Seidenberg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Seidenberg

I really hope he gets his act together.  In the two games so far, he's looked terrible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Re: Seidenberg

They said hes was rusty. Not really a good way to start on a new contract in a new organization. Then again they have been pairing him with Hunwick and those 2 dont really play well together.

Id like to see Siedes get some chara time and try boychuck with stuart but we shall see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I find it funny how we complain about which ever defenseman that is paired with Hunwick but never blame Hunwick.  Wideman plays with Hunwick hes is terrible, Ference plays with Hunwick he is terrible and now Seidenberg plays with Hunwick and he is terrible.  Maybe, just maybe the problem is Hunwick. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Seidenberg:
    I really hope he gets his act together.  In the two games so far, he's looked terrible.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

He was much better in game 2.The Seidenberg from last season will probably be back soon enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I have to agree that he looked pretty awful.  But, he was paired with Hunwick a lot and that doesn't help anyone, with the way he's been playing.  After one of the Coyote goals I actually saw Seidenberg turn to Hunwick and say something, probably to the effect of "are you gonna cover anyone?".  I'm not making excuses for him, but Hunwick looked completely lost and I think that was part of Seidenberg's trouble.

Let's hope it gets better quickly...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

He has always been over-rated. Not sure what somebody sees in him, he throws blind passes, doesn't hit or fight.

He is the 5th best d-man on this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: Seidenberg:
    He has always been over-rated. Not sure what somebody sees in him, he throws blind passes, doesn't hit or fight. He is the 5th best d-man on this team.
    Posted by bluefox70

Actually, he does hit, and was also a leader in the NHL in blocked shots last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He has always been over-rated. Not sure what somebody sees in him, he throws blind passes, doesn't hit or fight. He is the 5th best d-man on this team.
    Posted by bluefox70

Seidenberg was in the top 20 for hits by defencemen last season(first on Bruins) and first in the league in blocked shots.Mark Stuart who I'm sure you,as I do, would consider a hitter,was the 65 rated d-man in hits.Obviously Seidenberg does more than you're giving him credit for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Seidenburg is a solid d-man and how anyone can pass judgement  on him because the whole team came out flat in the first game is beyond me....tell me how bad he played in the 3-0 win....some people thrive on the negative....he is coming off pretty serious arm surgery and will be just fine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Posted by bluefox70

C'mon, you migth want to do a little research and support your argument with facts...which in this case would be impossible...it's just 100% wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Seidenberg:
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I am hoping the contract is a correct assessment of his ability as a defenseman.  I will trust the Bs management on that issue.  The thought still remains why didn't Carolina sign him after doing so well in the playoffs in 08-09?  And why was he signed so late as a free agent in Florida?  Hope the short stay in Boston was a true reflection of his talent!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

It's only 2 games people. Let's see how he looks after 10 or 12.

By the way, overall, he didn't look bad at all in the second game. He was dang awful in the first game, though. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I knew people would blah blah blah Hunwick blah blah blah.  He only played two periods with Hunwick.  I wasn't a fan of the contract and still am not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I knew people would blah blah blah Hunwick blah blah blah.  He only played two periods with Hunwick.  I wasn't a fan of the contract and still am not.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'm not sure I like that contract either. Just too early to tell.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Seidenberg is a good defenseman...give him another week and he will be fine.  On the other Hand, Hunwick will always be terrible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

It looked like he improved during the game on Sunday.  During the early going it looked like he had cement blocks tied to this skates, but he was skating a bit better by the end of the game.  Still plenty of room for improvement though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I remember a thread over the summer stating that he would be having a career high season based on how many games he played with the Bruins vs the points he got. I disagreed then and still now.
    First game he didn't look good at all.  Many were saying how bad Hunwick was but he was just as bad. 
    Offensively he is what he is (still don't see him on PP) but his defensive game I expect him to be better than what he's shown so far.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBruin. Show CanadianBruin's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

I knew a post started by you would be negative. I didn't like you before, and still don't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

I saw Seidenberg paired with Stuart most of the time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Seidenberg :  I saw Seidenberg paired with Stuart most the time.
    Posted by BsLegion

And oh boy did Stuart look good!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Maybe, just maybe the problem is Hunwick. Posted by Orrthebest

but don't tell that to Chiarelli and Julien cause they will keep a foolish loyalty for Hunwick while they have a bigger, stronger, better Bartkowski down in Providence. It's either a belief that Hunwick can turn it around or their trying to get a higher than 4th round pick for Matt bu showing he can shake rust off.

Matt Hunwick has no confidence left whatsoever. As far as Seidenberg he has not looked real sharp he needs to pick it up a bit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

I find it funny how we complain about which ever defenseman that is paired with Hunwick but never blame Hunwick.  Wideman plays with Hunwick hes is terrible, Ference plays with Hunwick he is terrible and now Seidenberg plays with Hunwick and he is terrible.  Maybe, just maybe the problem is Hunwick. 
    Posted by Orrthebest

Bingo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

But those two periods are when Seidenberg looked bad.  If you're going to judge Seidenberg on one game, surely you can do the same with his D-partner.  The first two Coyote goals occured because Hunwick didn't pick up his man, IMO, and Seidenberg was on the ice with him.

That's fine if you don't like the contract, I disagree, but can't argue with your opinion on that.

I hope he looks better moving forward too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seidenberg : But those two periods are when Seidenberg looked bad.  If you're going to judge Seidenberg on one game, surely you can do the same with his D-partner.  The first two Coyote goals occured because Hunwick didn't pick up his man, IMO, and Seidenberg was on the ice with him. That's fine if you don't like the contract, I disagree, but can't argue with your opinion on that. I hope he looks better moving forward too.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I'm placing more value on the Seidenberg that I saw last year than the one I've seen for 2 games this year.I thought the contract was a good deal.I actually expected him to get more on the open market so I was pleasantly surprised when he signed with Boston.

Sections
Shortcuts