Something Special

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Something Special

As a positive member of this forum I have to say there is something special going on with this team right now.  I beleive they learned alot from last year and it would appear that we are peaking at the right time.  I believe guys like Lucic and Krejci are yet to play there best games of the post season.  Not to mention that guys like Marc Savard and Andrew Ference have fresh legs.  We can only hope that Stuey and Sides can get back in soon and who knows, We have all seen this before from teams like: Florida, Montreal, Minnesota, Edmonton, Calgary, so on and so on. We are built for Playoffs.  IT COULD BE ARE YEAR!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Re: Something Special

I think we have been blessed with two really good match ups in the first two rounds.  I would like to see 4 wins against Philly before I start comparing us to other Cinderella teams because the Flyers are also looking to catch lightning in a bottle as well.  It looks like the finals will go through Pittsburgh even if we can get through Philly so I'm choosing to stay grounded for now. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i agree..just read the article in herald "thowback to old days" savy gives stick to fan and fan gives it back and tells him he needs it more than the fan does for game 2...and most striking savy says "i had water in my eyes..i love the city fans" man these are the players i want in boston..guys like savy who truly care..life is so hetic nowadays and the economy is suffering..isnt it great to forget about things for awhile and watch this bruins team..who knows how long this ride lasts, lets hope it ends in june but regardless they have won our hearts and have the sameteam for the most part coming back and the 2 pick in the draft..something truly special may be in store the next few weeks but something truly special is building long term where it belongs right here in boston..we have the best most hardcore fans and we deserve a team like this and the players love us to! go bs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

to my friend chowdakid...you told me the bruins would be lucky to get out of 1st rd that lower seeds really advance or something along those lines...basically telling me to give up this season and more important to look to the draft..but i knew all along this team had it in them..thats why i was so tempted to make the trade at deadline day...but staying pat has worked wonders we still will get your guy at #2 and who knows how far we will go, but now you understand why i kept telling the story about the 8 seed edm going to finals  kinda similar no? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

>>>>THAT BEING SAID I TRULY LOVE ALL YOU POSTERS HERE..I MAY NOT AGREE WITH EVERYTHING EVERYONE SAYS  BUT WE ALL POST BECAUSE WE CARE AND WANT THE BRUINS TO WIN  AND TO ME YOUR MY FRIEND  HAVE A GREAT DAY AND LETS GO GET THEM TOM BS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueyedmannyfan. Show blueyedmannyfan's posts

In Response to Something Special:
    As a positive member of this forum I have to say there is something special going on with this team right now.  I beleive they learned alot from last year and it would appear that we are peaking at the right time.  I believe guys like Lucic and Krejci are yet to play there best games of the post season.  Not to mention that guys like Marc Savard and Andrew Ference have fresh legs.  We can only hope that Stuey and Sides can get back in soon and who knows, We have all seen this before from teams like: Florida, Montreal, Minnesota, Edmonton, Calgary, so on and so on. We are built for Playoffs.  IT COULD BE ARE YEAR!
    Posted by samsonov

EASY BIG FELLAH...

Lets go back one year almost to the day. Bruins Hurricanes Game 1 Round 2

The Bruins looked like the Harlem Globetrotters on ice and Killed Carolina 4-1 in Game 1... Then what happened?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I agree with you Raskman, still a loooooooooooong ways to go. I am enjoying the run so far though. They are once again exciting to watch and coming to each game with hard work, hard hitting, no quit attitude. All encouraging signs.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I'm going to mark it on my calendar the next time blue says something positive about the Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

As positive of a Bruins fan that i am...I mean i'v been saying since the beginning that the Bruins would make the playoffs and that it is not important how they play in the regular season..what really matters is the way the get into the playoffs (last 10-15 games of the season) and i was telling people in here that this is the same team as last year and eventually they would score again.  It may have took more time than expected but still it seems like they are back to scoring more goals.
       I always said that you build a chemistry in the tough moments.  Any team who wins his games will have a good chemistry but you really see the chemistry when it does not go too well.   We know how hard this season has been but it only helped building the chemistry.  How many time do you see a team loosing 10 games in a roll ending up in the playoffs and winnign the first round?
       The only thing i want to say is let's enjoy every game...one at the time and let's not get too excited.  1 round at the time and we will see where it brings us!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINS420. Show BRUINS420's posts

GO BRUINS

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueyedmannyfan. Show blueyedmannyfan's posts

In Response to Re: Something Special:
    I've been a Bruins fan since '70. Love 'em more than most of my relatives. Healthy criticism is to be expected, it is not a sign of disloyalty or pessimism, it shows involvement and passion. Think about it, if you didn't give a rat's a##, you wouldn't post at all positive or negative. I enjoy posts that are either as long as they're well thought out or passionate or hopefully both. Here's hoping for a good long run and a little more tolerance of one another's opinions.
    Posted by Davidorr

Very well said, but there is a contingent of posters on here that if you don't pick the Bruins to go 82-0 and sweep to the Cup every season then you are not a "real fan" and they will call you a "troll" a "hab fan" and every other name in the book if you dont blindly wave those pom poms like they do

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

to my friend chowdakid...you told me the bruins would be lucky to get out of 1st rd that lower seeds really advance or something along those lines...basically telling me to give up this season and more important to look to the draft..but i knew all along this team had it in them..thats why i was so tempted to make the trade at deadline day...but staying pat has worked wonders we still will get your guy at #2 and who knows how far we will go, but now you understand why i kept telling the story about the 8 seed edm going to finals  kinda similar no? 
    Posted by bruins8

You are right bruins8. I didn't think that the B's could get out of round one and yes I did say that . I was wrong .I commend you on being more optimistic about this team then I was but I am still critical of you for your inferior knowledge and ridiculous comments about the draft . Saying that, your arguement on trading away the Toronto pick was based on Hall /Seguin being a couple of kids who won't make the NHL next year because of them being 3-4 years away. Your argument was also the B's were also one goal scorer away from the Cup and the only way to get that scorer was to trade away that pick. When I suggested that we could get that scorer without trading that pick you insisted "no, that was the only way". You have brought up something I said and I was wrong and you were right but you have said a lot of things on this board that I will surely remind you of in the future. ( all in writing and waiting for the day(s) to be posted). Oh by the way where are we picking #1 or #2 ? I still haven't seen an apology to posters of these boards for your fraud statement saying you had inside info on the draft lottery that the B's won it.I don't think you are man enough to do it. I just manned up how about you ? P.S. Tell everybody how right you were on this !!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm going to mark it on my calendar the next time blue says something positive about the Bruins.
    Posted by pauly1

pauly1, don't bother . Just use IGNORE as I have done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Something Special : Very well said, but there is a contingent of posters on here that if you don't pick the Bruins to go 82-0 and sweep to the Cup every season then you are not a "real fan" and they will call you a "troll" a "hab fan" and every other name in the book if you dont blindly wave those pom poms like they do
    Posted by blueyedmannyfan

As one of those VERY critical fans who (still) despises the owner of this team but bleeds Black & Gold b/c I have ever since the age of 5, I very much appreciate hearing from folks who don't automatically throw us in as trolls if we're not 100% optimistic.

I do not know what made this team start playing like world beaters down the stretch and into that first series w/Buffalo (one of the best playoff series I've ever seen), and I don't really care. I'm THRILLED at the way these guys are playing right now and hoping against hope they can go all the way even tho' I don't think it's very likely at all...and here's why:

1) Agree fully w/those cautioning that this is just where they sat last year--and in fact there was even more reason to be optimistic last year given the sweep of the Habs and the 4-1 drubbing of the 'Canes. They hadn't even lost a single playoff game yet! So please--we all know what happened next, and it could very well happen again. These Flyers are not going away easy, either--and from what we saw of Boucher in the first 5 of that OT, he's got some Ryan Miller in him.

2) Much of a no-show as he was, the loss of Sturm is bad. Unless Thornton and/or Marchand can really fill those skates (and there's no reason to think they can) we lose another potential scoring threat with speed and veteran experience. Don't like that, but maybe someone can step up and make it moot.

3) I HATE looking past any round they're in (and i'm not here) but for purposes of the argument that this team can win it all, the fact is they have benefitted to this point with favorable match ups. Does nayone here really think they'd have as much of a chance against the Pens right now?

Now, some positives: You couldn't ask for a better first game back for Savvy. Potting the game winner when all you wanted to do in game 1 was "fit in"? Beyond awesome.

Bergy, Krejci, Rask, Satan. To me right now these guys are the Fab 4. Totally unbelievable level of effort/skill/clutchness. Keep it up boys.

The next level--a shade less than aces but still vitally important: Recchi, Chara, Wides, Hunwick, and the rest of the D. (yes, Wides still gives me chest pains and both he and Hunny need to watch that Brierre video over and over until the words "take the body" are embedded in their bloodstream, but the D corps has been fantastic for the most part, and I hope they keep contributing to the offense as well. Oh, and I know everyone wants Chara to shoot more, but you know who should be blasting away even more? BOYCHUCK! Shoot the puck, Johnny...shoot the puck.

Need a little (or a lot) more from: Wheeler, Lucic, Thornton, Paille. I know looch is coming around a bit, but he could still be laying some heavier, clean checks on the Flyers...gotta wear these guys down first before they start doing it to the B's. Wheeler--gotta be a confidence thing, but he needs a goal right now as bad as any Bruin out there. Paille--love the speed...wish he could score. He had Boucher beat in the OT but shot it right into his pads...had the whole right side of the net open...take shooting practice, Danny. Please. Thornton's gotta step it up now that Sturm's out. Bang some bodies, bring energy...and shoot when you can. He actually has a decent scoring touch for a tough guy.

Overall--just win this series and we'll see what happens. Do I think they can beat Pitt.? Not really. But I didn't think the Habs could beat the Caps either. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Go Bruins!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Don't get overly excited about the Bruins. We all know what's going to happen. Just waiting for the wheels to come off. Probably in game 2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Don't get overly excited about the Bruins. We all know what's going to happen. Just waiting for the wheels to come off. Probably in game 2.
    Posted by cosmo14

well, that was kind of my point...I'm trying to Curb my enthusiasm, but how can you not at least be impressed/thrilled/thankful for what they've done so far? I was surprised they even made the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't get overly excited about the Bruins. We all know what's going to happen. Just waiting for the wheels to come off. Probably in game 2. Posted by cosmo14

We all know ? You mean you'll be back if the Bruins lose to reval in it but won't be back if the Bruins win or maybe you'll come back and say "I told you so." when the Bruins go up 2-0 in the series. I suspect you'll come back and say "Boston is lucky and they'll get killed by Pittsburgh."

PS. Now please log out now and comeback logged in as another user multiple miggs to call me a kool-aid drinking, pom pom waiving, JJ loyalists whose 10 years old! Is that fourteen Cosmos you've had ? Tongue out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

You guys are all nuts.  These guys are playing like a team possessed.  I have never seen a Bruins team come out the they way they did against Philly in Overtime yesterday.  And to that point, I've never seen a Bruins goaltender who's only weakness is Kyptonite, either.

These guys are the real deal.  We saw it last year.  But, instead of another regular season romp, they obviously saved it for the playoffs.  And i'm extremely glad they did.

Now with Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin on the way, all the musicians are asking for auditions.  Soderbergh?!  w t f?  Wasn't he going to Med school?  Bartkowski gets signed, already?

I wouldn't be surprised if Alexandrov is spotted looking at condo's in Backbay this summer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i still belive trading that pick for a 40 goal guy would even help the bs chances now even more...but thats my opnion...anyway im not perfect and i make errors just like everyone including gm's do..i wasnt knocking u chodawkid i said we are all friends]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

and for the record i do have an inside source...just like i said on trade day they were done dealing and guess what ii was right he has worked with the team since 1987-88 season and tells me what he knows even at times over the years has been wrong but i take what he says because hes alot closer to the situation

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

I have posted the same thing several times but I just can't get over the fact that there were Bruin fans wishing the Bruins would lose to certain teams and not make the playoffs. I was disgusted the first time I saw it, I am still disgusted and I will always be disgusted. No matter how bad you might think your team is (in any sport) you always want them to make the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

and for the record i do have an inside source...just like i said on trade day they were done dealing and guess what ii was right he has worked with the team since 1987-88 season and tells me what he knows even at times over the years has been wrong but i take what he says because hes alot closer to the situation
    Posted by bruins8

Didn't think you'd man up and apologize for comments that you made on draft lottery day. Instead you come up with how right you were on trade deadline day. This is the type of response I thought you'd give (trying to make yourself look good). Nothing like a good old fashioned bragger . Take credit for one thing but blame someone else on another. Just a bit of advice bruins8 next time your insider gives you info keep it to yourself because apparently he isn't that good of an insider if he gives you false information.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsBabe33. Show BruinsBabe33's posts

Well I am relatively new to being a Bruins fan (transplant) but I've watched and played sports all my life and I have gotten more chills watching the Bruins in the playoffs than any time before. 

First few minutes of OT Saturday = something special

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

for those of you that have posted the Bruins cant beat the Pens, well the 2nd game is over and the Habs won. Maybe the Bruins/Flyers wont have to play the Pens
    Posted by brentsmith

I'd rather play the Pens then the Habs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Something Special : I picked the Bruins to win this series in 6 games you goof. Why don't you and samsonov go back to working on your tree fort
    Posted by blueyedmannyfan

Civility please!