Silver Lining

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oliver18. Show oliver18's posts

Silver Lining

I learned last night to not live and die with each game.  I've enjoyed all the Boston sports sucess in recent years,  I broke stuff in 86 when Ray Knight crossed the plate.  I threw a shoe at the tv when Mats Naslund scored the winner in Montreal.  D.amn near killed my dog because of Aaron Boone.  Over time I realized if they win, ....celebrate.  If they don't my life isn't less because they didn't.  Sports is an entertaining distraction unless you get paid to do it.  It s.ucks we lost but I still hafta go to work Monday.  Enjoy your loyalty to Boston sports though.  I do because I grew up with it.  How many 'fans' do you know that 'root' for teams cuz they won something when they were young?  GO BOSTON!       

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Re: Silver Lining

In '75 I was stunned when the Reds beat the Sox.

In '79 I kicked a hole in the door to our family room after the too many men debacle.

I was in the hospital having knee surgery in '86 and asked the nurse to give me an OD of Demerol to put me out of my pain. Unfortunately, she wasn't a sports fan and didn't get the sarcasm. That lead to visits from the hospital shrink.

1990, Tripe OT vs. Edmonton, I wanted to put a contract on Petr Klima.

I've thrown remotes at the TV in disgust and anger. Last one was when the Pats blew it vs. the Giants. The end result was a $3000 flat screen that became a picture frame. Needles to say, my wife was not impressed.

My wife keeps all potential missiles away from mwe during critical moments now. Last night I was too stunned to do anything but stare, open mouthed, at the TV.

Of course, I'm older now...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oliver18. Show oliver18's posts

Re: Silver Lining

In Response to Re: Silver Lining:
    In '75 I was stunned when the Reds beat the Sox. In '79 I kicked a hole in the door to our family room after the too many men debacle. I was in the hospital having knee surgery in '86 and asked the nurse to give me an OD of Demerol to put me out of my pain. Unfortunately, she wasn't a sports fan and didn't get the sarcasm. That lead to visits from the hospital shrink. 1990, Tripe OT vs. Edmonton, I wanted to put a contract on Petr Klima. I've thrown remotes at the TV in disgust and anger. Last one was when the Pats blew it vs. the Giants. The end result was a $3000 flat screen that became a picture frame. Needles to say, my wife was not impressed. My wife keeps all potential missiles away from mwe during critical moments now. Last night I was too stunned to do anything but stare, open mouthed, at the TV. Of course, I'm older now...
    Posted by BruWingFan

Thanks for sharing, ...my wife and I laughed endlessly at your reply as I have destroyed countless remotes, ...no TVs yet tho.  Take care fellow psycho