Stanley Cup Contender as Constituted?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Stanley Cup Contender as Constituted?

MeanE, Horton with just 25?  And Stuart and McQuaid with more goals than Alexandrov who's a puck mover with skill?  You must really not like Horton or the russian players.

I think Horton has a 35+ year and Alexandrov doubles any points McQuaid gets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

bim09 - you'll notice I didn't show any goals for Colborne, Sauve, Marchand, Hamill, 
    Caron, Reich either.  I prefaced my goal totals as essentially averages.  Nothing to do with Horton or about being Russian.  I am not sure Alexandrov, or the others even plays for the Big B's this year.  They may think he needs a year in Providence to learn the North American game?  My point in including the projected goal totals, was to indicate that with just average years for these players, the B's can be in the top 10 in scoring.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

just look at their 3 lines   savy horton lucic   krejc ryder wheels  bergy rex seguin  add sturm in dec   chara seidenberg rask  contender id argue 1 of the favorites to carry the cup!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Bergeron (30), Lucic (20), Ryder (16), Horton (32), Krejci (24) , Sturm (20, Recchi (10), Paille (9), Thornton(1), Seguin (18), Campbell (2), Wheeler (32), Colborne, Sauve, Marchand, Hamill, Caron, Reich-----(All 10)

Defense:
    Chara (11), Seidenberg (6), Ference (4), Boychuk (14), Hunwick (8), Robyn Regehr( 5 ),  Alexandrov(3)

Goal:Rask, G Justin Pogge

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

No4BobbyOrr...Bergeron (27), Lucic (25), Savard (22), Ryder (25), Horton (39), Krejci (22) , Sturm (9), Recchi (15), Paille (14), Thornton(1), Seguin (24), Campbell (8), Wheeler (35), Colborne, Sauve, Marchand, Hamill, Caron, Reich-----(All 10)

Just a small adjustment ....of course the Bruins will win the cup no question about that......

Stanley Cup in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Blakie stays)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

As of today, No. The team makeup changed but how well they mesh is still TBD.

We added Horton, talented player who is a notorious underachiever and known to be a pain in the *** in the locker room.
    Greg Campbell is a possible 3rd, but likely a 4th line, plugger.
    Tyler Seguin has huge potential but has proven nothing at the pro level. The Bruins have to be careful in not putting too much on his shoulders.
    Damage control will have to be done regarding Savvy and TT. Both willl be Bruins next season. Any negativity will need to be addressed and set aside immediately so it doesn't get dragged through the season.
    Rask still has to show he can carry the team. I love his potential but I don't think he's ready to be the absolute #1. Sometimes with a goalie it's better to take a step back rather than charge ahead.

I think they have enough to win the division because the Northeast has gotten weaker. Until we see how this team performs on the ice I can't say they are a contender. They absolutely must put last season's collapse in Game #7 behind them. That won't be apparent until the post season. They needed to get players who have a killer instinct and I don't see that they did that.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

BTW... A big difference in the Cup Finals was Chicago's ability to roll all 4 lines compared to Philly's 3. That's been Detroit's strength as well. I'm not comfortable that the B's can do that with this lineup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Thomas will not be with this team next year, say bye to Tim!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

You guys are delusional is you think Lucic will score 25 next year

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

They went 7 games in the 2nd round.  Year before they also went 7 games in the second round.  This coming season they will have the best team they've had in the last 3 years.  I don't see how you can't call them a contender.  My definition is one of the 8 best teams in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Stanley Cup Contender as Constituted?:
    You guys are delusional is you think Lucic will score 25 next year
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

It's possible.  He was injured or coming back from injury most of last year and had a cardboard cut out on the other wing.  Also, his center was injured or coming back from injury most of the season as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lucic got 25 if he plays with a good center and Horton on the other side.  Not surprised at all.

Sections
Shortcuts