So which defensemen sits or gets sent down?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

Now that Ferrence is back, I just can't see them sending Hunwick down, he's been too good.

So who goes down or sits? Chara, Wideman, Ferrence and Ward obviously aren't going anyware. So that leaves Hnidy, Stuart and Hunwick. They've all been so good, what a dilema.

Who?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I think they will rotate them and keep them fresh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

they should keep hunwick on 4th line, that's got potential and the b's don't have to sit any of the defensemen.Plus hunwick has offensive potential anyways.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from camconner. Show camconner's posts

stuart or Hnidy see yea

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Tough call. I agree with crazybsfan04, dont be surprised if Julien gives this another try. Sobotka has proven unreliable this year and with Nokelainens ongoing injury problems (he's out again now) they dont have a solid defensive grinding 4th line anymore. Hunwick stays with the team and fill in nicely since he's an offensive guy. As well they will always have 6 dmen to ice even in the face of an injury mid game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

I guess if they feel Hunwick can do well as a wing on the 4th line for now, they should probably do that.

I like Nokalinen, Sabotka, Bitz and St. Pierre but I like the idea of both Stuart and Hnidy staying around even more. And again, I just can't see sending Hunwick down

Either way, barring any new injury news, we should find out tonight what the plan is

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Ryder will be back tonight and Kessel is possible. There will be no room for Hunwick on the forward lines. I can not see them sitting Bitz and or Norki to give Hunwick a spot at forward.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

This may sound alittle wacko.....but i would consider trading Stuart.....he has value and might net us a veteran forward in return....this way Hunwick and Hnidy stay in the line up...in case of an injury i think Boychuck is more then ready

Stuart
    2nd round pick
    Nokelianin

for

Tkachuk

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Well Wideman is far and away our best offensive defensmean, but Wideman is way too valuable keeping pucks in the attacking zone , taking hard slappers from the blue line, making those sick passes from teh blue line to warrant a change to forward. So assuming we dont trade for a fourth line forward and instead move Hunwick, we dont need to send Stuart or Hnidy down.

But in today's NHL, we're better off trading and sending down Stuart. St Louis developed Wheeler, and now he's a stud on the Bruins. With the rediculously low salary cap, keeping teams intact is borderline impossible. You have to focus on the here and now. That's this year. No time to develop.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Drewski5 , Stuart cannot go down without passing waivers . Cannot lose him that way. You meant St Louis developed Wideman.
    Hunwhick also will not be sent down. I think Julien will either rotate his D's or play him on the 4th line keeping him sharp.
    This is the 7th inning about to start. The stretch is over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

The big question would be whether Stuart could be sent down without having to pass through waivers. (EDIT: Whoops, just saw the post before to mine. That answers that!) Not sure if he can, and you know someone would pick him up in two seconds flat if the opportunity was there. That trade scenario is intriguing seeing as how they could use that extra veteran presence for the playoff push (see the whole Brad May/Ducks talk in recent globe articles) but is an arguable top four defenseman and a 2nd rounder good value for Tkachuk when D is the one spot they could probably use a little more help and they have some off-season signings to think about?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

They will most likely rotate guys so no one sits too long.

A month ago I would have said Hnidy sits for sure.

But Hnidy has done a decent job considering he has little or no real talent.

The Bruins have had guys like this in the past who are no names with limited talent that do their jobs and get very little credit.Al Sims, Gary Doak , Darryl Edestrand Jim Wiemer and Al Pederson all come to mind from past teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BackBaconBrewin. Show BackBaconBrewin's posts

Too much for KT - i'd love to see him on left wing with Bergy @ centre & Kobesew on Right... maybe Noke and a third...

his may sound alittle wacko.....but i would consider trading Stuart.....he has value and might net us a veteran forward in return....this way Hunwick and Hnidy stay in the line up...in case of an injury i think Boychuck is more then ready

Stuart
    2nd round pick
    Nokelianin

for

Tkachuk
    [/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[Quote]

Well Wideman is far and away our best offensive defensmean, but Wideman is way too valuable keeping pucks in the attacking zone , taking hard slappers from the blue line, making those sick passes from teh blue line to warrant a change to forward. So assuming we dont trade for a fourth line forward and instead move Hunwick, we dont need to send Stuart or Hnidy down.

But in today's NHL, we're better off trading and sending down Stuart. St Louis developed Wheeler, and now he's a stud on the Bruins. With the rediculously low salary cap, keeping teams intact is borderline impossible. You have to focus on the here and now. That's this year. No time to develop.

[/Quote]

I don't even know where to start here.
    Who EVER would even think of moving Wideman to forward??
    Who would ever think of getting rid of stuart. Hes played awesome this year. Hes a leader (captained USA world junior team) and brings a big physical presence, hes having an awesome year, and is untouchable in terms of being sat or sent down.
    Now, where the hell are you coming from, I'm confused, Wheeler? St Louis had nothing to do with Wheeler, and hes a forward, do you mean Wideman? your kind of crazy guy

and to the loony that suggested that noker and a 3rd would get Tkachuk, are you for real. Itll take a player, prospect, and a pick

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

I am about 90% sure Boston brings in another defenseman at the deadline. My guess is a lesser defenseman signed for atleast one more year goes back. Hnidy, or Stuart will be that defenseman.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

JuniorFalco, really? Who EVER would think of putting Wideman at forward? He gets at least 1 shift at forward MOST 4 on 4 overtimes. Last night, he was on the second OT line. He also played forward on an OT line against the Caps. He's that good of a player.

Who ever thinks to get rid of Stuart? He consistently draws stupid penalties, he turns the puck over at an absurd rate, he provides nothing on offense, he looks lost half the time on the ice. You want this guy on the ice just because he has a big frame?

Chara, Ward, Wideman, Ference, Hunwick, and Hnidy are just better right now. Theres no room for Stuart. There is also no point in developing him because the salary cap in Hockey prevents teams from staying completely intact. This is also what I was saying about Wheeler. The cap in hockey is so low, that teams cant even hold onto their prospects. Because of this, when a window opens up to compete for the cup, you HAVE to put your best possible team on the ice. I'd rather win the cup this year than develop Stuart, thanks.

Sections
Shortcuts