sharp & versteeg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

sharp & versteeg

i know money is tight but we desperetly need some sscoring on the wing, ive read these 2 guys could be availabe this summer, anybody think the bs could possibly land one of these guys

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Re: sharp & versteeg

Nobody wants Ryder unless you take on another bad contract...yes trade Thomas and his bloated contract...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

It would be a good one year fit, ya the salary dump is gonna be dufficult

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Sharp would be a nice add.  He has 2 more years left on his current deal @ $3.9M cap-hit.

Moving Ryder to free-up cap space to acquire Sharp seems really unlikely.  If a team could get Sharp at a slightly lower cost, why would anyone want Ryder?  Plus, there will be plenty of teams in line to acquire the Hawks potential cap dumps, whether it be Sharp, Versteeg, etc., the price will be going up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I would be leary taking on Sharp, for everyone who is talking about dumping ryder to take on a guy with a similap cap hit (plus if you have to buy ryder out do so so factor that money in)..But he is very near in numbers to ryder as well.. 419g 245pts (.58ppg)

ryder is at 470 293 (.62 ppg)

So while sharp has been more consistant, there is nothing that suggest he will out perform ryder this season..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would not mind seeing Versteeg reunited with Krejci those two had chemistry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder had chemistry.  Don't go throwing good money after bad to go get Versteeg just because he was here and got away.

Thanks, Crowls, for making the point that Chicago's cap problem is no secret, so Sharp and Versteeg won't be sitting in a box outside the United Centre with "Free to a Good Home" painted on it, especially if Stan Bowman is in any way his daddy's son.  I'm also not convinced the vultures will just sit back and let Bowman decide who he thinks is expendable. If you're a smart GM, don't you look for ways you might really profit from this situation?  Watch Burke or someone who thinks outside the box, and aggressively, offer to take Huet in a deal for Byfuglien or Bolland.  No idea what Burke would offer, but a deal that clears 8-10M and one good player has to be more appealing than losing two, right?  And now that Hossa has his Cup, maybe he's the odd man on a very young team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: sharp & versteeg:
    I would be leary taking on Sharp, for everyone who is talking about dumping ryder to take on a guy with a similap cap hit (plus if you have to buy ryder out do so so factor that money in)..But he is very near in numbers to ryder as well.. 419g 245pts (.58ppg) ryder is at 470 293 (.62 ppg) So while sharp has been more consistant, there is nothing that suggest he will out perform ryder this season..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

If showing up on the score sheet was the only factor in a game, this rings true.  However, if that were the case, Kessel would be in the Black and Gold.

If we do want to just go with points, recent history is more important that overall career numbers.  Over the past three years, Ryder has averaged 39 point per season, while Sharp has averaged 57.  That's a big difference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder sure did have chemisty in 08-09' they did not this past season that is over and not coming back that line sputtered.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's my point - no way to know for sure if Krejci and Versteeg recapture what they had four years ago in Providence, so chasing Versteeg for that reason is a dicey proposition.  Chase him for his game if you think he's the right guy, but don't go after him just because he's rumoured to be available and he once played well with Krejci in the AHL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would go after Versteeg for one reason and that is his game he's got it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: sharp & versteeg : If showing up on the score sheet was the only factor in a game, this rings true.  However, if that were the case, Kessel would be in the Black and Gold. If we do want to just go with points, recent history is more important that overall career numbers.  Over the past three years, Ryder has averaged 39 point per season, while Sharp has averaged 57.  That's a big difference.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree, but I think ryder actually gave the bruins more in the post season then what showed up on the stat sheet, and I do think he was more physical this yaer then he has been in the past.. Him and sobotka were great together early on in the play offs.. Ryder is more streaky, Sharp more consistent (esp lately)but ryder and krejci both would have put up more points if wheeler showed some finish this year.
    I just dont know that i would want to take on the extra year for what in reality wont be a greatly improved season, should ryder bounce back this year, I would suspect he will he should produce in the 25+ goal range.

Sharp coming from chicago to here is a question mark, does he have a fall off if asked to play a bigger role (thus going against opposing teams top d lines?) does he have a fall off because the supporting offense talent around him is not as strong?

Does he have a  larger role and score more point?

Its not really a safe bet.. If we can trade ryder to make this happen, i am not against it, if were buying him out though, I woulc figure that means we would in essence be paying sharp his 3.9 plus adding 1.3 (5.2 cap hit) for production which hasnt been significantly different)..

I am fine with moving ryder, but I would like to add someone who puts up over 60 pts.. swapping a 50 point guy, for a 55 point guy doesnt seem like enough to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

Yeah, Versteeg's been through the Bruins system once, why would he want to return?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Hey Bookboy, "Free to Good Home", HILARIOUS!!! Maybe we should try that with some of our scrubs, see if there are any takers. I could picture Ryder, Sturm & Wheeler sitting together in a big cardboard box outside the TD Garden, with passing cars slowing to look. TOO FUNNY MAN!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Hawks can take no salary in return for Sharp/Versteeg. So they should be happy with picks - #15, 32, Leafs #1 next year or any combination. Throw in Wheeler. What they need to do is dump Hossa or Campbell. But who would want those bloated contracts? Hossa got what, 1 goal in the finals. Not worth the price. And Campbell was practically invisible. At least Chara is physical most of the time for the same money...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hawks can take no salary in return for Sharp/Versteeg. So they should be happy with picks - #15, 32, Leafs #1 next year or any combination. Throw in Wheeler. What they need to do is dump Hossa or Campbell. But who would want those bloated contracts? Hossa got what, 1 goal in the finals. Not worth the price. And Campbell was practically invisible. At least Chara is physical most of the time for the same money...
    Posted by 49thparallel

So many teams have more to offer.  Beyond that, where would you like to keep that salary?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hawks can take no salary in return for Sharp/Versteeg. So they should be happy with picks - #15, 32, Leafs #1 next year or any combination. Throw in Wheeler. Posted by 49thparallel

Wheeker would work with the Hawks well just about anyone could on that greatly skilled team. Picks are what PC can use he's got plenty but he really can't take any salary back as well salary has just got to go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

either one might be a good move because they seem to have the desire that Ryder lacks. Buyout open soon and we'll see what PC plans to do with Ryder before the draft. Wheeler fits the up and down scenario that PC wants to change, as does hunwick. Do not see Timmy going anywhere unless it's a good deal for the B's. He and Tuuka are next year's combo. Defense needs a  Boychuck deal to be able to have Stuart in the Wheeler/Hunwick category. Chara/Seidenberg; Ference/Wideman; and Boychuck/McQuaid means a set defense with all focus on the wings

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"Chara/Seidenberg; Ference/Wideman; and Boychuck/McQuaid means a set defense"

Boychuk/McQuaid?  Tragic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Bruins need scoring and speed on the wings and Sharp would be the upgrade we need. He is better than most of the wings we have and is very durable which is something the B's need especially in the playoffs. Sharp had a good regular season but was even better in the playoffs. PC said he is going to make changes and Sharp is the type of player he be looking at to do that, he has the picks and propects to get it done but only time will tell.
    PC has other slackers he has to get rid of before he can go after the improvments this team has to make.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sharp and Versteeg, the cap is an issue on not only defense but the whole team.  The management will have to make an assessment as to the chances of winning the cup next year.  Chicago went beyond the cap to capture the cup.  They also had some young players to build a team.  A product of losing so many years in row.  The Bruins are not quite in the same position.  So Sharp and Versteeg would be nice if and only if the Bs were to make a serious run for cup.  Using an Epstein remark 2010-11 is a "bridge" season.  As much as I wish for the Ryder and Thomas contracts to be traded, it looks as if the team will just have a lot of young players.  NAS, I agree on the defense pairings remark.  McQuaid is a 7th defenseman maybe.  Ference and Wideman, IR and MIA line of defense!