sequin vs hall ohl playoffs game 1 tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: sequin vs hall ohl playoffs game 1 tonight

Bruins 8,
    for one are the bruins better with kessel, there really is no answer to this.. say what you want, but the fact is you cant prove it, Toronto gave up no roster players to acquire kessel are the better with him? to keep him we would have had to trade other players, and these team could have actually have been in worse shape then it is.. For every goal he scores going one way hes given up over one coming back the other way..

Coming into the season if you knew that ryder would slump, wheeler would regress savard would be hurt, lucic would be hurt, and sturm would go ice cold just in time for playoffs, PC may have moved some of these guys to keep kessel, but if we moved ryder and sturm (which would have been tough to do) we would have gotten 30 goals rfom kessel, losing the 35 they have scored, and have to have filled their spots with marchand and ? bitz maybe doesnt get traded etc??  Keeping in mind both of these guys are actually + players when kessel isnt..

Savard hasnt played much and who knows if kessel has similar chemistry with bergeron or krejci..

that being said i do think they are slightly better, but i dont think its night and day of the 20 break aways i have seen us flounder, is kessel picks up 5 of those he probably burys 2-3.. in the shoot out were 9-9? maybe we go up to 14-5..

the team scores a few more goals, the team gives up a few more goals.. but you honestly can't compare this years team to last year team cause kessel isnt the "missing link" lots of actual "character guys" are out chemistry is off, and there are clearly locker room issues as there have been all year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Kessel hasn't turned out to be a 40 goal guy yet even thou you make it seem that he has done this his whole career.

Can think of another one way player, that actually can boast that he hit over 40 goals a couple years ago, that also played for the Bruins. Many thought that he was going to be a 30 plus scorer every year since and this year with only 13 goals he will be lucky to hit 15.  Brad Boyes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: sequin vs hall ohl playoffs game 1 tonight:
    ok after seguin and hall  your telling me there are for sure better players than kessell you are 100 percent positive they will turn out to be 40 goal guys?
    Posted by bruins8

never said that at all bruins8.there you go making sh#t up again. not once did i say they'd be better then kessel or 40 goal scorers. i told you to answer my question and then i'll answer you. you're avoiding my question bruins8. c'mon let's hear an answer then i'll tell you what i think. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

winexpos , if you notice bruins8 when confronted with a question he doesn't know the answer to reverts back to saying the same thing over and over again to deflect attention away from the fact that he doesn't know much about the subject at hand. He always goes back to comments like ........ you guys are crazy.......you don't actually think they will be better then kessel .......kessel will be a guaranteed 40 goal scorer for the next 10 years ........ and other favourite lines of his even though you've just finished asking him who do you like in the draft. bruins8 and I have discussed this topic since January and I am still waiting for him to answer most of the questions I've asked him. Hopefully bruins8 if you're reading this you'll understand that a discussion works better if you ask a question and I answer . I ask a question and you answer. Things would go much smoother if you would do this .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bruins 8, for one are the bruins better with kessel, there really is no answer to this.. say what you want, but the fact is you cant prove it, Toronto gave up no roster players to acquire kessel are the better with him? to keep him we would have had to trade other players, and these team could have actually have been in worse shape then it is.. For every goal he scores going one way hes given up over one coming back the other way.. Coming into the season if you knew that ryder would slump, wheeler would regress savard would be hurt, lucic would be hurt, and sturm would go ice cold just in time for playoffs, PC may have moved some of these guys to keep kessel, but if we moved ryder and sturm (which would have been tough to do) we would have gotten 30 goals rfom kessel, losing the 35 they have scored, and have to have filled their spots with marchand and ? bitz maybe doesnt get traded etc??  Keeping in mind both of these guys are actually + players when kessel isnt.. Savard hasnt played much and who knows if kessel has similar chemistry with bergeron or krejci.. that being said i do think they are slightly better, but i dont think its night and day of the 20 break aways i have seen us flounder, is kessel picks up 5 of those he probably burys 2-3.. in the shoot out were 9-9? maybe we go up to 14-5.. the team scores a few more goals, the team gives up a few more goals.. but you honestly can't compare this years team to last year team cause kessel isnt the "missing link" lots of actual "character guys" are out chemistry is off, and there are clearly locker room issues as there have been all year.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

rolerhoky19, i apologize for you having to read all this crap between me and bruins8 because i enjoy reading your posts and respect your opinion. i think that the above post was well said and agree with everything. P.S. back to my 3 month long debate with my friend bruins8.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

to answer your question yes a good draft can help anyteam and this draft the bs are well positioned to do so, but do you trust chia will make right picks? he said in oct on an interview on nesn.."i will use some of the picks to improve the team at the deadline if needed"....that never happened..he shouldve never not replaced kessell big mistake...for all his faults..he is a proven scorer..those are hard to come by and the bs have proven this, this season, going forward i'd love for one of these kids to step in and be an impact player..i dont see it happen until atleast yr 3...if they even land seguin or hall..the bs need help now not in the future..im with you all on this...we all want 1 thing...the bs to get better..we had a sure thing in kessel in my opinion chia blew it..like brian burke said "we got phil to score" "i will get other guys to fill other roles"  you see what the effect has done on this team...it has hurt everyone on the roster..because they now need to play agianst top checking lines.. but again if the bs dont land 1 or 2 there is no way we won this deal unless who we draft really develops into a star..because kessel why not a superstar was a very good player he is 17th overall in goals..missing 10 games...full 82 he be top 10 cmon stop denying the kid is a player....my beef is chia hasnt replaced him and it hurts the bs alot...now and the future..unless of course we luck out win lottery and hall is what u advertise him to be 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

to answer your question yes a good draft can help anyteam and this draft the bs are well positioned to do so, but do you trust chia will make right picks? he said in oct on an interview on nesn.."i will use some of the picks to improve the team at the deadline if needed"....that never happened..he shouldve never not replaced kessell big mistake...for all his faults..he is a proven scorer..those are hard to come by and the bs have proven this, this season, going forward i'd love for one of these kids to step in and be an impact player..i dont see it happen until atleast yr 3...if they even land seguin or hall..the bs need help now not in the future..im with you all on this...we all want 1 thing...the bs to get better..we had a sure thing in kessel in my opinion chia blew it..like brian burke said "we got phil to score" "i will get other guys to fill other roles"  you see what the effect has done on this team...it has hurt everyone on the roster..because they now need to play agianst top checking lines.. but again if the bs dont land 1 or 2 there is no way we won this deal unless who we draft really develops into a star..because kessel why not a superstar was a very good player he is 17th overall in goals..missing 10 games...full 82 he be top 10 cmon stop denying the kid is a player....my beef is chia hasnt replaced him and it hurts the bs alot...now and the future..unless of course we luck out win lottery and hall is what u advertise him to be 
    Posted by bruins8

thankyou bruins8 for your opinion,appreciated it. agree that pc didn't fill the void for goal scoring when kessel was traded. at the time he said that those picks would be used for a scorer the Toronto pick was thought to net the B's a mid 1st round and that the B's would be as good as last year . But things have happened since he has said that . The Leafs have gone for a sh#t and made that pick to be much more valuable than first thought . Second the B's season has been a big disappointment and whether you'll admit it or not ( I know you won't) their chances of a cup this year are slim to none. Prices at the deadline were over priced for players such as Ray Whitney . ( reported at least a 1st rounder).  Glad PC didn't give in for players who were too pricey. Now if you can answer my question about whether you have seen any draft prospects I'll tell you what I think of certain players other then Hall/Seguin in the draft and whether I think they'll be 40 goal scorers or as good as kessel . 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

havent seen them but i have read alot about some of them....and from i read only the top 2 can be nhl ready...even if we get one that is nhl ready...to what extent is he ready..i dont feel like waiting 3-4 years...granted pc had nothing to trade for at the deadline but that was his fault waiting to long....why didnt he make a move in dec jan when it was apparent the team was struggling to score?  why not kovalchuk? (with a signed extension) when you got these type of picks and a top pivot man in savard  you make a bold move especially when team is struggling..and to your point about moves need to be made for the future because a cup is not a reality...well thats because pc chose not to make the bold moves to make it a contender...this team was right there last season..and has a very strong core here...savy bergy krejci is as deep a center core you will find...chara siendberg and the d is very solid for most part and goalies are very good...they only need wingers 1 or 2 top guys and this tem could win it all...kovy with savy wouldve made all the difference...because then it opens up so much more space for the other 2 lines...you follow me...rebuilding is seguin-hall bs are not rebuilding they need the now player kovy kessel etc

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

havent seen them but i have read alot about some of them....and from i read only the top 2 can be nhl ready...even if we get one that is nhl ready...to what extent is he ready..i dont feel like waiting 3-4 years...granted pc had nothing to trade for at the deadline but that was his fault waiting to long....why didnt he make a move in dec jan when it was apparent the team was struggling to score?  why not kovalchuk? (with a signed extension) when you got these type of picks and a top pivot man in savard  you make a bold move especially when team is struggling..and to your point about moves need to be made for the future because a cup is not a reality...well thats because pc chose not to make the bold moves to make it a contender...this team was right there last season..and has a very strong core here...savy bergy krejci is as deep a center core you will find...chara siendberg and the d is very solid for most part and goalies are very good...they only need wingers 1 or 2 top guys and this tem could win it all...kovy with savy wouldve made all the difference...because then it opens up so much more space for the other 2 lines...you follow me...rebuilding is seguin-hall bs are not rebuilding they need the now player kovy kessel etc
    Posted by bruins8

Again that is your opinion on how close this team is . I disagree . Last years' team I could see your point of making a bold move . This years' team you are in the minority on how close they are. You say make a trade for a 40 goal scorer. Only 5 40 goal scorers to date . Crosby , Ovie , Stamkos , Marleau and Gaborik. Can you see any of these guys getting traded ? Obviously no. Although Marleau's a free agent. You say PC  should have made a trade for Kovy. Well he got traded and still hasn't signed a comtract with the Devils so who's to say that he would sign with anybody until he's a UFA July 1. Also I don't like rentals when you have to give up assets for a few months of work. Now to the draft . After hall/seguin is there a player as good as Kessel or who will score 40 . Obviously no. Even Hall/Seguin won't . There's only 5 as of today that have scored 40. Why would a rookie ? Even Kessel hasn't scored 40 and don't give me a projected total over 82 games because that is not a true total. ( that is a crystal ball total .How does anybody know what a player would do over games he has missed . He might go in a slump or he might go on a streak. Who knows ? )If the B's pick 3rd and Hall / Seguin aren't there then I think they take one of the 3 defencemen Fowler , Gormley or Gudbranson. In my opinion they are the best players available after Hall/Seguin . But if they're going to take a forward I would like to see them take the Russian Alexander Burmistrov from the Barrie Colts. Other then Hall / Seguin he is the best forward I've seen . You asked if I thought that if the B's didn't get Hall/Seguin would I think that the trade would be still worth it . Yes, because they get that top player this year plus the 2nd and next years' 1st from Toronto. Why can't we use a 1st from next year to acquire a scorer ? Next years draft isn't as strong as this years' draft. Your opinion on Kessel is a lot different than mine . I see way too many holes in his game . ( floater, weak defensively and a turnover machine ).You also said the problem with the pick is you don't trust the B's management in making the pick. What other choice do we have ? He's our GM and have to trust his and the scouts decision. I still believe in PC because I still remember the mess that O'Connell left him and how he has improved the teamsince he took over. Also because we watch the OHL doesn't mean we can't watch the B's at the same time. Didn't you watch Bos/Fla and NYI/Pha the other night ? Finally Kessel is long gone .He's not coming back . Not a Bruin and the deal's been done so it's time to move on from him because I thought you said you were a Bruin fan . Kessel is not a Bruin anymore and wanting him back won't get him there.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

nice post....kessel is a good player top 6 forward on any team thats a fact.... he scores and has speed not many players in todays game have that..  dont need a crystal ball to see he would get 40 over 82...but for your sake say he doesnt score again he still has 30 goals thats not bad....  chia needs to make things happen when it comes to trades be creative..like another boston gm danny ainge...have the b#lls to try..dont just sit there..we are in the 8 spot because of chia...injuries have taken their toll and all players have slumped that being said the blame is on chia..with kes or replacement despite all of what i mentioned bs still would win the division...they have lost 27 games by 2 or less.. you think kes wouldve gotten us some more points?  listen he is gone and now we only can go forward and chia has cleaned up moc mess nicely but that doesnt mean he needs to take this conservative approach that theo epstein seems to be taking...have the you know what to go for it..if it doesnt work atleast he can say he tried...he cost us atleast 5 spots in the standings.....him alone...lied to the fans media everybody..i saw the interview first it was kessel will b back next month it was we will use picks to replace him if needed....then finally noone that made sense..well chia go make sense if there isnt a trade to be made make one atleast try... am i am happy you watch ohl hockey i would to if it was telivised i just get caught up in the emotion sometimes and loose my cool..its that hockey guy in me...so i hope we can be friends out here...go bs  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yukamatta409. Show yukamatta409's posts

[QUOTE]let me remind you seguin was cut from world jr....that means the coaches did not think he was GOOD enough to play with the others...just because stall, doughty didnt make and became good players..doesnt mean seguin will....and can i remind you the bruins may not land hall or seguin..why do you all keep overlooking this...we had a good scorer in kessel...to trade him for a kid we hope we get and we hope devlops is in my opinion crazy...and yes he is a 40 goal guy...he has 30 in 64 cmon now thats just about a goal every other game sztop denying he is a talent
    Posted by bruins8[/Q   Do yourself a favor and stop with the "seguin didn't make wjc"  a statement like that really shows how little you know. You can also add last years #2 pick (seguins projected spot)matt duchene didnt make the team last yr either yet he would be leading the  bruins in goals and points. Also when you say how good the bruins would be wth kessel are you factoring in the fact that krejci

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

nice post....kessel is a good player top 6 forward on any team thats a fact.... he scores and has speed not many players in todays game have that..  dont need a crystal ball to see he would get 40 over 82...but for your sake say he doesnt score again he still has 30 goals thats not bad....  chia needs to make things happen when it comes to trades be creative..like another boston gm danny ainge...have the b#lls to try..dont just sit there..we are in the 8 spot because of chia...injuries have taken their toll and all players have slumped that being said the blame is on chia..with kes or replacement despite all of what i mentioned bs still would win the division...they have lost 27 games by 2 or less.. you think kes wouldve gotten us some more points?  listen he is gone and now we only can go forward and chia has cleaned up moc mess nicely but that doesnt mean he needs to take this conservative approach that theo epstein seems to be taking...have the you know what to go for it..if it doesnt work atleast he can say he tried...he cost us atleast 5 spots in the standings.....him alone...lied to the fans media everybody..i saw the interview first it was kessel will b back next month it was we will use picks to replace him if needed....then finally noone that made sense..well chia go make sense if there isnt a trade to be made make one atleast try... am i am happy you watch ohl hockey i would to if it was telivised i just get caught up in the emotion sometimes and loose my cool..its that hockey guy in me...so i hope we can be friends out here...go bs  
    Posted by bruins8

Kessel is  a scorer , plain and simple . But i don't like the rest of his game . Can you not be a scorer and do other things well too. hard along the boards, play sound defensively, smart decisions with the puck in your own end , all things that I think Kessel is real bad at . His play in these areas of the game is what seperates him from some of the other goal scorers in the league and brings down the value of his game in my opinion. He is not an all around player and that's why i'm critical of his game . I appreciate a hard working player 200 feet of the ice not just from the redline to the other goalie.i understand people's frustration with pc but his mistake was saying something and not delivering ( he never should have said it). do people think he didn't try ? would people want him to make a trade and give away too much and not have it work out (cup) ? PC hasn't been here for 39 years and his job is to make this team better now AND FOR THE LONG TERM. do you do that by giving away top picks ? my opinion No. Go through the top 30 point getters in the league and you'll see that about 25 of them were either 1st or 2nd round picks. The b' have some good 1st's and 2nd's on the team ( bergeron , lucic, stuart , krecji) and more on the way ( colborne, caron , sauve, 4 1st's and 4 2nd's the next 2 years ) . can we not build a team through the draft ? all the good teams are doing it .why not us. i appreciate the draft and understand that this a major reason why teams stay good for so long. i wish others on these boards recognized the same thing. keep the picks and be patient with this gm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

kessel is a a scorer...atleast we agree on that...like burke says thats why we got him all that other stuff you mentioned weak in own zone not tough etc etc you have other players to fill roles for..you need to score in the game of hockey plain and simple..look no further than thur game vs fla 1-0.. and my point about bs losing so many 1-2 goal games..you need a guy to steal you pts..and in ot 4 on 4  shootouts kessel is such a valuable piece...but he is gone..we have to talk about the here and now...and i think while chia has done some smart moves and made this team alot better than where it was when he arrived..he has also made alot of ? moves...thomas lucic deals are insane...letting kes go with no replacement insane..and many more..what im afraid of going forward is chia willingness to make the bold move...i dont think conservative works i really dont..nowadays you have to be proactive...and take chances..all chances come with it pentalies if you are wrong but at somepoint you need 2 live a little...we cant rely on hope and dreams of high draft picks devloping into stars..especially when the core here is in their prime age!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Winexpos, any word on whether any B's brass will be at the game ? And you must be happy to see Jack Campbell going to play for the Spits next year . What are they going to do with Grubauer and Campbell both in the mix ? What do you think of Grubauer as a possible pick for the B's ? Would he be worth a look ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Today's paper stated that Chiarelli was at the game Thurs. along with the GM's from Edmonton, Tampa and the Islanders.
    Nill from the Red Wings also reported earlier that he was going and sending scouts.
    Upper part of the arena where the scouts and GM's sit was packed Thurs. as were the suites where they also sit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

alot good thats gonna do the bruins tonight or in last 5 trying to get in playoffs...alot of good  for savard next yr instead of getting 40 from kessel we will get 20 if lucky from some draft pick

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

alot good thats gonna do the bruins tonight or in last 5 trying to get in playoffs...alot of good  for savard next yr instead of getting 40 from kessel we will get 20 if lucky from some draft pick
    Posted by bruins8

bruins8 you really need to get over it, Kessel is gone and is not coming back.  4 games left in the regular season and your still whining about the trade. 

Still have yet to see any stats that say that Kessel scored 40 goals in a season but the way you make it sound he's done it his whole career.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

In Response to Re: sequin vs hall ohl playoffs game 1 tonight : bruins8 you really need to get over it, Kessel is gone and is not coming back.  4 games left in the regular season and your still whining about the trade.  Still have yet to see any stats that say that Kessel scored 40 goals in a season but the way you make it sound he's done it his whole career.
    Posted by winexpos

Kessel did help the bruins get a point tonight by not getting his body in front of that shot by chara,easily could have blocked that,just another thing he doesnt do.Great scorer but theres so much more to hockey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: sequin vs hall ohl playoffs game 1 tonight : bruins8 you really need to get over it, Kessel is gone and is not coming back.  4 games left in the regular season and your still whining about the trade.  Still have yet to see any stats that say that Kessel scored 40 goals in a season but the way you make it sound he's done it his whole career.
    Posted by winexpos

bruins8 posts since january . either says kessel , 40 goal scorer or hall/seguin over 100 times . does this sound like someone with a repetitive problem ?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i just want the bs to win....and to me losing kessel is their biggest problem now...i mean 8 ga in 11 games yet only 5-3  fine lets all make a deal...i wont talk about kessel if you guys stop talking about draft and lets both only talk about the rest of this season until it ends then we can talk about draft>>>deal?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

i just want the bs to win....and to me losing kessel is their biggest problem now...i mean 8 ga in 11 games yet only 5-3  fine lets all make a deal...i wont talk about kessel if you guys stop talking about draft and lets both only talk about the rest of this season until it ends then we can talk about draft />>>deal?
    Posted by bruins8

The only good this deal does is keep you quiet about Kessel.

As for talking about the draft you don't have anything to offer as you have stated that you don't watch the OHL and only read about Hall and Seguin in the paper.  You wouldn't have a clue who any of the other draft eligible players are from the CHL. 

Last time I checked this was a discussion site and for the most part the rest on here use it to give their take on the Bruins without having to say the same thing over and over and over for months.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

i just want the bs to win....and to me losing kessel is their biggest problem now...i mean 8 ga in 11 games yet only 5-3  fine lets all make a deal...i wont talk about kessel if you guys stop talking about draft and lets both only talk about the rest of this season until it ends then we can talk about draft />>>deal?
    Posted by bruins8

the difference in what we talk about is you are talking about the past (kessel). gone . wearing a maple leaf on the front of his sweater. no longer a bruin. we are talking about our possible future players in the draft. and don't say you'll stop talking about your boyfriend because we all know it's not going to happen. from now till the draft i have decided to have a little fun with your posts. every time you mention 'kessel' and '40 goal scorers' they will be determined to be goals. 'hall/seguin' will be counted as assists. let's see how many points you can get. let the bruins8 point totals begin !

Sections
Shortcuts