Sheldon Souray??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWMCSWEEN. Show DWMCSWEEN's posts

Sheldon Souray??

He was placed on waivers today by the Oilers...this the B's might have some interest???

Link: http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326373

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MassVt. Show MassVt's posts

Re: Sheldon Souray??

Apparently, his cap hit would be 5.4M; has had problems with injuries, and not the greatest "defender", in spite of his offensive capabilities..

I would pass...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

No money for that unless Thomas goes and Hunwick. But this could look pretty good:

Chara-Seidenberg
    Sourray-Boychuck
    Stuart-Ferrence

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

I live in edmonton and i can tell you stay away from Souray...far away...you didnt like Wideman...you really wouldnt like souray...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Everytime some player becomes available, somebody, somewhere wants to know if Boston should try and sign him.
    Who cares if the bruins have no cap space, or that there must be something wrong with the guy, for his old team to put him on waivers.
       Do we really have to debate every single player that becomes available?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Sheldon Souray??:
       Everytime some player becomes available, somebody, somewhere wants to know if Boston should try and sign him. Who cares if the bruins have no cap space, or that there must be something wrong with the guy, for his old team to put him on waivers.    Do we really have to debate every single player that becomes available?
    Posted by biggskye

Agreed, although it can make for some interesting conversations at times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinnut. Show bruinnut's posts

I think if the Bruins could work out a deal that shifts their cap liabities and gives them a better mix of the players they would need, Souray would be a good fit.  Khabibulin and Souray for Thomas Savard and Ference could be a trade like this.  It would actually save the Bruins about 2 mil in Cap space and give them a better mix of what they need and also appeal to Edmonton.  They could use a center we could use a puck moving defenseman with a killer slap shot.  Thomas and Khabibulin are thrown into the deal to make up for the cap hit from Sourays salary and Ference is thrown in because we already have a ton of D-men and could save about 2.25 mil by getting rid of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Pass

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

One question:  Are you kidding?

Two words: absolutely not.

One word: No.

3 things about Souray:
    a) locker room cancer
    b) horrible contract
    c) he isn't any good

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

One question:  Are you kidding? Two words: absolutely not. One word: No. 3 things about Souray: a) locker room cancer b) horrible contract c) he isn't any good
    Posted by BadHabitude

^This

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWMCSWEEN. Show DWMCSWEEN's posts

Gee, guess I got my answer then..nvm....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Yechhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think if the Bruins could work out a deal that shifts their cap liabities and gives them a better mix of the players they would need, Souray would be a good fit.  Khabibulin and Souray for Thomas Savard and Ference could be a trade like this.  It would actually save the Bruins about 2 mil in Cap space and give them a better mix of what they need and also appeal to Edmonton.  They could use a center we could use a puck moving defenseman with a killer slap shot.  Thomas and Khabibulin are thrown into the deal to make up for the cap hit from Sourays salary and Ference is thrown in because we already have a ton of D-men and could save about 2.25 mil by getting rid of him.
    Posted by bruinnut

In order to save $2M in cap space, you want the B's to trade a top six center, a top four defenseman (on some teams) and a guy who won the Vezina two years ago.  In return, the Bruins would get, along with that wonderful $2M in cap space, the pleasure of paying Khabibulin and Souray to be bad people and be injured.

That doesn't seem like the best idea.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Sheldon Souray?? : In order to save $2M in cap space, you want the B's to trade a top six center, a top four defenseman (on some teams) and a guy who won the Vezina two years ago.  In return, the Bruins would get, along with that wonderful $2M in cap space, the pleasure of paying Khabibulin and Souray to be bad people and be injured. That doesn't seem like the best idea.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Oh yeah, forgot all about that, he does get hurt a lot on top of everything else.

He's the complete package I'd say.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

He has a fine looking ex wife...that's about it..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

No Thanks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

No thank you for Souray !

I Think he have at least 10 screw in his wrist......Always injured !

We need a younger & healthy d-man.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

The players r all wrong, but I like the idea. This is the kind of creativity needed from PC. Shift around some salary and fill ur urgent needs w/ creative trades.

Sections
Shortcuts