Sequin or Hall???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from undeafeatedpatsfan. Show undeafeatedpatsfan's posts

Sequin or Hall???

who should the Bruins take, I for one would definately would take Sequin if I had to choose, I live in Canada who talk hockey just about 24 hrs. per day and the feeling in Canada, who have produced a few good hockey players it their time, believe that Sequin has a bigger upside than Hall who they feel will help right away but Sequin being the better pick. With that being said you don't do anything foolish and just take whoever drops into your lap. Personally I think Edmonton will take Sequin they need help at center and the Bruins will end up with a scoring winger that they despersately need.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

Re: Sequin or Hall???

Either pick will develop into a NHL'r.

If Edmonton really wanted help at center, they wouldn't be picking Hall.

p.s. - It's Seguin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undeafeatedpatsfan. Show undeafeatedpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Sequin or Hall???:
    Either pick will develop into a NHL'r. If Edmonton really wanted help at center, they wouldn't be picking Hall. p.s. - It's Seguin.
    Posted by CanuckBruin

Thats right thanx for correcting me, too early in the morning

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

There is no debate on who the bruins should take. They will take whichever player the Oilers don't take. No need to even think about it until the oilers make their pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

E1 here wants Hall because hes a winger, Seguin adapts well from center to wing, personally I like that in seguin, plus seguin does better at challenges, such as playing his heart out to take the #1 ranking most of the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from undeafeatedpatsfan. Show undeafeatedpatsfan's posts

There is no debate on who the bruins should take. They will take whichever player the Oilers don't take. No need to even think about it until the oilers make their pick.
    Posted by stillallbost08

Yeah allright, ok we will call it a disscussion, lets discuss who would we prefer just to talk about something. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

It's the mootest of moot points. They'll take whoever Edmonton doesn't.

For the record, both can play all three forward positions.

I for one am really looking forward to rookie camp.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I have a soft spot for Hall,  I think he likes the Bruins and Orr is his agent.
    Seguins is a great prospect also and might be a better all round player therefore who cares... either Orr. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I am just happy we have 4 1st round picks in the next two yrs...plus we will have some cap releif in a year, throw in the fact we likely deal TT and this team should be set to make a serious run at the cup in about 1-2 yrs...yes I know we are still in it this year...but I am dealing with the reality and loving the idea of us as underdogs...this team could be built similar to chicago with all our picks...throw in the fact we have a young goalie, some nice young talent on the current roster and on the way...things are looking good...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Edmonton is nuts if they don't take Seguin.  In three years he's going to have a much bigger impact on the league than Hall.  And to be ranked #1 at the tender age of 17 and win the league MVP in the same year, all on a subpar team, says alot about his immense talent.

Bruins would be lucky to have Edmonton pass on him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bim,

Hall has been dominant in the playoffs and all year as well...its not a scoring race had he not played at the world juniors...on top of that they are only a few months different in age...

The Oilers need to take the best player available and at the moment it is Hall...I would be shocked if the Oilers don't grab him...the fan base there is as strong as it gets...

Me personally, I would rather have Seguin from watching a small sample of Seguin and a larger sample on Hall...I think Hall sets himself up to be hit too often and that will result in injruies...if I could I would rather Seguin...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Win, win situation all the way around! Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

i tink because of the type forward we have , hall would be the better fit for the bruins. I still say edm will take him number 1. he's a edmonton type player , great skater, dynamic , and scoring touch, then again who would not want that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Joe Colborne, Maxime Sauve, Jordan Caron, and Taylor Hall/Tyler Seguin at rookie camp?  Solid...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bennyjo30. Show bennyjo30's posts

I think either pick would work out well for the Bruins. I listen to a great deal of hockey talk radio and it seems as though most of the B's fans want Hall. He is a flashy goal-scorer whose favorite player is his agent, Bobby Orr, and he would love to play for the Bruins. Plus, if the Bruins have one strong forward position, it's certainly center, and having a winger who can score will make those centers even better.

Edmonton recently came out and said that their scouts voted 6-5 in favor of picking Hall, which slightly surprises me because they desperately need a solid center. However, it's hard not to choose the flashy goal-scorer, the kind that will put fans in the seats. I think Seguin will fit well with the Bruins, because we can always move somebody to the wing (in fact Bergie is a pretty darn good wing). But I think Hall would be a better fit because of his goal scoring touch.

For those fans that who rather Hall than Seguin (or Seguin than Hall), what is the best move for the Bruins? Do they trade up in order to ensure they get who they want, or do you just take whoever Edmonton doesn't?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I think either pick would work out well for the Bruins. I listen to a great deal of hockey talk radio and it seems as though most of the B's fans want Hall. He is a flashy goal-scorer whose favorite player is his agent, Bobby Orr, and he would love to play for the Bruins. Plus, if the Bruins have one strong forward position, it's certainly center, and having a winger who can score will make those centers even better. Edmonton recently came out and said that their scouts voted 6-5 in favor of picking Hall, which slightly surprises me because they desperately need a solid center. However, it's hard not to choose the flashy goal-scorer, the kind that will put fans in the seats. I think Seguin will fit well with the Bruins, because we can always move somebody to the wing (in fact Bergie is a pretty darn good wing). But I think Hall would be a better fit because of his goal scoring touch. For those fans that who rather Hall than Seguin (or Seguin than Hall), what is the best move for the Bruins? Do they trade up in order to ensure they get who they want, or do you just take whoever Edmonton doesn't?
    Posted by bennyjo30

::headdesk::

Both Hall and Seguin have said (and displayed) that they can play either left wing, right wing or center. Chiarelli has also said this. Chiarelli made a POINT of saying this. Now why, do you think, he would do that?

Hall/Seguin on the wing + Savvy/Krejci at center = goals. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: Sequin or Hall??? : ::headdesk:: Both Hall and Seguin have said (and displayed) that they can play either left wing, right wing or center. Chiarelli has also said this. Chiarelli made a POINT of saying this. Now why, do you think, he would do that? Hall/Seguin on the wing + Savvy/Krejci at center = goals. 
    Posted by duinne

Very good point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Sequin or Hall??

Here are the real questions.

1) how much fun will Bruins fans have for the next decade?
    a) boatloads
    b) shipload
    c) tons
    d) all of the above

2) how many Stanley cups will the Bruins win in the next decade?
    a) 2
    b) 4
    c) 6
    d) 10

3) how many times will I old post troll "Chiarelli hoodwinked by Burke" over the next 2 years?
    a) 137
    b) 256
    c) 758
    d) 1321

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Doesn't really matter...

Pick whichever one that Edmonton doesn't pick...

In terms of talent, it's six of one and half dozen of the other...

PS - To answer the above question # 3, I hope it's d) 1321...

Just don't say in on the Mop and Pail in Canada or they'll likely censor you off...

Leaf fans hate freedom of speech ! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I am also waiting for the thread to come up on who the Bruins will select with the Leafs' Number #1 pick in 2011 because I see Edmonton improving next season -- not so sure about the 29th placed Leafs...

Adam Larsson would also look good in Black and Gold, methinks... 

Sections
Shortcuts