Sox Cheapest Tix:$12, Bruins Cheapest Tix: $30

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cronuss. Show Cronuss's posts

Re: Sox Cheapest Tix:$12, Bruins Cheapest Tix: $30

Fenway holds twice the people, and has more than twice as many games per season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from julienrules. Show julienrules's posts

And Fenway sells out the season in advance.

Yet manages to leave aside thousands of seats  at $12- $26, far less than market

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from diva886. Show diva886's posts

Aren't the Red Sox/baseball in general more popular than the Bruins/hockey in the market? On the one hand, you'd think the latter would have a lower price to increase demand & sales. But I guess the Sox can spread out their costs among more fans, so individual tickets can cost less.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

There's no rational excuse for this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Ya wanna go, pay the dough.  Recession or not, pro sports payrolls ain't goin' down, are they?   So neither are ticket prices.  Pro sports owners aren't in business to break even. 

Having said that, I'm about to sound like an old phart. 

Whether it's the Bruins, Celtics or Red Sox, ALL of our teams charge more than what most people are comfortable with.  If you grew up in the '60's and '70's, seeing what's happening today with tickets prices is truly astounding.  If you didn't grow up back then, maybe this is more palatable somehow. 

Did you see how high Celtics raised prices after they won the championship in 2008?  And what the Red Sox charge is almost criminal.  Frankly, I won't give it to 'em...for a freakin' baseball game?  Who's kidding whom?  I think the Pats are the fairest, though they offset some of that with what they charge to park.

Hockey's my favorite sport, and while I attend 40 AHL games and 15 college games annually, I only get to 3-4 Bruins per year, including the playoffs.  I won't pay more than $50 to watch a regular season Bruins game, no matter how good they get.    

As good as the new B's are, there isn't one player who's worth the price of admission by himself.  Collectively, they win and I love the job Chiarelli's doing, but we've been spoiled here with Hall of Fame greatness such as Orr, Espo, Park, O'Reilly (B's HOF!), Bourque and Neely, not to mention the passion that used to be present almost nightly.  With the new rules, players don't hit...players seldom get angry...and the fans are left to the video scoreboard and other such artificial instruments to have them "make noise".

By the way, I think we're all suckers if we fall for this Winter Classic hype.  Again, if tix were priced so a family of 4 could attend for $200, that would be one  thing.  But look how much they charged at Wrigley Field last year ($150-250 PER ticket).  The spectacle of B's-Phliars at Phenway SHOULD be great, but when they price it outta sight, it takes a lot of the fun out of it.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from havelrstarm. Show havelrstarm's posts

BruinsCountry almost every pro sports franchise is freezing prices or reducing them, no one is raising them 100-200% and taking advantage of fans like this

We your a blind defender of everything Jacobs and everything Bruins but even you must see what a blatant attempt to extort a fanbase that this is through all of your wool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cioffi865. Show cioffi865's posts

This is my 4th year as a season ticket holder... Not that it matters. But I pay $1600.00 for two seats and i dont give a sh!t about the tickets being raised becuase I am all set. But the reason the tickets were raised is because the bruins had so much season ticket holder interest that Jacobs had to raise the price for people who were not season ticket holders. Instead of having a waiting list for season ticket holders he just sells all he can and after the discounts the season ticket holders get he had to raise it for the casual goer to even out his profits from years past plus a lil more. 
    Example... My seats are $24.00 normally I pay $19.00 at my discount rate. After selling all those available for season ticket holders there was a dramatic demand that he released more with not a such a generous discount, maybe 2 dollars off a game. Most of the balcony went in season ticket packages that he rasied every seat in the house. 
    Im just trying to help if that makes sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Those seats will be $4,000  +NEXT season, and that will be a significant savings over Box. 

Look at the NEW rate.

BTW your seats have been raised to $51.50 for the crappy games and  $59.50 for the good games.  Check out the new prices.  Your price range got ESPECIALLY hosed. WELL north of 100%--close to 200% increase

So enjoy THIS year. You're right you got a good deal--for a year

The hope is--you and your colleagues will be quiet while this gets rammed through!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Meant $4,000 a PAIR

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonteaparty2. Show bostonteaparty2's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Cheapest Tix:$12, Bruins Cheapest Tix: $30:
    This is my 4th year as a season ticket holder... Not that it matters. But I pay $1600.00 for two seats and i dont give a sh!t about the tickets being raised becuase I am all set. But the reason the tickets were raised is because the bruins had so much season ticket holder interest that Jacobs had to raise the price for people who were not season ticket holders. Instead of having a waiting list for season ticket holders he just sells all he can and after the discounts the season ticket holders get he had to raise it for the casual goer to even out his profits from years past plus a lil more.  Example... My seats are $24.00 normally I pay $19.00 at my discount rate. After selling all those available for season ticket holders there was a dramatic demand that he released more with not a such a generous discount, maybe 2 dollars off a game. Most of the balcony went in season ticket packages that he rasied every seat in the house.  Im just trying to help if that makes sense.
    Posted by cioffi865

Enjoy it this season pal because it was a 1 season freeze, next season you'll be paying what the rest of the suckers are paying

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cioffi865. Show cioffi865's posts

thats not gonna happen because they know a lot of people will not re up if they raise over 100% what they have been paying for quite sometime. Ill probably have to pay a lil more but not that much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonteaparty2. Show bostonteaparty2's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Cheapest Tix:$12, Bruins Cheapest Tix: $30:
    thats not gonna happen because they know a lot of people will not re up if they raise over 100% what they have been paying for quite sometime. Ill probably have to pay a lil more but not that much.
    Posted by cioffi865

Its a done deal already! Hence the "freezing of current season ticket holders prices for this season"

Are you that naive to think that next year someone next to you will be paying twice what you are and your going to be able to sit in the same seats for less money? You've got to be kidding me... You who your dealing with right? Jacobs is the biggest snake oil salesman in North America. Be in denial all you want, just start saving your money for your beloved owner JJ

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

I"d rather pay $30 to see a team that will be the Stanley Cup winner than a baseball team that wont even make the palyoffs

GO BRRRRUINS ! ! ! !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Good for you

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I don't think bruins tickets are any more limited then the sox tickets be realistic.. I went on when tickets went on sale (not the presale) and was able to get 2 of the $30 dollar seats with out to much hassle.. Sox tickets go on sale like 6 months in advanced and you get stuck in the virtual waiting room for hours..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

hockey/basketball tickets have always been more expensive than baseball. less games,less seats.

Sections
Shortcuts