Start Tim Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Re: Start Tim Thomas

NOT the worst idea. Remember when the Bruins had the 3-1 lead vs. Montreal, same type of thing happened to Raycroft (he gave up 10 goals in 2 games), and the Bruins had Felix Potvin sitting and watching. Then lost in game 7 (2-0). I still think if Potvin spells Raycroft in 5 or 6, the Bruins win that series. Maybe having TT play game 6, come back with a rested Rask if needed for game 7 isn't so crazy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

You do realize the Bruins scored ZERO goals last night, right? I guess if Thomas was in net the Bruins would have won 0-0.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I agree.Start Thomas,It's unfortunate you have to play Thomas now[the most important game of the year]but Rask hasn't been sharp the last two games.It's not a question of giving him a break,he hasn't played well the last two games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: Start Tim Thomas:
    I agree.Start Thomas,It's unfortunate you have to play Thomas now[the most important game of the year]but Rask hasn't been sharp the last two games.It's not a question of giving him a break,he hasn't played well the last two games.
    Posted by DallasSmith
    Thomas didn't play well for months on end but Clode kept throwing him back out there, Rask has 2 bad games and you wanna throw the flopper back out there? Rask is the main reason the Bruins made the playoffs and beat Buffalo and now you wanna hang him out to dry? Nice!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Game 6 is not the most important game of the year. Game 7 is. Tim Thomas could avoid Game 7 all together. However, If game 7 does occur you get a well rested Tuukka Rask in net.

Imagine if the series goes to the 7th game. With us advancing into the Conference finals. This would equate to 0 rest for Tuukka. Cuz I know theres no way the bruins can get Tuukka rest in the Eastern Finals with Penguins or Montreal. Series would most likely go 6 or 7 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Not going to happen.. CJ has hitched the B's wagon to Rask and he will live or die with him.. It would be terribly unfair to Thomas to get him in a game now from all that inactivity and suddenly expect him to be last years version.. Its a lose lose proposition...Ain't going to happen.. The Flyers too will realize that tomorrow when Leighton gets lit up like a Christmas tree because he has not played in a long time..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

if rask gets 4 or more against,thomas will be in game 7,trolls it dosnt matter if they lose again 4-0.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Game 6 is not the most important game of the year. Game 7 is. Tim Thomas could avoid Game 7 all together. However, If game 7 does occur you get a well rested Tuukka Rask in net. Imagine if the series goes to the 7th game. With us advancing into the Conference finals. This would equate to 0 rest for Tuukka. Cuz I know theres no way the bruins can get Tuukka rest in the Eastern Finals with Penguins or Montreal. Series would most likely go 6 or 7 games.
    Posted by Boston-kyle

It's not a question of rest though.Rask had an extra day off before last night's game and hasn't played any back to back games lately.You go with Thomas because Rask hasn't been sharp and you have to change it up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

In Response to Re: Start Tim Thomas : Thomas didn't play well for months on end but Clode kept throwing him back out there, Rask has 2 bad games and you wanna throw the flopper back out there? Rask is the main reason the Bruins made the playoffs and beat Buffalo and now you wanna hang him out to dry? Nice!
    Posted by notrolls

Guess you totally miss the entire reason we want to start Thomas. Its cuz Tuukka needs a game to rest. Tuukka is youre starter but he needs rest for 1 game. Otherwise he will continue to look sluggish.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: Start Tim Thomas : Guess you totally miss the entire reason we want to start Thomas. Its cuz Tuukka needs a game to rest. Tuukka is youre starter but he needs rest for 1 game. Otherwise he will continue to look sluggish.
    Posted by Boston-kyle

We don't know that he needs rest or that his game has gone south due to fatigue.You put Thomas in because Rask isn't playing well.If Thomas comes in and plays well,you keep playing him until he falters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: Start Tim Thomas : Guess you totally miss the entire reason we want to start Thomas. Its cuz Tuukka needs a game to rest. Tuukka is youre starter but he needs rest for 1 game. Otherwise he will continue to look sluggish.
    Posted by Boston-kyle
    He got an extra day of rest between games 4 and 5. Fact is, he could have had 10 days off, the Bruins didn't score 1 flippin goal last night, they wouldn't have won with Christ in net.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: Start Tim Thomas : He got an extra day of rest between games 4 and 5. Fact is, he could have had 10 days off, the Bruins didn't score 1 flippin goal last night, they wouldn't have won with Christ in net.
    Posted by notrolls

We need a change though.Thomas could come up big for one game.God knows he should be motivated to play well if he wants to be a no.1 goalie somewhere else.It's better to take a gamble now particularly since the Flyers will be playing there backup.If we wait and lose game 6 then we can't make a change and perhaps the downward spiral continues.It's not so much a question of it being Rask's fault sometimes a change is good just for the sake of change. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: Start Tim Thomas : We need a change though.Thomas could come up big for one game.God knows he should be motivated to play well if he wants to be a no.1 goalie somewhere else.It's better to take a gamble now particularly since the Flyers will be playing there backup.If we wait and lose game 6 then we can't make a change and perhaps the downward spiral continues.It's not so much a question of it being Rask's fault sometimes a change is good just for the sake of change. 
    Posted by DallasSmith
    You don't sit a young rookie goalie in his first ever NHL playoffs that just lost a game "just for the sake of change". (especially when the team in front of him scored exactly ZERO goals!)
    Instead you wanna stick a 36 year old that hasn't played in a month?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: Start Tim Thomas : You don't sit a young rookie goalie in his first ever NHL playoffs that just lost a game "just for the sake of change". (especially when the team in front of him scored exactly ZERO goals!) Instead you wanna stick a 36 year old that hasn't played in a month?
    Posted by notrolls
    Under the current circumstances,yes I do.Thomas hasn't been as bad as you are making him out to be.He certainly hasn't played as well as he did last year but he too has been hung out to dry by our popgun offense.Considering the dynamics:Flyers playing there backup,Rask so -so the last two games,the fact that it is game 6,Thomas desperately wanting to prove himself,yes I would start Thomas.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

a NHL goalie that lets in 4 or more goals for 2 games straight is not doing well.The Bruins have enough trouble they need a hot goalie or they are dead,even if they still had Krejci.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

You guys are acting like Rask gave up 4 stinkers. Fact is, he only gave up 1 bad goal. Other than that the "defense" hung him out to dry. Ference looked like a JV player, Wideman looked like a deer caught in headlights (again) and Stuart showed signs of rust (understandably so). AND, can someone tell Hunwick he doesn't play left wing? He causes way too many odd man rushes when he gets caught pinching.
    Anyway, starting Thomas is not the answer. Tuukka got them in the playoffs and past Buffalo, he'll finish the job against Philly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

You guys are acting like Rask gave up 4 stinkers. Fact is, he only gave up 1 bad goal. Other than that the "defense" hung him out to dry. Ference looked like a JV player, Wideman looked like a deer caught in headlights (again) and Stuart showed signs of rust (understandably so). AND , can someone tell Hunwick he doesn't play left wing? He causes way too many odd man rushes when he gets caught pinching. Anyway, starting Thomas is not the answer. Tuukka got them in the playoffs and past Buffalo, he'll finish the job against Philly.
    Posted by notrolls
    I agree the D was terrible but I think Rask seems to be getting caught out of position quite often in the last two games,he is not as technically sound as he was.If Thomas loses game 6,we go back to Rask for game 7.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: Start Tim Thomas : I agree the D was terrible but I think Rask seems to be getting caught out of position quite often in the last two games,he is not as technically sound as he was.If Thomas loses game 6,we go back to Rask for game 7.
    Posted by DallasSmith
    I think Clode will stick with Tuukka tomorrow, let's just hope the D tightens up and the offense can manage to score a couple goals on a bonafide backup goalie because if they do make it past Philly they're gonna have to put the puck past a real goaltender. I don't want the Habs to beat Pitt, but can you imagine what Crosby and Malkin will do to Wideman, Hunwick and Ference?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I don't understand why CJ kept Rask in the nets after the second.  He should have gave him some rest and see how Thomas reacts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

You do realize the Bruins scored ZERO goals last night, right? I guess if Thomas was in net the Bruins would have won 0-0.
    Posted by notrolls

maybe he should have done better in the 5-4 loss then. you were probably one of the people bitching about "5 hole TT" in last years playoffs because he lost a 2-1 or 3-2 game yet defend Rask when he gives up 5 and then 4 goals.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

When someone said start Thomas in game 5, I thought that was crazy. But with Rask having given up 9 goals in 2 games, both losses, I'm not so sure it's crazy now. Thomas is a vet and played well for us in the playoffs last year. He might just be able to beat the Flyers tomorrow night. And despite what some people say, his numbers were decent this year. We just didn't give him any goal support. Rask maybe needs a break. If we lose game 6, then fine, put Rask back in at home for game 7. But I'm thinking the veteran might be better able to handle the big game pressure on the road in front of a hostile crowd right now. This is actually a bit of a tough call, I think, and 24 hours ago I would've said taking Rask out was nutso.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I love how its not Rasks fault. Its Ference, Wideman, Stuart, Hunwick, Chara, etc., etc., etc., but its NEVER Rasks fault.  Rask is the fvckin' goalie for kristsake!!!!  He has one job and one job only:  STOP THE PUCK!!!!!  The last 2 games Rask has played as poorly as anyone.  I said it in another post, Ill say it again:  Its like a repeat of Carey Price.  If they play Rask and lose, game 7 comes back to Boston and then what?  If they play Timmy it might motivate Rask, and if Timmy has a bad game and it comes back to Boston for 7, then you put Rask back in.  There is NOTHING bad that can come out of playing Timmy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

You guys are acting like Rask gave up 4 stinkers. Fact is, he only gave up 1 bad goal. Other than that the "defense" hung him out to dry. Ference looked like a JV player, Wideman looked like a deer caught in headlights (again) and Stuart showed signs of rust (understandably so). AND , can someone tell Hunwick he doesn't play left wing? He causes way too many odd man rushes when he gets caught pinching. Anyway, starting Thomas is not the answer. Tuukka got them in the playoffs and past Buffalo, he'll finish the job against Philly.
    Posted by notrolls

Great post notrolls, you are right on to defend this kid and the way he has been playing.  Tuukka gives the Bruins the best chance to win Game 6, this series and advance in the playoffs.  This kid has been unbelievable in net, both down the stretch and in the playoffs.  It is too bad that the TT Fan Club still can't get over it. 

Here are some details for you Tuukka haters to chew on... TT has not played in an NHL game since April 11th.  His final 4 regular season appearances included being pulled early from 2 of his final 4 starts.  In the 2 games that he was pulled early, he played a total of 45 minutes while allowing 6 goals!  Final 4 games included a 2-2 record and a 3.18 GAA (that includes his shutout on 3/27 VS Calgary).  Sorry folks TT is not the answer, Tuukka is the smart choice!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Anyone remember the AHL playoffs last season?  Rask was great the first two rounds.  Then got lit up in the third round and Providence lost in 5 games.  Could of been a fatigue issue then too.  I am not opposed to giving Thomas game 6.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from camneely1983. Show camneely1983's posts

Everyone is so hard on TT, but he has owned the flyers and the numbers dont lie...the same way Rask owned the Sabres.  He shouldve been thrown in there last night in the third to warm up for game 6, but since he wasnt it doesnt look like CJ will start him.   

Sections
Shortcuts