Seriously Can the B's Get the Third or Fourth Pick???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackedwardsbrownteeth1726. Show jackedwardsbrownteeth1726's posts

Seriously Can the B's Get the Third or Fourth Pick???

The right package would do it but what is the right package. I say toronto's 1st next year prob a 2nd this year a few good roster players like hamill and Lehtonen and another 2 next year? What do you guys think??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

Re: Seriously Can the B's Get the Third or Fourth Pick???

In Response to Seriously Can the B's Get the Third or Fourth Pick???:
    The right package would do it but what is the right package. I say toronto's 1st next year prob a 2nd this year a few good roster players like hamill and Lehtonen and another 2 next year? What do you guys think??
    Posted by jackedwardsbrownteeth1726

Since when are Hamill and Lehtonen "Good roster Players"?

Anyways,

To me the X factor is our sucess of drafting in the 2nd round: Here are a few names...

Yuri Alexanderov (our top D prospect)
    David Krejci
    Patrice Bergeron
    Maxime Sauve (one of our better prospects)

Would the price of moving up get us a better player? Yes, probably...but we could be giving up the next Krejci or Bergeron in the making...

In a draft this deep I think we have chance to grab 3 or 4 very good prospects!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackedwardsbrownteeth1726. Show jackedwardsbrownteeth1726's posts

I wasn't suggesting that they were amazing but they're not bad. And if they can move up to three or four and draft Fowler that would be worth giving up a potential Krejci or Bergeron since we already have both of them

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Your gonna have a hard time finding a team that would give up Fowler, Gudbranson or Gormley.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well, yeah, anything can happen, but how far are you willing to go to make it happen?  The second you start throwing in Hamill and Lehtonen as though "not bad" AHL players (to date) will convince Florida or Columbus to pass on Fowler or Gudbranson (I think Gormley is a relatively distance 3rd, personally), you're not committed enough to making it happen.  Start instead with, not a potential Krejci or Bergeron, but Krejci or Bergeron.  If you want it to happen.  Otherwise, you're dreaming because, while it's possible that Toronto's 2011 #1 will be top 3-5, it's not a lock, so acquiring a second round pick to move down an unknown number of slots and into a weaker draft and delaying that first for a year?  For two teams that haven't had much of a sniff of the playoffs since the Year of the Rat?  Not likely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Boston has enough prospects and picks to pull off a deal, although I'm not sure what it would cost. You have to ask yourself if it is worth the price. A wealthy person still has to be responsible with his money to remain wealthy. We are wealthy with prospects so we need to be careful with our assets so we don't end up like the Toronto Maple Leafs who have no future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

They probably could if they pulled off a few other moves before acquiring either pick, but I think it would cost too much to make it happen. We're talking about multiple picks/ prospects that are better saved in the pipeline or for other positional needs. I would love to get Fowler or Gudbranson but I think we would be better off picking a player like Etem or Merill with the 17th overall pick and then another good prospect with the 32nd. We're in a great position to build a dynasty that can sustain itself for years to come, we just need the right players for the time being and the right prospects for the future.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Bruins are one win away from it being the 24th overall pick, not the 17th.  So Merrill's probably still on the table, but not Etem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

After the Oilers and Bruins, you got teams like Florida and Columbus, etc.  These teams desperately need to draft a hot player to kickstart their franchises.  They're not gonna accept a trade that includes a bunch of fat contracts, veterans in their 30's, and a bunch of so-so prospects like Zach Hamill.  It's fun to dream, but sometimes you gotta think what the other teams are looking for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackedwardsbrownteeth1726. Show jackedwardsbrownteeth1726's posts

If they can't get Fowler after getting Hall or Seguin, Etem would be the next best thing, he is filthy. Nino Niederreiter would be great but he'll probably be picked. Tyler Toffoli and Stanislav Galiev look like they'd be good as well

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

I get to watch Galiev regularly here in Saint John Sea Dog territory.   He is the real deal!   Whoever gets Galiev is going to be very, very happy in a couple years!

I watched a game the other Friday and he scored a Bobby Orr flying through the air type goal though a couple guys.   Actually dove to get to the puck and got off the wicked wrister part way though the air!   He then made great behind the net pass for another goal later in the game.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Bookboy, the B's don't fall in the draft until they get to the conference finals. The way the league is set up they don't like to move teams around after the final standings unless they win the cup, or come extremely close to it. Carolina only jumped us in the draft when they beat us in the Semifinals last year.

I think a trip to the conference finals would be worth falling in the draft though, even if we don't make it to the cup. Any sign of progess is reassuring, especially given how much our team is going to improve over the next 2 seasons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

To FLA: 1st in 2010(17th Overall), 2nd in 2010(47th Overall), 1st in 2011(TOR), Matt Hunwick
    To BOS: 1st in 2010(3rd Overall, Erik Gudbranson)

To CLB: 1st in 2010 (17th Overall), 2nd in 2010(32nd Overall), 1st in 2011(TOR), Tommy Cross
    To BOS: 1st in 2010(4th Overall, Cam Fowler), 7th in 2010(184th Overall)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Very good points about the draft Joeschmo. That's why I like these threads here at Boston.com .... you can learn something all the time.

Using last year's draft as guidance, the Bruins indeed will have the 17th pick of the draft this year, less of course they advance to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Should the Bruins advance to the Eastern Conference Finals and not advance to the Stanley Cup Finals, they will have the 27th pick.

Should the Bruins advance to the Eastern Conference Finals, and also advance to the Stanley Cup Finals, they will have the 29th or 30th pick, depending on whether they win the Stanley Cup or not.

Last year's Final Standings, 2009 Result of the Playoffs, and the 2009 NHL Entry Draft Order of Selections, supports this conclusion. Check out these sites.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20082009&type=lea
    http://www.hockey-reference.com/playoffs/NHL_2009.html
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=425880

Notice how SJ (the best team in the regular season in 2009), eliminated in the 1st round last year, did not get the 22nd pick, but rather the 26st pick (which eventually got traded to NYI).

Sections
Shortcuts