Since this is relevant RIGHT now.... Lets talk playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordorr04. Show lordorr04's posts

Since this is relevant RIGHT now.... Lets talk playoffs

So, I see the B's putting up a fight against the Sabres. They have played them well and it was certainly the best outcome they could have hoped for going into the playoffs.

Discuss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

Re: Since this is relevant RIGHT now.... Lets talk playoffs

Bruins in 7. End of discussion!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

The one category that Buffalo has the advantage on everyone else is in net. Tuukka is a great equalizer there. Bruins in 6 or 7!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordorr04. Show lordorr04's posts

In Response to Re: Since this is relevant RIGHT now.... Lets talk playoffs:
    The one category that Buffalo has the advantage on everyone else is in net. Tuukka is a great equalizer there. Bruins in 6 or 7!
    Posted by mattymcgee55

It really is. This matchup is one of two great goalies. The Bruins would have to get to Miller quick. The longer he plays well the harder it is to score.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mham209. Show mham209's posts

Matty McGee I have the video to go along with you profile pic....It's a must see for all of us Bruin Fans....http://deadspin.com/5514534/heres-matt-cooke-getting-his....I'm a lontime fan and I'm looking for the Bruins to win in 6 (alot of very close low scoring games). As far as the video goes, to bad it isn't Lucic or Thornton landing that shot to Cooke's kisser....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Being as skeptical and pessismistic as you can be, for sure and there is no doubt about this, this is the closest playoff match up there is in the League.

If you don't aknowledge that the Bruins have a legit shot at winning this series, you know nothing about the NHL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I think that LA/Vancouver will be the closest playoff matchup but you are right the Bruins definitely have a good shot at taking this series. 

Anyone know the payout on taking the Bruins to win this series outright?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mironov. Show Mironov's posts

Tuukka is 4-1 against Sabres this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

-Ryan Miller is exceptional and has dealt with playoff pressure (and Olympic pressure) numerous times. He's been solid in the playoffs before. I don't think the Miller-fatigue factor will come into play until later in the playoffs, should Buffalo advance. 

-As good as Tukka Rask has been (and we all know he's been great), the pressure of the post-season is far, far different than the regular season, even with the Bruins being underdogs. While there's certainly the possibility that he continues his exceptional play, he's never done it before, and therefore I don't think it's something to bank on.

-I see Buffalo despite their knocks as being more likely to put up offense. The Bruins just don't have enough guys like Vanek, Pominville and Roy who can be counted on to score goals. The Bruins have too many guys who are occasional scorers and unless Rask is lights out, I just don't see it as enough. I don't think they can expect to hold Buffalo to 2 or less every night.

-Also, we've seen it time and again--when a team is challenged offensively, that often times intensifies in the playoffs when a club has to play them night after night. Good coaches can exploit weaknesses like that and they become more pronounced as a series goes on. While both Ruff and Julien are excellent coaches (and nobody will get outcoached in this series) I think Claude has bigger problems to deal with, and will have a more difficult time playing the chess-match, as his team comes in with fewer weapons at their disposal.

-I don't see the PP being a huge factor for either team: Boston's PP has been lousy all season (combined with the Sabres exceptional PK), but the Bruins PK should neutralize the Sabres man advantage (which is mediocre at best). But if any team does suddenly get scoring from special teams, it could turn the series.

Overall, this will be a very good series, but I think Buffalo takes it in 6. But a Bruins victory wouldn't be a shock at all given that these 2 teams are not light years apart (a la Montreal-Washington)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Bruins in 6

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One stat I hate is that the Sabres are 30-0-0 when leading after 2 periods this year that is excellent coaching all the way. I believe the Bruins can win the series but Julien better shorten that bench late in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd periods when tied, down by a goal or up by a goal I expect those scenarios allot in this defensive shutdown style series.

Paille and Miroslav have played great against there former team this year they'll need to keep it up because Ryder (don't care about his 2 goals vs. Wash.) and Sturm have been sleep walking.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

I like the fact that the B's start on the road. If they can weather the early storm, I feel Rask will settle in and play well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I will keep my Bruins in 5 that i posted in another thread that i started the other day.  Playoffs are all about match ups...it is also about how you been playing lately.  I like the Bruins have been playing lately and i like the way they played Buffalo in the last couple of years.
       They made the playoffs with zero offense and no PP.  Let's put is this way the playoffs are a new season and a fresh start where all the stats are erased.  Can the Bruins score less and have a less effective PP...i don't think so.  They only thing that bothers me is that I thought at least Stuart would be back and it does not look like this will happen. 
       What I believe thought is that these playoffs will mean redemption for the Bruins.

Sections
Shortcuts