Should Boston trade Thomas for a goal scorer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7713. Show 7713's posts

Should Boston trade Thomas for a goal scorer?

We need goal scoreing. Spend his money on a goal scorer. Bring Fernandez back?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: Should Boston trade Thomas for a goal scorer?

Answer: NO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

manny fernandez ? i think he went back to playing football with the Dolphins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Wow! Thanks to the wonder of wikipedia I now know that Fernandez was born on THE EXACT SAME DAY as Aaron Downey. That's a big weight of my mind Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Fernandez_(ice_hockey)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbuckley4. Show dbuckley4's posts

No, Thomas prevents more goals per game than any 1-goal per game scorer can get us.  We need two quality goaltenders, which we have now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Wideman for a scorer makes much more sense. I just don't think many teams would go for it.

Senators would probably take TT just so he doesn't play against them again. That's 11 wins in a row now. LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Should the B's trade Rask for a goal scorer? Thomas is NHL proven ,Rask isn't.Anybody remember Andrew Raycroft?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

obviously the bruins are in a need for a game in game out goal scorer....YES they should if the package was right.....of course its not for any tom,dick or harry that has 15+ goals on his resume this yr....it would have to be a pretty special deal if you were to trade him....your teams whole concept would change,so will this happen?  NO?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

I don't think you'll see any more acquisitions untill the trade deadline. We're in 5th place and we have yet to see a heathly Bruins squad. Lucic, Bergeron, Stuart back in and Satan playing with a few weeks under his belt and then we'll see what they can do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

NO.
    MF are you effen kidding me?
    There's good reason why he hasn't been signed by anyone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

r u people serious....thomas is r #1 goalie, rask is a good backup...hes not ready to carry us for the majority of games...look at past 10 games for thomas aot of 1 goal games a shoutout or 2 hes the man...theres a reason hes on the olympic team hes good people!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RayBaz. Show RayBaz's posts

No. But the Wideman for a scorer would be something I'd be okay with. Mr. giveaway please go away. So much for him being an offensive defenseman. His play stunks this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Amazing how these post can become dumber by the day. Bring back Fournandez yea that would work. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thomas is playing to well for you to bash him under your regular id so you made one up. The fact is Thomas is one of the Bruins leaders as well as one of the biggest stars. But congrates after only one post you win the silly post of the week award. Get a clue because at this point in time you have none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Why do people post questions like this? Have they not learned from the past?

Trade Huet and start Price?
    How about our internal problems? Raycroft, Toivonen?

Toivonen had BETTER stats than Rask through his first 9 games a Bruin! But Boston didn't develop him correctly.

Rask is Boston's goalie for the next decade. They need to develop him correctly. They need Thomas in order to do it. Besides, Thomas is too good to give up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

No.  Have you watched the games lately?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Should the B's trade Rask for a goal scorer? Thomas is NHL proven ,Rask isn't.Anybody remember Andrew Raycroft?

So by your definition, the B's should trade all developing goal tending prospects? And Tim Thomas is how old? Put the Sam Adams down, step back, and walk a way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

apparently this love affair for an unproven 3rd-year rookie goalie Rask has gotten out of hand. Is he a good goalie? Yes, is he a No. 1 goalie? uhhhhhhh, i don't think so at this stage. Certainly too early to tell. Why in the world would you trade quite possibly the NHL's most consistent goalie other than Brodeur. Thomas is not the Timmy of Dave Lewis era, he is the Vezina Trophy winner and if anyone watched him the past few games, including the Ottawa win, you'd see why trading him would be a ridiculous move. Look at the meltdowns by a lot of NHL goalies. There are tons of bad goals, and often goalies can't stop breakaways. Thomas seems to do that in his sleep, stop breakaways. How many times has he point blank made a save on a great scorer and had them shaking their heads. He is more acrobatic at age 34 than any other NHL goalie. He just has better sense, better reaction time. Rask is a prototypical tall goalie, i like him, and he's perfect as the Thomas backup, but I'm not throwing the team's pressure squarely on him by trading Thomas for a scorer. It's not up for debate. Enough on dumping Thomas, who has gotten less respect than Tim Wakefield. Both get dumped on because they aren't prototypical in their respective sports. Both are true Boston players, and both are leaders when they play. There are no leaders out there out on that ice other than Thomas.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

who's better Matt Cassel or Tom Brady? that is basically what anyone who tries to play this Rask as No. 1 game is trying to compare. It's just not feasible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdp123. Show rdp123's posts

really-is this serious? Vezina Trophy winner, US Olympic Goaltender, winner of Finnish League title, All American at UVM...c'mon people...lets get our heads out of our KULUs

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Obviously the suggestion about Manny Fernandez is stupid.  I'd love the Manny Fernandez back from the first half of last year, when his numbers were every bit as good as Thomas'.  However, he's broken down and done now.

Its a legitimate concern regarding Rask.  I would like nothing better for the Bruins to trade Thomas for a goal scorer for a million (actually 5 million a year) reasons- Thomas is desperately overrated, gives up bad goals at horrible times, is not the answer for a playoff contender, is getting older, is horrifyingly overpaid, and most importantly is overrated enough right now to bring back the goal scorer the B's desperately need. I'd just love to make that trade.

HOWEVER, as much as I'd rather see Rask in goal, the comparisons to Price are legitimate.  Is it too soon?  He is the future in goal for the B's... do you risk burning him out too early?  I don't allow my distaste for Thomas to cause me to ask too much of Rask.  I guess it depends on the deal... and if they can get an NHL goalie back in the deal that can split time with Rask so he doesnt have to play all the games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

"really-is this serious? Vezina Trophy winner, US Olympic Goaltender, winner of Finnish League title, All American at UVM...c'mon people...lets get our heads out of our KULUs "

Vezina Trophy winner-  So was Jim Carey
    US Olympic goaltender- So was Ray LeBlanc (And Miller, hopefully, will play every minute... AND Anderson should have made it ahead of Thomas)
    Finnish league title & college All American-  Uh... are you serious? Really?

Your argument is laughable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Lets add two seventh man awards, two time winning goalie at the all star game, and the Jenning to his achievments. A white sox fan has no argument he simply dont watch Thomas compete every night. Seems like I seen Rask blow a game against the rangers Monday. One more point is Thomas has gotten points 19 times in 27 games despite terrible offensive production.he has lost 1-0 to the Rangers 2-0 Detroit, 2-1 lightning and so on, thats good goaltending.Outstanding save % and G.A.A. All goalies give up some softies always will so thats also another bad argument even your boy Huet does. Thomas has not achieved all this by mistake and is not only the best goalie in Boston but easily top 5 in the league.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainerguy. Show mainerguy's posts

Two things. #1 This is like when Matt Cassel was playing well and folks were lobbying to trade Brady, minus the injury of course. It would be one thing if the B's were on a crash course with an early off season but they most certainly are not. Yes I agree they need to see more firepower, however it's foolish to get it in exchange for their last and arguably best line of defense in Timmy T. Rask has looked great thus far but Thomas was the best goalie in the league a year ago. This team is competing admirably as it is constructed now. My vote goes for keeping Tim between the pipes.

And #2 Kurako... Best.Avatar.Ever.

*Edit* dcater, I just saw your post saying the same thing I did only 3 hours earlier. My apologies.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I know it would be a huge gamble but I would consider trading Thomas straight up for Jeff Carter.Philly needs a keeper and we need more goals.

Sections
Shortcuts