Sobotka at center

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Sobotka at center

When Thornton comes back, I imagine he will slide back on the 4th line with Begin and Bitz.
    Sobotka would then center Wheeler and Paille on the third line
    Has Sobotka been playing alot of center the last couple of years in Providence.
    I know he came up as a center, it could be an effective line

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Sobotka at center

Yah Whitfield definitely back to Providence after Thornton then yes Sobotka back at his natural position with Pie-yay and Wheels. Maybe Wheeler can try and hang on when Vlad and Pie-yay take off on a run. Yah know towards the net Blake.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I wonder if Thornton will be back tomorrow or even be healthy enough.
    Flyers will be a real hard game and would not want to see anymore injuries (knock knock on wood).
    Agree with SanDog, Whitfield would be sent back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Wow, its not just you but what's with people using Wheeler as a punching bag this year. He's been solid defensivly his biggest problem has been some badly timed offensive zone passes, but him and Krejci just weren't clicking and i'd call it 50/50 for blame. 

In Response to Re: Sobotka at center:
    [QUOTE]Yah Whitfield definitely back to Providence after Thornton then yes Sobotka back at his natural position with Pie-yay and Wheels. Maybe Wheeler can try and hang on when Vlad and Pie-yay take off on a run. Yah know towards the net Blake.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Think the main reason I get on Ryder and Wheeler is because they're to talented to not be producing the way I or Bruins fans want. Now I would never say demote Blake but he should be potting more goals and throwing that 6'5" frame around.

Do I dislike Wheeler ? No way not like BU LoL! because he has allot of upside!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

he has not shown much flash (wheeler that is) this year....i expected a hot start from him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rugger02. Show rugger02's posts

I still do not see what people are seeing in Sobotka, I know he was really good for the B's two years ago and he lit up the AHL but I have not seen him be a consistent contributor for the B's since 2008

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]he has not shown much flash (wheeler that is) this year....i expected a hot start from him
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

I agree.. especially after he was benched during the playoffs last year.. you would think he would come out blazing and prove to management that he is ready for prime time ..  especially since he is going to be a RFA , really not making a case for himself right now.... but

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Disagree with above. Sobotka was excellent tonight. Stop placing him as a second line scoring player in your mind. He's not that player. He is an effective thi8rd line energy player with the ability to score some goals. He excels at that role for his age.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I agree with Dhitch, Sobotka will be a solid 3rd line guy. I think with Paille and Wheeler they should be able to contribute.With all the injuries the B's will be forced to start playing a more disciplined system.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeffMaine. Show JeffMaine's posts

[QUOTE]Disagree with above. Sobotka was excellent tonight. Stop placing him as a second line scoring player in your mind. He's not that player. He is an effective thi8rd line energy player with the ability to score some goals. He excels at that role for his age.
    Posted by dhitch[/QUOTE]
    No he wasnt.

He was passable.

He was ACCEPTABLE.

His hands were subpar.  He worked his tail off.  But he was FAR, FAR, FAR from excellent.

Brad Marchand was the best of the 3 new guys inserted in the line-up.  And even he made 3 very bad defensive decisions. Left teammates high and dry qhen he was 3rd man high.  Basic hockey 101 is when your in that situation (3rd high) you absolutely CANNOT overcommit.  He did that 3 times last night, creating 2 excellent scoring chances for the Pred. Also had difficulty finding and extracting pucks form his skates.  But that will come in time.  Will be a key Bruin for years.  I'd say 20-25 goals and solid defense, along with great physical play.

Dan Paille played a very sold game last night. Worked his tail off.  Already you can see why he is considered a great PK player.  He controls and "herds" players where he wants them to be.  He keeps you from doing the things you want to do when your on the PP. Not a big hitter, but follows through on his checks.

Sobotka?  Nowhere near the other 2 in effectiveness.  The best I can say about him is that I didnt notice him. Thats great if your a linesman or official.  BUt its not good if your a player on the ice....unless your name is Byron Bitz, Guillaume Lefevbre, or Shawn Thornton.

To me, Sobotka= career journeyman 4th line energy guy.

Later

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Jeff,
    Was at the game, completely disagree with you, I think marchand looked out of place, nice shot and i haven't seen much of him which makes me wonder if he is just one of those guys who puts up number...Sobotka was one of the best player on the ice for the bruins, all out hustle, hard working and hitting when the chance was there.  whitfield provided some of the very little physical presence and grittiness the bruins need..The defense was no where to be found out side of mark stuart when if came to laying a body on a guy..Bergeron looked like the $5 million dollar forward the bruins signed a few years ago, and sturm was the most physical guy in a black and gold uniform. 

But after watching last nights game, of the new guys, whitfield just wont stick he's 32, but may spot start that 4th line, sobotka looks like he belongs and i think if he can get comfortable he could progress into a second line guy, Chiarelli took some tough shots at him when sending him down so its probably now or never for him, and really marchand looks like a cusps player to me at this point but like i said i haven't seen much of him and really only know he's proven to put up numbers at this point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeffMaine. Show JeffMaine's posts

[QUOTE]Jeff, Was at the game, completely disagree with you, I think marchand looked out of place, nice shot and i haven't seen much of him which makes me wonder if he is just one of those guys who puts up number...Sobotka was one of the best player on the ice for the bruins, all out hustle, hard working and hitting when the chance was there.  whitfield provided some of the very little physical presence and grittiness the bruins need..The defense was no where to be found out side of mark stuart when if came to laying a body on a guy..Bergeron looked like the $5 million dollar forward the bruins signed a few years ago, and sturm was the most physical guy in a black and gold uniform.  But after watching last nights game, of the new guys, whitfield just wont stick he's 32, but may spot start that 4th line, sobotka looks like he belongs and i think if he can get comfortable he could progress into a second line guy, Chiarelli took some tough shots at him when sending him down so its probably now or never for him, and really marchand looks like a cusps player to me at this point but like i said i haven't seen much of him and really only know he's proven to put up numbers at this point.
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Marchand is considered a much better prospect across the board.  Heavy hitter, especially for his size.  Has higher offensive upside as well.

Sobotkas 1 area in which he is better than Marchand is defensively. Marchand is considered superior in all other areas.

To me, and I have watched the game twice...he was clearly much more involved than Sobotka.  It wasnt even close.

When your live at the game, you dont have the benefit of being able to look at things a second time.

Watch it again if you DVR'd or taped it.  You'll see for yourself.

Later

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Marchand had more ice time with a better line, as far as marchand being a far superior prospect.. Marchand is rated as having a higher upside with more risk of actually reaching that potential, 7.5c as opposed to a 7.0b, and sobotka's physical game is what he is noted most for, his gritty play, they are the exact same size..Sobotka's skill assessment is actually higher than marchands and Ideally the both project as 2nd line forwards.

as far as being at the game and not having the benefit of a second look, I also had the benefit of seeing all of the ice at once, positioning plays away from the puck etc,  and being able to judge for myself with out the influence of commentators etc..So thanks for being the end all and recommending i watch the game again, but i definitely saw and noticed sobotka's play far more then marchands other then he was playing along side ryder and bergeron.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rugger02. Show rugger02's posts

I will clarify myself, i was not bashing Sobotka and i do believe he can be a good 4th line borderline 3rd line player. I have just not seen the high energy hockey that he brought to the ice two years ago. It could just be he is trying to do too much and is getting away from the simple straight ahead play he brought to the club at the end of 2008.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When Sobotka get's put on the line with Paille (Pie-yay) and Wheeler (predicting) it will benefit all three. I like that mix lot's of speed with a young up n coming sniper (Blake) who needs some energy.

If Thornton comes back tonight he goes back with Bitz and Begin need that line. Then we would have very effective grinding 3rd line in Paille-Sobotka-Wheeler.

Sections
Shortcuts