Some thoughts on last night....not that anyone cares, just my view/opinions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Re: Some thoughts on last night....not that anyone cares, just my view/opinions

In Response to Some thoughts on last night....not that anyone cares, just my view/opinions:
    - Chara looked GREAT...best I've seen him play in a while - Horton-Krecji-Lucic have to remain a line if/when Savard returns - Hunwick is a train wreck at times, just too inconsistent - Ference is terrible, makes horrible & just too slow of decisions - Would like to see Seguin away from Recchi & Ryder - Maybe reuinte Bergeron-Recchi and have Seguin play their wing - Thomas is playing out of his mind, looks amazing - Would give up alot to have Brooks Laich in a B's uni, heck of a player - Wheeler looks pretty good, in the right spots, some tough bounces last night - D really active stepping up in the play, love to see it - Ryder is playing himself out of the lineup when the vets return - Good team chemistry so far, they really look to be playing hard for each other Enough babbling, team looks good, outplayed & beat around the top ranked team in the East on the road...its good to be a fan these days!!
    Posted by yep123

Wheeler has frustrated me the first four games. I mean, i give the kid credit, he is showing more passion this season. However, he is not capitalizing on all the opportunities he has been given. I'm tired of seeing Bergeron make tape-to-tape passes to Wheeler in the slot to just watch him whiff the puck wide. Again, he was set up twice on top of the circles and again on a partial break away. He likes to deke too much, he must simplify his game and just shoot. I really thought this was a good move to give Bergeron a potential scorer but again he ends up having an underachieving "stone-hand" winger.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

In Response to Some thoughts on last night....not that anyone cares, just my view/opinions:
    - Chara looked GREAT...best I've seen him play in a while - Horton-Krecji-Lucic have to remain a line if/when Savard returns - Hunwick is a train wreck at times, just too inconsistent - Ference is terrible, makes horrible & just too slow of decisions - Would like to see Seguin away from Recchi & Ryder - Maybe reuinte Bergeron-Recchi and have Seguin play their wing - Thomas is playing out of his mind, looks amazing - Would give up alot to have Brooks Laich in a B's uni, heck of a player - Wheeler looks pretty good, in the right spots, some tough bounces last night - D really active stepping up in the play, love to see it - Ryder is playing himself out of the lineup when the vets return - Good team chemistry so far, they really look to be playing hard for each other Enough babbling, team looks good, outplayed & beat around the top ranked team in the East on the road...its good to be a fan these days!!
    Posted by yep123

Chara coughed up the puck and gave a free shot to the Caps. Right on the doorstep.

Ryder playing himself out of the lineup? We must be watching different games.

I'd agree on Hunwick. He's making Ference look good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Last night I started to think that this Bruins team is capable of beating anyone in the league.  Last year the Caps and Pens were teams that I thought the Bruins could not handle.  This year they can take down anyone.  Yes, the Caps had guys out and no goalie, but the Bruins are missing Sturm and Savard, they cancel out who the Caps were missing.  I thought the Bruins won that game handily.

I think they have a legit shot at the cup this year.  Of course never a sure thing.  I guess what I'm saying is I think they are a much better team than the last 2 years.  One thing for sure I like this team better than the last 2 years by a lot.  Right now there's nobody that drives me nuts.

Tomorrow night is the second half of my benchmark for the young season.  If they can turn out a really good effort against the Caps again, that's a good sign.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

NorthernBewin - One giveaway, tough spot to give it up but the guy played well last night, I've bashed the heck out of him in the past but hes playing real well so far....Ryder has a good shot only, coughs it up in awful spots on the rink especially when approached he panicks & doesnt want to get hit, Caron is a much better player after 3 games of exeprience in the league; when Sturm or Savard comes back, hes gone, deservedly so in my eyes.

Xenimus - I hear ya on Wheeler, no idea why I cant give up on this kid as he is frustrating as heck to watch at times, I say reunite Bergeron w/ Recchi and Seguin, have Wheeler play the middle w/ Ryder & Caron  or Caron & Sturm when he returns as Sturm on the off wing makes sense to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Other than whats mentioned above, Recchi looks too slow and just not in it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Good point, I did notice that as well....almost like he's hanging around til the playoffs come ya know.  Hope he gets to play w/ Bergeron again, they really clicked last year, playing w/ Ryder and an 18 yr old must be a bit frustrating to him right now, all I can think of...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Some thoughts on last night....not that anyone cares, just my view/opinions:
    NorthernBewin - One giveaway, tough spot to give it up but the guy played well last night, I've bashed the heck out of him in the past but hes playing real well so far....Ryder has a good shot only, coughs it up in awful spots on the rink especially when approached he panicks & doesnt want to get hit, Caron is a much better player after 3 games of exeprience in the league; when Sturm or Savard comes back, hes gone, deservedly so in my eyes. Xenimus - I hear ya on Wheeler, no idea why I cant give up on this kid as he is frustrating as heck to watch at times, I say reunite Bergeron w/ Recchi and Seguin, have Wheeler play the middle w/ Ryder & Caron  or Caron & Sturm when he returns as Sturm on the off wing makes sense to me.
    Posted by yep123

Chara turned the puck over multiple times, creating chances for the Capitals.  I thought he played well as he was able to shut down Ovechkin, but his turnovers were painful to watch.

Ryder seemed like he was on a mission last night.  He was throwing the body a lot.  He has played inspired hockey this season compared to last year where he looked lifeless.  I wouldn't say he has been playing himself out of the lineup at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Hey NortherBruin, you are one tough critic bud.. or maybe you are not a Chara fan.. no problem, but his main job is to shutdown their top line and no points and each player on that line was a -2 on the night is good enough for me... He did his job .. Also impressed with his recent puck carrying skills  into the offensive zone.. last night Bergy finishes off nice feed from behind the net by Chara and we are all talking about it..

No player in the NHL including Crosby, OV and others play a perfect game every night.. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Some thoughts on last night....not that anyone cares, just my view/opinions:
    Hey NortherBruin, you are one tough critic bud.. or maybe you are not a Chara fan.. no problem, but his main job is to shutdown their top line and no points and each player on that line was a -2 on the night is good enough for me... He did his job .. Also impressed with his recent puck carrying skills  into the offensive zone.. last night Bergy finishes off nice feed from behind the net by Chara and we are all talking about it.. No player in the NHL including Crosby, OV and others play a perfect game every night.. 
    Posted by cowboys9

Yeah, I'm a tough critic and I am a Chara fan. I just don't think he had that great a game last night. If you did, fine. It's only my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mangler. Show Mangler's posts

The Bruins still need an upgrade or two on defense if they are to have a real shot at the Cup. Hunwick, Ference and Stuart are 5 & 6 d's in this league. They need a #2/3. I still find they have a hard time getting the puck out of their end and it is because the D isn't mobile or quick enough with their decisions. I would shop Wheeler. He is young and would attract some attention. Package him with some other assets, I would like to say Ryder but no one will take him, and get a D man. Once they back Savard & Sturm they will have too many forwards anyway so trade a couple for a D.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Chara looked dominant, one of his best games that I can remember.

I watched the whole game and I never thought Ference looked bad.  I am stunned by the abuse that guy takes on these boards.  Okay, he is overpaid, but get mad at Chiarelli for that.  Ference is a good, solid 4-6 d-man and seems to always play his role well. 

I get the negativity towards Hunwick, he has been awful, but why all the hate towards Ference.  When he's healthy he always seems to do a good job on the ice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

The Bruins still need an upgrade or two on defense if they are to have a real shot at the Cup. Hunwick, Ference and Stuart are 5 & 6 d's in this league. They need a #2/3. I still find they have a hard time getting the puck out of their end and it is because the D isn't mobile or quick enough with their decisions. I would shop Wheeler. He is young and would attract some attention. Package him with some other assets, I would like to say Ryder but no one will take him, and get a D man. Once they back Savard & Sturm they will have too many forwards anyway so trade a couple for a D.
    Posted by Mangler

Stuart a 5 or 6 D?  Can I have some of what you're smoking please?  Stuart is a legit #3 D in the NHL and the only reason he hasn't looked good is because he's been with either hunwick or Ference all this year.  He needs to be with Boychuk or Seidenberg.  He really clicked with Boychuk last year and Seidenberg is solid in his own end.  Hunwick can make anyone look bad, and Ference isn't great in his own end.  I respect the hell outta Ference though.  The guy's a great presence and is a good 5-6 D.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

As much as I respect Recchi and what he has accomplished in his career it looks like he is past his shelf life and time to hand it over to a youngster....maybe just slow coming out the gate and needs time to get the old legs going but at 42 well...Ference looks like hes hurting although not struggling as much as Hunwick...like others I think Bartkowski or McQuaid would be an improvement.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

OOOps, I guess i saw some of the same stuff commented on. Ference seemed to be overwhelmed with the big forwards and slower. Could be his " injury" is not as minor as thought. Ryder sleepwalked thru periods 1 and 2, showed some life in 3, but not consistent in his support of Seguin. This lack of Ryder effort also adds to Recchi's play as he tries to mentor Seguin. Seguin needs Ryder to be more consistent as he learns a tough role in a strict defensive system which CJ will not adjust. Wheels just doesn't cut it as every shot is wide[ see above] or right into the goalie's belly.Bergie is mentoring Caron and playing well, but, he needs Wheeler to improve. Did see Chara make a few misses with puck in his feet, but he played well against the Caps BIIIG wingers. Boychuck needs to improve on his passing and thinking like when both he and Chara were up ice and lost the puck behind them and in Timmy's face. Like Stuart's and Seids play all night. IMO trading Wheels is an option, BUT, Sturm has not started skating. Why??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The thing with Ference and Ryder though, is that they get judged on their contracts more than their play.  What's done is done with the contracts, and the gripe is with Chiarelli not the players themselves.  Every team has some bad contracts.

As players I think they are doing fine for a 2nd/3rd line winger and a 5th defensmen on this team, as good as you should expect anyhow.  Both guys may not play well enough to justify their salary, but both guys can still be valuable to the team this year.

Ference does not make a lot of mistakes or turnovers, but he is not flashy either, he's solid.  Ryder won a number of 50/50 battles last night and seems to be playing very hard to me. 

I don't think either guy deserves the complaints at this point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can say Chara didn't have a great game. The Giant was a monster & played 30 monsterous minutes. I know he coughed the puck up to Laich that one time. However, the overall scheme of things is he was the Norris trophy winning Chara last night. He was a huge factor in making arguably the best player in the world a -2. I wonder how many times since Boudreau became coach where Ovie finished a negative. Play-offs not included.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Posted by yep123

Caron looks good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Glad someone brought him up.  If CJ stays with that line, I think Caron will be the ultimate beneficiary because he seems to be on that doorstep to jam home pucks everytime Wheeler dents the crest.  Junk bond Caron. 

Sections
Shortcuts