Sobotka traded to St. Louis for David Warsofsky.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Re: Sobotka traded to St. Louis for David Warsofsky.

In Response to Re: Sobotka traded to St. Louis for David Warsofsky.:
    Does this mean they are planning to have Seguin as the 4th line center and shift to wing on power plays? I think I am going to quit trying to guess Chiarelli's strategy, because I am more clueless with that, then trying to figure out why my wife is mad at me...again.
    Posted by biggskye

Dude, your wife is probably mad at you for the same reason all our wives are mad at us...because we spend too much time reading and posting about the Bruins. We can't help it. We love hockey, we love the Bruins. Just buy her some flowers and take her out to dinner once in a while. And tell her THE BRUINS ROCK!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

I have seen this kid play about 1/2 dozen times and he brings so much to the table.. Height is not an issue with this kid. His ability to jump into the play is amazing.  Very good hands and great skating skills, not to mention a huge competitor.  Sobotka was showing some grit on the 4th line, but his neglect to play wing may have been his downfall.  Not too woried about this trade as Warsofsky can play.   Hell Wideman who was supposed to be a puck carrying d man is not much bigger..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sobotka might do well on another club that plays a third line as a checking line.  In Boston, he was often saddled with Useless Thornton and Paille or Begin or whomever.  When he threw his body around, he was left out of position and you really can't expect Thornton to cover his bacon defensively.

I can't understand why people are down on this deal.  The B's had too many centers.  The B's don't have a lot of cap room.  Sobotka is a dime a dozen skate fast hit hard do nothing else and end up a -10 in the playoffs role player.

Thanks for wearing the jersey and trying.  You weren't good enough.  Hope you can find work somewhere else and hope it works out well for you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I have seen this kid play about 1/2 dozen times and he brings so much to the table.. Height is not an issue with this kid. His ability to jump into the play is amazing.  Very good hands and great skating skills, not to mention a huge competitor.  Sobotka was showing some grit on the 4th line, but his neglect to play wing may have been his downfall.  Not too woried about this trade as Warsofsky can play.   Hell Wideman who was supposed to be a puck carrying d man is not much bigger..
    Posted by paulyboy

Chowdahkid and Olsonic, thanks for the compliments, good to see some positivity on the boards once in awhile haha...

Good points pauly...Warsofsky is truly remarkable at jumping up in a play or    even leading a rush...I remember a couple of Beanpots ago he went coast -to-coast on the PK and scored against Northeastern...ON THE PENALTY KILL!!!  It was amazing...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I can't understand why people are down on this deal.  The B's had too many centers.  The B's don't have a lot of cap room.  Sobotka is a dime a dozen skate fast hit hard do nothing else and end up a -10 in the playoffs role player. Thanks for wearing the jersey and trying.  You weren't good enough.  Hope you can find work somewhere else and hope it works out well for you.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yeah I am really surprised by it too. It's easy to be an energy guy when you play 8-10 minutes a game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Hate the trade.  I defintely was a Sobotka fan and liked what he brought to the team even if he wasn't scoring.  But Cant say I didn't see it coming.  St. Louis win that trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hate the trade.  I defintely was a Sobotka fan and liked what he brought to the team even if he wasn't scoring.  But Cant say I didn't see it coming.  St. Louis win that trade.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

What did you think of his playoff performance?

13 games

0 goals

2 assists

15PIM

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyb9977. Show Mattyb9977's posts

NOOOOO!

The little big man will be missed....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wish Vlad well hope he can become more consistent at the pro level. Loved the fact that Lindy Ruff was so frustrated with Vlad in the playoffs this year that he called him out in a press conference and Sobs actually had Carcillo seething as well.

PC went with Campbell this trade also signifies that Paille stays as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Sobotka = NO HANDS.  Should have played without a stick.