood out. That I felt was the difference between Hall and Seguin last year . When Hall wasn't on his game he was still one of the best players on the ice where Seguin's play dipped a little lower when he wasn't on his game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I am not over concern by summer camp, Sequin can go WJC and that will only help him more. He still a junior at age 18 to 19 and will not end up being an dud. Who else will you want to write about in camp Leblanc was a first round pick by the Canadiens and will want to the show Habs he wants to be wearing an NHL jersey; the best way to show the brass is against a rival player. The thing about this is years from now these two same players will be going head to head each one will have their day. It is all about competing and who is more hungrier on a daily basis.
    Examples is Don Marcotte -Guy Lafleur(1979 series)  Cam Neely-Claude Lemieux(always in each others faces) that is what rivals are about or sports will be boring.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

So now if Seguin doesn't score in his first NHL game we will look back to his performance at the WJC camp.  I think I just felt a drop of the sky falling on my head...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Seguin had the odd game here and there last year with Plymouth where he was non existent in the eyes of this observer. Having a subpar scrimmage in August doesn't mean much because his level of play does have its ups and downs like any other player. Minimizing the games where he plays at a lower level is where he needs to improve upon.This part of his game did concern me. IMO some nights he just didn't have it and was just an average player but conversely when he had his 'A' game he stood out. That I felt was the difference between Hall and Seguin last year . When Hall wasn't on his game he was still one of the best players on the ice where Seguin's play dipped a little lower when he wasn't on his game.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

What your describing is pure Talent.Talent is great,but on some days,your not ON.The talent/hustle/grind/ go first think second ,Hall type seem to not be as noticeable on the off days.I have gone to hockey games to see star kids and sometimes come out and say the kid dosnt even look like he wants to be out there.Talent often times takes the day off.In Boston you cant do that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from francisdufour. Show francisdufour's posts

Do any of U really play hockey? I do 3 times a week, 11 months a year.  & I can tell you that when I don't lace skates for my month off, I'm far from being at top level right away!
    The #1 priority of Seguin is the Bruins camp so at this date, ALL his training has been EXCLUSIVELY off ice to gain strength & weight.  The #1 priority of Leblanc this summer is this WJC camp so most of his preparation was done on ice. That's all you have to know about this tiny scrimmage in the middle of the summer...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Good Lord! October 9th can't come soon enough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Thank you Francis - summed it up perfectly! 
    Canadian reported writing bad about a Bruins top prospect vs. their own - wow what a shocker!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

It comes down to this: LeBlanc-everything to prove; Seguin- nothing to prove.

That is why LeBlanc outplayed Seguin in first camp after summer off. If he doesn't outplay him now, he never will.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm with Dufour. LeBlanc was told by his coach at Harvard, a non-entity named Donato, that turning pro was a mistake, so he is going b--ls out to show that he is pro materiel. Tyler has shown, and knows, that he is ready to step up to the NHL with The Bruins. As mentioned, he has focused on weight, strength, and the intangables that he needs to work on. Remember that Wheeler did not focus on the intangables until his stamina gave out in his first year. WJC tryouts are not the end all except for those who have yet to prove their value. Let's wait for Camp before being negative on Seguin.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

and if you think that was bad wait to he has to face nhl caliber dmen

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

I'm with Dufour. LeBlanc was told by his coach at Harvard, a non-entity named Donato, that turning pro was a mistake, so he is going b--ls out to show that he is pro materiel. Tyler has shown, and knows, that he is ready to step up to the NHL with The Bruins. As mentioned, he has focused on weight, strength, and the intangables that he needs to work on. Remember that Wheeler did not focus on the intangables until his stamina gave out in his first year. WJC tryouts are not the end all except for those who have yet to prove their value. Let's wait for Camp before being negative on Seguin.
    Posted by Bogie6

Did Leblanc officially leave Haaaaavad?  The funny thing about this story is I saw him play this past winter and he wasnt anything to remember.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

griffon vultures are out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

the funny thing about this story hockey101 is that its not a story

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Seguin out worked in WJ camp!:
    Louis Leblanc- property of the scabs was the best player in Team Canada's WJ camp! He was all over TS & frustrated him numerous times! Not a good sign. So, lets hope this guy isn't the Joe Thornton type that disapears when he's needed the most. Not saying this will be the case, but it was observed quiet noticably that Tyler didn't "bring it" to camp. Whether he thinks he'll be there or not is irrelevent! He didn't make the WJ team last year, because of the same reason. All of us who think he's going to stick with the B's this year may end up very surprised. He may just need one more season in JR's to get to that next step where being the "go to guy" is more justified.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Posters who think that Seguin is going to walk into the NHL this year and dominate are going to be sorely disappointed.

The guy should be going back for a third year of junior in the OHL and compteing for a Gold Medal in the WJC (assuming he makes the cut which I think he will.)

I don't know why people keep arguing against this.

Anyways, get it figured out, boys and girls.

Sections
Shortcuts