Sign Begin? Yea or Nay?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Sign Begin? Yea or Nay?

He was a very important part of the penalty killing.  While he doesn't score too many times, he does a great job preventing the other side from scoring.  If they can get him for around the same money, I would be happy if he returned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Nay, he is not the same pest when with the Canadiens, probably a bi-product of the Julien System.

Marchand can def fill his spot on PK, or let's see what Seguin has got. I prefer having your best players on the PK they are your best players. Pail works because he is possibly the best skater in the league, too bad he can't transfer that to scoring as well.

Pail I keep though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Or were you meaning that Thorn would take his spot on the PK.LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I'd rather take the 800K or so that would be used on him and get Taylor Pyatt...a 12-15 goal scorer compared to a 5-6 goal scorer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Nay...Sobotka should be our 4th line center.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Begin? Yea or Nay?:
    Nay, he is not the same pest when with the Canadiens, probably a bi-product of the Julien System. Marchand can def fill his spot on PK, or let's see what Seguin has got. I prefer having your best players on the PK they are your best players. Pail works because he is possibly the best skater in the league, too bad he can't transfer that to scoring as well. Pail I keep though.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

What is the difference between Paille and Begin?  Paille might be a fast skater, but he couldn't put the puck in the ocean, so that really doesn't matter.

I don't know if Marchand can do what Begin does killing penalies.  Marchand is an AHLer so far, so it's impossible to know.

The Paille/Begin combo works extremely well.  When the B's are not killing penalties well, it's painful to watch.  Nothing was worse than Byron Bitz on the 5-4.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

No on Begin and no on Paille!  They both had their chance this year and did not show up.  The 3rd and 4th line had a ton of ice. Paille was paid about 1.3 mill and not sure on Begin.  Begin had moments of excellence as did Paille particularly in the beginning of the year. When it mattered they both disappeared.  I am all about keeping character guys, but these 2 are not it...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Thanks for your service Begin, but bye.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Either Begin or Paille but not both.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For those who want to get rid of Begin (or Paille):

Who is the replacement?  Before you start listing guys in Providence, remember that the PK is pretty important.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I say no.  I'm concerned about cap management.  And just like Thornton, I have to believe that getting an upgrade with these 4th line guys can't be that hard to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....not enough of what the B's need...we can do better. Paille should go too...if he is kept, he js a 4th liner and PK guy...no finish at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Nay. Sobotka is his replacement.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

The 4th line i would like      Asham(UFA)    Helm(RFA)    Thorton/Marchand

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

NAY!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

To easily replaced.  Every team has their version of Begin, and they can be found easily.  If we didn't re-sign Thornton, I would've liked a Marchand - Colborne - Caron 4th line.  Give them 8 mins a game to get used to the flow of being a full time nhl'er and to gel and get used to playing with each other.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'll echo most.
    Nay.
    Sobotka is your 4th line center/pest.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Good penalty killing and shot blocking is always needed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

NO! while the 4th line was good early in the year they fell into a roll 4 lines & thought they could be the 2nd coming of the 1st line....the 4th line should be used sparingly hopefully bringing energy to the building & the other team honest on which the begin-thornton pairing did nothing in the playoffs for energy nor honesty.....as for paille at least his speed & drive keeps the others teams defensemen honest....the b,s need a left wing energy guy that will go out & take the body,hit anything in a opposite uniform

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nay, he is not the same pest when with the Canadiens, probably a bi-product of the Julien System. Marchand can def fill his spot on PK, or let's see what Seguin has got. I prefer having your best players on the PK they are your best players. Pail works because he is possibly the best skater in the league, too bad he can't transfer that to scoring as well. Pail I keep though. Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Nailed it along with Tuukka's Sobotka comment Cheers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

nay 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Please dont sign Begin. I would rather have PJ Axelson back if we sign another player. I say instead of signing Begin use one of our young players in the 4th line playing those 5 to 10 minutes for the season so he gets to learn the speed and the game at the NHL level.

So NOOOOO

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Please dont sign Begin. I would rather have PJ Axelson back if we sign another player. I say instead of signing Begin use one of our young players in the 4th line playing those 5 to 10 minutes for the season so he gets to learn the speed and the game at the NHL level. So NOOOOO
    Posted by PAULICAS1975

Who is killing your penalties?  Paille on one side, who is on the other?  Would you put a rookie out there?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

There are a lot of unknowns about LW this coming year...
    1. Do the bruins draft TAYLOR HALL?
    2. What is the status of MARCO STURM?
    3. Does WHEELER play LW or RW if he is re-signed?
    4. PAILLE made 1.33M last year, and must be offered a raise in order to retain his rights. Is he worth that on the 4th line? I don't think so, so if he comes back, it will be for the 3rd line.
       That leaves the 4th line spot for BEGIN a possibility. I would rather have a young prospect in there. I just don't think the bruins have anyone ready in the system.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

"Nay, he is not the same pest when with the Canadiens, probably a bi-product of the Julien System"    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

That's all you need to know, i'm glad to see some are paying attention

( you too SanDog )