Should Boston trade Thomas for a goal scorer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Re: Should Boston trade Thomas for a goal scorer?

isnt it all about the system that julien has installed? tim thomas is a great goalie with outstanding venzina stats because of the system that is played by the bruins,as rask has looked great cause of the same,would a veteran goalkeeper come in & look just as good? probably....with this bruins system in mind....would jeff carter or patrick sharp come in & get 40? i doubt it....would kovalchuk come in here & score 40 & jump start a academic PP? i would say yes....so wrapping all this up in 1 mans opinion....if the bruins were to get kovalchuk & be able to sign him for 5 yrs,get a adaquete back up like hedberg.... would you trade thomas? in a heartbeat! is it goin to happen? no! i see them trading picks & potenial for a bonafide PP QB defenseman & see if they can make a run from that....any suggestions on that? streit? edler? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

My post was a sarcastic response to the OP's.Do I want to trade Rask? Of course not,he is a great prospect but he is hardly proven.Now is not the time to trade Thomas  ,anyone who would suggest otherwise is not being realistic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

I think it would be foolish to trade Thomas or Rask. Thomas has, at this late stage in his career, developed into a very good goaltender -still has problems with rebounds though. Rask does look like the goods, but there is no reason to push him at this point - allow him to mature physically, and mentally to the grind of the NHL and retain Thomas as the starter for another year or so. If Tuukka continues to progress, then we're looking at a future goaltending stud but now is not the time to designate him as a starter.

The best way for the Bruins to obtain a top line scorer, is to package a player like Wideman with some draft choices to a club who needs to dump some salary. Nobody, unless they're just foolish, is going to trade a good scorer straight up for Wideman or alike.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

TT is moving up the goaltending list same as last year, Anderson is moving down.

TT 2.31 Ave .921 Save
    Andsy  2.68   .916

They are moving in opposite directions, Too foolish.