Settle Down Savy!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsdel1. Show bsdel1's posts

Settle Down Savy!

Can't say that I blame him but it looks to me that Savard does not want the puck on his stick. He's talking really quick shots from all over the place instead of holding and waiting for a passing lane to open up like he usually does and sooo many one touch passes to nowhere in particular?? Not as bad on the PP but 5on5 I think somethings up!! Take your time and look Marc, burning a charging defender with a perfect set up will give you time and space!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Settle Down Savy!

I definitely think he looks afraid of getting hit out there since coming back, he seems to be getting rid of the puck as quickly as possible when he does get it, many times turning it over in the process.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Glad someone put this up!  Savard was not good last night.  Multiple occasions where the easy play was the right play - including the two on one with Lucic charging to the net - and Savard tried to do something else only to give the puck away.  His passes were soft and easily picked off, and he seems to have no sense of where anyone is on the ice.  Definitely signs of having been away on a long layoff, but you hit it right on the head - settle down Savy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

The whole team looked out of sync last night.  The only line that looked halfway decent was Bergy's.

The impact of losing Krejci was significant and very evident last night.  I hope they can find another scoring line for Monday, because i don't want to feel what I felt last year 2nd round, 7th game, at home..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I thought Satan and Lucic were pretty good, actually, but Savard became a black hole for that line.  They retrieve the puck, move it around, get it to Savard, and he's spaz it over to the Flyers.  Half the time, Lucic or the D would get it back, and Savard spazzed it over again.

I'm being hard on him, but my point is that I'm hopeful.  Savard's hockey-smart.  He'll look at the film and realize how much he was overthinking, and I'm guessing he'll be a lot better on Monday.

Re: Bergeron's line.  Paille is killing them the way Sturm was killing them.  It's not just not converting, it's the way they handle the puck.  Once or twice a game, Bergeron gets the put just inside the blueline and moves to the high slot, then dishes over to Paille on the left wing and drives the near post.  Paille gets the puck with a little space and time.  He has two or three options: he can take the puck to the net and take advantage of the lane Bergeron's created, he can pass cross ice to Recchi, or he can rip it on net.  One of two things happens: he flubs the pass and ends up carrying the puck behind the net (or getting stripped) or he shoots.  When he shoots, he misses the net or gets the shot blocked, turning the play back the other way.  It was the same with Sturm except he'd float one right into the goalie's glove. 

Solution?  My first thought, a la game one when Sturm went down - put Begin there.  He isn't fluid, but I think he'd be more productive than Lunch Paille.  I like Paille for a lot of reasons, and I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but he can't be on the top line.  Much like Ax that way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Hell yeah, a guy coming off a concussion and a two-month layoff should be picture perfect! Especially in the Stanley Cup playoffs, 'cause you know the opposition aren't, y'know, trying very hard!

NO MISTAKES SAVVY WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Where do you folks come from?  This game went into OT and was a total nail bitter to the end.  It is a best of 7 and the last one is usually the hardest but I see alot of you are new to all this.

I guess the Sharks need to swap goalies, bench Pavalski and the fan base should panic like little school girls. 

Baseball is on the other channel, I suggest most of you go back to that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Give the guy a chance to feel the flow of the playoffs he's been off for 7 weeks!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Settle Down Savy!:
    Where do you folks come from?  This game went into OT and was a total nail bitter to the end.  It is a best of 7 and the last one is usually the hardest but I see alot of you are new to all this. I guess the Sharks need to swap goalies, bench Pavalski and the fan base should panic like little school girls.  Baseball is on the other channel, I suggest most of you go back to that.
    Posted by ssags111

Sarcasm, Massachusetts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

In Response to Re: Settle Down Savy! : Sarcasm, Massachusetts.
    Posted by duinne

Not familiar, must be on the North Shore with the other pink hatters. 

:)  Sarcastic enough?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clyde-Fitch. Show Clyde-Fitch's posts

Maybe the point is that an extra game(game 5) for savy and stuart might not be the worse thing for the Bruins.  If the b's won last night they would be looking at about 7days off.  Practice is fine, but it won't help savy and stuart get their game back.

there is no way that the bruins would have lost last night (game 4) if they were in boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Good point Clyde.

I'm surprised this thread attracted so much sarcasm.  I thought the original post was pretty measured in the way it pointed out exactly how the long layoff is affecting Savard.  No one said he stinks or that he cost them the game or that he should be traded or that Lehtonen should play instead or that he's going to cost them the series or that he's responsible for cancer in rhesus monkeys or whatever it is that seems to have touched a nerve.  My point, like the OP's point, was that his problem seems to be mental more than physical, and he needs to settle down and try to get his feel back.  I'm pretty confident he will - but saying he wasn't good on Friday is little more than an observation.  Do we need Luanne to return - common enemy to unite us and all that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Maybe the point is that an extra game(game 5) for savy and stuart might not be the worse thing for the Bruins.  If the b's won last night they would be looking at about 7days off.  Practice is fine, but it won't help savy and stuart get their game back.
    Posted by Clyde-Fitch

You can add Whitfield to that list. 

My biggest concern is the physical punishment that they are taking in the process of staying in game shape.  The Flyers are a tough team normally.  They get tougher and more dirty when they get desperate.  Keeping them on the brink of elimination may take a physical toll that the Bruins cannot afford. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to
    Keeping them on the brink of elimination may take a physical toll that the Bruins cannot afford. 
    Posted by Mutant211

May take a physical toll?  Where is David Krejci, and why is Richards still healthy?

Boychuk had the right idea last game, hit 'em if it's there.  I saw Chara bitching at him after he took a run at one of them early.  Chara needs to worry about his own game before he starts picking apart Boychuk's.  That really pissed me off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to May take a physical toll?  Where is David Krejci, and why is Richards still healthy? Boychuk had the right idea last game, hit 'em if it's there.  I saw Chara bitching at him after he took a run at one of them early.  Chara needs to worry about his own game before he starts picking apart Boychuk's.  That really pissed me off.
    Posted by bim09

Chara is captain of this team, and it's his job to help keep a rein on his teammates. The last thing the Bruins need to do is be goaded into penalties - that's exactly what the Flyers want.

Yes, keep the crease clear and let the Flyers know they can't get away with cheap shots. But be smart about it. Boychuk has said several times this year that Chara talks to him constantly and has helped him immesurably this season. He'd be the last person to complain about Chara.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

The whole team looked out of sync last night.  The only line that looked halfway decent was Bergy's. The impact of losing Krejci was significant and very evident last night.  I hope they can find another scoring line for Monday, because i don't want to feel what I felt last year 2nd round, 7th game, at home..
    Posted by bim09

In the old days of carburetors, it was evident when the engine was missing. It just didn't run efficiently. The loss of KRECJI will require a lot of adjustments. His crafty and subtle play will be very difficult to replace. All of the other components that drive the BRUINS will have to make up for this slight hesitation for the trip to continue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Bottom line, i want someone to go to the hospital for xrays.  Chara should worry about not making tape to tape passes to the opponent for game winners and make smart plays himself.

Let Boychuk lower the boom.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Bottom line, i want someone to go to the hospital for xrays.  Chara should worry about not making tape to tape passes to the opponent for game winners and make smart plays himself. Let Boychuk lower the boom.
    Posted by bim09

You mean smart plays like blocking two shots that got past Rask and were headed for the net, the way he did Friday?

Whether it's Chara or Boychuk who gets tossed for a deliberately dirty play, the Flyers will take it. Last year the Canadiens were constantly hitting after the whistle, trying to goad the Bruins into penalties. Other than a shot by Lucic (who later admitted he made a mistake) that resulted in a one-game suspension, they were successful in resisting taking the bait. The Flyers are doing the same thing. It may satisfy some blood-thirsty fans for the Bruins to retaliate, but that would be playing right into the Flyers' hands. The best revenge comes in winning the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

In Response to Re: Settle Down Savy! : In the old days of carburetors, it was evident when the engine was missing. It just didn't run efficiently. The loss of KRECJI will require a lot of adjustments. His crafty and subtle play will be very difficult to replace. All of the other components that drive the BRUINS will have to make up for this slight hesitation for the trip to continue.
    Posted by watchtower

Although I agree the loss of Krejci is immense, I don't feel that one player lost in the series will decide it. The Bruins have suffered all season because of all the injuries they have suffered, they have also gained strength because of it. The team WILL make adjustments and they WILL win. This trip WILL continue. It's not a broken engine, it's a team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

I thought Savard's played pretty well so far, not his best, but pretty good for missing 2 months and hoping into round 2 of the playoffs. He's a plus player and has 3 pts in 4 games, including an assist and a +1 in the last game.

As for how quick he is or isn't releasing the puck, when Savvy is at his best, he almost always distributes the puck quickly, with the exception of when he's on the PP unit. I don't think he looks afraid to get hit, actually I think the opposite, he's been initiating a good bit of contact himself. The biggest issue right now is he just looks a bit rusty. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to
    Whether it's Chara or Boychuk who gets tossed for a deliberately dirty play,
    Posted by duinne

Lowering the boom and dirty play are two completely different things..  Boychuk isn't even a dirty player, so i don't know where that's coming from..  But, he should continue to step up at their blueline and try to deliver as much sternum breaking damage as possible, and his linemates should be aware of it so they can cover for him.

Yes, i'm a little bitter that Krejci was run at and knocked out of the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts