Seguin`s cap hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaiber. Show Jaiber's posts

Seguin`s cap hit

Somebody clarify what Seguin`s cap hit will be for the upcoming year?  Fluto says it will be $3M +, but I've also read that it will be just his base salary and that his bonuses can be carried over until next year. Fluto, if you read this can you also help out?

All Savard trade talk has quited... Anyone think he will still be traded?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Re: Seguin`s cap hit

His base salary will most likely be $900K.  That's a hard cap hit.  The rest of the probable $3.75M cap hit will be his bonuses.  These will be apart of of the bonus cushion to start the year and every bonus he achieves that puts us over the cap will carry over to next season.  If we don't go over, they don't carry over.  If he doesn't get them, then the cap hit goes away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Let's put it this way: if his cap hit reaches 3.75 mil, we will all be very happy...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin`s cap hit:
    [QUOTE]Let's put it this way: if his cap hit reaches 3.75 mil, we will all be very happy...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

Correct, and when the bonus$$ hit the cap next year, Ryder will be gone, Bergeron may take less, and hopefully Chara has a long cap friendly extension -situation can only get better!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

some of the bonuses are going to be for things like winning the conn smythe, and stuff like that. If he gets that, i'll be happy to have a smaller cap the next year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

...and as of right now PC has about 26Mil to spend next summer after resigning Stuart, Chara and Bergy he'll still have plenty of room so have at it Mr. Seguin grab all the hardware and money you can achieve!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaiber. Show Jaiber's posts

Perfect, so his cap hit this year will be less than $1M. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

it depends, let us say, for example that the bruins wind up with 500K in cap room, and that Seguin, with a base contract of 900K, hits $1million of his bonuses. His cap hit would be 1.9 mill. The 500K in room we had would be used, and the additional 500K would go on the cap next year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaiber. Show Jaiber's posts

Thanks for clearing it up further.  So there is a benefit in being a couple mil below the cap, in the sense that it helps next year.  Hate to say it but I don't see a way that Ryder stays with this team.  Too bad casue I'm a big fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for clearing it up further.  So there is a benefit in being a couple mil below the cap, in the sense that it helps next year.  Hate to say it but I don't see a way that Ryder stays with this team.  Too bad casue I'm a big fan.
    Posted by Jaiber[/QUOTE]

Jaliber.
    ther break down is 900k in base salary and signing bonus, 850k in performance bonuses (these are difficult to hit, but attainable)  These are the group A bonuses such as 20g, 55pts, top 6 minutes etc, if he hits them all they could add up to over 850, but that is the capped limit on what he could earn..  the group b bonus's are for league wide rewards, and even if he hit them all is still capped at 2m as well. most of those are not attainable, but top 5 in calder voting, as well as all rookie team would be real scenarios.

The fact is his cap hit is 3.75m, and figures come off only after he can no longer acheive them.  As a team the bruins can go 7.5% over the cap in regards to bonus money, but its just money you cant spend the following season, its not a good practice to get into..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]...and as of right now PC has about 26Mil to spend next summer after resigning Stuart, Chara and Bergy he'll still have plenty of room so have at it Mr. Seguin grab all the hardware and money you can achieve!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

plenty of cap room? 26m to spend over 8 players including chara and berg as you said, may cost upwards of 11m for those 2 right there, and then we have to resign wheeler again, stuart, and replace ryder, recchi, sturm.. oh as well as making sure we leave plenty of money to sign rask and krejci to extensions..

I think it looks a lot better then it really is...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Jaiber, I think with the acquisition of Horton the B's would be foolish to trade Savard as of yet. At the very least I'd hope they'd see how the start of the season plays out. If this is a trade that genuinely helps the club then I can at least understand the logic, but if it's a salary dump, no way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Replacing Recchi, Ryder and Sturm will most likely be done with cheaper younger players from Providence . They will fill these roster spots leaving the Bruins with plenty of cap room. The B's cap situation for 11-12 will be easier to manage then 10-11.

You can't hold back these players from starting their careers in the NHL if they are ready and will make your team better. This alone makes the cap space more manageable. I agree with sandog.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]Replacing Recchi, Ryder and Sturm will most likely be done with cheaper younger players from Providence . They will fill these roster spots leaving the Bruins with plenty of cap room. The B's cap situation for 11-12 will be easier to manage then 10-11. You can't hold back these players from starting their careers in the NHL if they are ready and will make your team better. This alone makes the cap space more manageable. I agree with sandog.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I agree with that, but am also realistic, if sturm comes back halfway through the season and post 13-18g, and ryders has a more typical year 25 goals, recchi scores 15-20 your looking for some where in the neighborhood of 60g from a couple guys on the providence roster.. I think the idea taht your replacing 3 top 9 forwards with 3 rookies might be asking a bit much, but would probably be our only option (other then trade) as were going to have to fill out 6 spots with 13-15m, and if wheeler improves and warrants 3m neaxt season your looking at 5 guys for 10..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Still looks doable to me if that plays out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]Still looks doable to me if that plays out.

I agree, but what sits in my head was the thought that kessels production would be replaced with improved youngsters, and a healthy sturm/bergeron, we know how that turned out..

Plus 3 vets outs 3 rookies in looks like a lot experience and consistancy out the door, were not a rebuilding team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

[QUOTE]...and as of right now PC has about 26Mil to spend next summer after resigning Stuart, Chara and Bergy he'll still have plenty of room so have at it Mr. Seguin grab all the hardware and money you can achieve!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

is that 26 figure a fact?  i hope so

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin`s cap hit : is that 26 figure a fact?  i hope so
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

its the number on cap geek, but it doesnt include seguins 900k, nor his bonuses (and we should assume 1.5 in cap reduction for bonuses hit)  so 23.5m might be more realistic..  and seguin will be more like a 1.75 cap hit. so adding him in gives us more like 22m, for chara, bergeron, stuart, and wheeler.. we will still have to sign 1 more d man if we let hunwick walk (if he plays well this year he could be inline for another raise).

and we will need 3 players from providence to be capable of playing top 9 in the nhl.. I am not as optimistic as some of these others..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Even if Ryder, Sturm and Recchi take 60 goals out the door with them, you don't have to match goal totals year to year.  If their replacements come back with 40, that might be enough, especially if you're talking guys who've had a year in Providence, with some call-ups, to acclimate to a pro schedule and who might then find their groove as the season wears on.  Or two of those guys and another gift from Brian Burke?

Plenty of water to pass under the bridge between now and next off-season.  Good seasons from both Thomas and Rask makes the possibility of a Thomas deal more appealing all around - next year he'll only have two years left on his deal, which is much easier to swallow for a trading partner.  Seguin will be closer to making a push for a centre spot, and Savard will both have a season to show he's healthy and back to form and submit to a longer list of possible trade partners.  Lots can happen.  Try too hard to anticipate that now and you risk messing up the present!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

What me worry this year  with our young propsects. This year will be the Bruins  most important season and show us if the Bruins are serious cup contenders for the next four years. The last two years we made the playoffs but had major choking issues. We the fans can blame individuals what happen to our Bruins. I am waiting to see what team shows up this year gunfire or duds. All I know is after this season some contracts will be finish Ryder Sturm Rechhi ( future Bruins mngt./scout) Hunwick(unless he has a stellar year) will not be a spoke next year. For Ference if he can play a full season I will be very content with that. Chara Bergeron Stuart Rask and Mcquaid will be my key players to watch this season and along with prospects Seguin Colborne Caron etc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

The real question at this point is when will they sign Seguin?

Wheeler situation is over.

What kind of details do they have to iron out? He'll pretty much get the same deal as Hall.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

roler , no the B's are not a rebuilding team and 3 rookies in a lineup is a bit much. But if they're good enough to play then I say give it a go. Some will argue about past stats showing that many rookies in the lineup is not feasible. But I think if it works who cares about the past. Some things have to happen for a first time so if it works then I'm all for it. These kids would lack experience but would help in the desire and energy side to making the B's a better team. Who knows what would happen unless that chance is given ? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]roler , no the B's are not a rebuilding team and 3 rookies in a lineup is a bit much. But if they're good enough to play then I say give it a go. Some will argue about past stats showing that many rookies in the lineup is not feasible. But I think if it works who cares about the past. Some things have to happen for a first time so if it works then I'm all for it. These kids would lack experience but would help in the desire and energy side to making the B's a better team. Who knows what would happen unless that chance is given ? 

I can see it happening, I have a feeling we bring someone else in though, or possibly resign sturm (or ryder) to a more cap friendly deal.. I would worry about bringing in 3 rookie forwards expecting 1 to play top 6, and all 3 to play top nine as well as a rookie d-man. My real point though is I dont think 24m to sign something like 8 guys is all that much room when you can count on chara and bergy taking 10-12m between the 2 of them..

if we keep wheeler and he cost us 3, seguin cost 1.75, and stuart cost 2m to bring back (by the way he makes less the boychuk right now, hhuge bargain)..

if all of that is said and done, we need 3f and 1 d man and we will have 4-6m to spend.. Not as cushy looking as 26m wouldn't you say..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

roler this is all speculation between the two of us . We will just have to wait to see what plays out. There could be so many roster moves from now till this time next year depending on the success ( or non success ) of this year. Things could change so drastically ( possible trades of high salaries TT and Savard or not being able to sign both Chara and Bergeron ) that it could be a totally different landscape as far as the salaries go. Let's just wait and maybe we can have a more accurate discussion of what problems might arise as far as the salary cap goes. Good posting though !!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

RealKyper "With Bruins getting some cap issues sorted out, look for the official signing of Tyler Seguin's max entry level contract in coming days"

Not that he's really saying anything that you couldn't have figured out on your own.

Sections
Shortcuts