State of The Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

State of The Bruins

This team is without a doubt moving in the right direction. All you babies can cry all you want about The Bruins being "an embarassment" to Boston but it takes time to fix the mess that was made in the pre-chiarelli days. If anything, things are turning around quicker than anyone thought. Virtually every hockey analyst picked the Bruins to finish either dead last  or second to last in the east, and they shocked everyone by making the playoffs and sticking around for 7 games with a team that was much better than them. And keep in mind that was without Bergeron and Fernandez, and with tons of injuries, and with Glen Murray playing as horrible as ever.

Wheeler and Marquardt are great pick-ups. Now they need to trade up and try to land Kyle Beach in the draft. Think of any two of those guys on a line with Lucic one day in the future. Nobody would wanna get in their way. As far as our young players, I think we are in a really good position.

Obviously we need to get rid of Murray. You know Jacobs isnt gonna pay him $4.15 Million to play in the minors, and from what Chia has been saying im starting to think he doesnt have the balls to buy him out of his contract. This worries me, I think Murray held the team back last season and will do the same thing this season, probably to a worse extent.

Screw all the crap about Tim Thomas being "floppy" and having poor style or whatever. Bottom line is...DUDE WAS AN ALL-STAR. I think they should have signed Auld as the backup next year and sent Fernandez packing. Give homas some respect, he has kept us in so many games we had no business being in. Plus we could really use that cash from Manny's salary.

As for trading for Marleau, that just seems ridiculous to me. As other people here have said, we got so many centers, and alot of good young centers. Marleau would make no sense on this team.

They need to get Wideman, Stuart, and Nokelainen locked up for this season. I also think Metropolit was important to this teams success last season and they need to reward him and sign him, after all he wasnt even expected to make the team last year.

As for Free Agents, I would say Hossa or Avery for fowards and Liles or Hainsey for defense, but thats assuming we can dump salary.

I would label Axelsson, Schaefer, Alberts, and Lashoff trade bait. Alberts and Lashoff havent shown me anything and im tired of waiting on them to develop. They've been around for a while.

So hang in there, its not gonna happen over night but we are finally moving in the right direction, by the time the Big 3 are old and washed up, and Tom Brady is passed his prime and Randy Moss is long gone, we might actually have a cup on our hands.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

State of The Bruins

Chia will buy out Muzz but only after he has found someone to take his roster spot.  If we can sign a free agent winger on July 1 Muzz is history. If not he will be in camp and if one of the young players steps up and takes his spot he will again be history.  Chia is playing smart not throwing away a player until his roster spot is filled.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

State of The Bruins

Good post spJay...you know your stuff. Might I add that Axelsson needs to go. He had a horrendous playoffs and with Metro showing amazing PK skill and able-bodied youngsters like Nokelainen in the mix, he makes excellent trade bait. He is cheap, a vet, and has been solid in the past.

Ahh the Glen Murray situation. Being a big fan and being from the same city as Muzz I find it hard to harp on him...but as bostons go to goal scorer...ughh..tough spot for Chiarelli to be in. I have to agree with Peter that Muzz has one of the best shots in the game...and with any luck someone like SJ will be willing to bite on him because he is in his last year of contract. Jon Cheechoo needs a change of scenery and id love for Pete to package muzz up with some goodies and make that deal happen at the draft. I mean..what fan doesnt wanna see Jumbo Joe and Muzz back together one last time.

My predictions for Chiarelli's offseason?:

-Metropolit asks for too much after a great season and gets picked up by someone else.
    -Boston picks up a goalscorer under 4mil (Nagy, Prucha, Svatos)
    -Boston pays up (5-6mil) to secure a UFA or RFA defenseman who has a strong first pass out of the zone (Hainsey, Liles)
    -Boston is forced to pay Wideman too much through arbitration.
    -Boston finds a way to dump Murray, and one of either alberts/scheaf/axellson

* Also for the record...as an amateur analyst..I had Boston finishing 6th in the east last year---which wasnt far off. (Althought after Bergy went down I wanted to take that back) But your right..most pros had them coming in 13, 14th, 15th in the east.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

State of The Bruins

Muzz could still be a useful player, but not on the first line. We are only on the hook for one more year so there is no need to give away picks or prospects just to get rid of him. Put him on the third line with Krecji and Schafer or Kobasew(somebody who's good along the boards) and give krecji a chance to show off his puck skills with a shooter and a grinder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

State of The Bruins

Theres no one interested in Murray and the Bruins are stuck with his bloated price tag. But I agree not time to do anything rash and give away too much just to save a few bucks. If that bad groin heals he could still be useful on the PP . More than likely he will go on the shelf injured again and open up a spot for one of our up and comers anyway. Next year the problem solves itself with his contract being up. Would be nice if that cash was freed up for this year but obvious time is running out for a buyout . Maybe with any luck Glen will feel bad about being paid all those millions and forfeit by retiring....YAAAAA right!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

State of The Bruins

Boston cant afford to make the moves they want to make with Muzz on board. Period. If he stays...he has to score goals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

State of The Bruins

[Quote]Boston cant afford to make the moves they want to make with Muzz on board. Period. If he stays...he has to score goals.[/Quote]

don't discount how a player plays when they are in a contract year. wouldn't surprise me if he played 70 games and scored 25-28 goals. It's amazing how some players turn up their game when they want a new contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orristhebest.. Show Orristhebest.'s posts

State of The Bruins

[Quote]don't discount how a player plays when they are in a contract year. wouldn't surprise me if he played 70 games and scored 25-28 goals. It's amazing how some players turn up their game when they want a new contract. [/Quote]

If you can't turn your game on against Montreal in the playoffs then I doubt you can turn it on at all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

State of The Bruins

hockey players today begin to decline around age 28....Murray is well past that.  Hossa is what 29?  Don't know if I'd throw good money after bad.