Selanne in Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawLaw. Show LawLaw's posts

Selanne in Boston?

Sounds like Selanne could end up with the Bruins?  thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Selanne in Boston?

For a 3rd rounder or low 2nd, great deal for a rental.  Maybe keep him around for a couple years.  Selanne would be great to have around the lockeroom for the young guys.  Imagine a Selanne/Seguin/Caron line!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

bring selanne in thru the front door as long as ryder goes out the back.....selanne,s a perfect replacement for ryder for the remaining of the year....the b,s stay competitive & save 4 mill for next years cap

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vilho. Show Vilho's posts

geez, everyone's so eager to dump wideman.  I guarantee you a LOT of other teams would take him in.  he's still young don't forget and developing.  Last year was good and he took a step back this year along with a lot of other guys.  The B's should definately hang through the tough times, keep developing him instead of bashing his confidence, and enjoy having a puck moving dman. 
    people laughing at the bruins trying to pick up a puck moving dman and complaining that we need forwards clearly have little understanding that dmen transition the game into offensive opportunities.  Our forwards DO have talent.  Not necessarily fear inducing talent, but there's good depth there (yes even Ryder at least presents threat) and having quicker transition and will lead to a stronger attack, more shots, and more goals.  Instead of dumping the little depth we have left, I think a tweak here and there is what we should do this year.  Draft well and make offseason trades to fix serious problems, and continue the development of some very talented young guys. 

Way too much griping and headhunting from fans spoiled by Boston's other teams.  Fans totally have the right to gripe as customers, but the amount I've read this season is borderline insane.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

no no no no

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No point in bringing the old man to town.  How as Recchi helped the team this year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

Vilho, Wideman is going to be 27 this month and is in his 5th year as a pro, isn't the time for waiting around for him over??  To say he has taken a "step back" this season is a gross understatement.  He has more giveaways than I can remember any legitimate d-man ever having.  I do agree with you that a puck-moving d-man is needed, but that is also because Wideman has failed so miserably at being that guy this season.  The Wideman bashing has nothing to do with the success of the other teams, the Bruins haven't won a Cup in 38 years, and us Bruins fans are considered the black sheep of Boston sports fans!!  I don't think the same pink hat Sox and Pats fans really don't give a s**t about us or the Bruins.  And to have a team go from 1st to toiling in mediocrity deserves at least some negative reaction, don't you think?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

over the hill long ago!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

18 goals and 11 assists in only 37 games this years sounds pretty good to me....He'd be a better option as a 1st line winger than Sturm, Satan, Paille, Ryder, Begin, Lucic, Wheeler, et al.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Please no more expandable players from other organizations. Can't we just get one offensive stud/captain material guy?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Selanne in Boston?:
    Who doesn't want wideman gone? I mean a puck moving defenseman that can't hit the net to save his life! It is absolutely painful to watch him over and over not hit the net from the blue line? Are you kidding me? Last year in the playoffs he did the same thing, It drove me absolutely nuts and he's doing it again this year! His last name is "Wideman" for a reason! n Response to Re: Selanne in Boston? :
    Posted by donny1969

Wideman is second in shots on goal for defensemen and sixth on the team overall.

Pay attention.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Selanne has said he's retiring after this season, so why waste anything to get him?  In general, B's need to get younger and stay younger if they're ever going to develop the nucleus of a top-4 Cup contender, something they're not even close to at the moment.