Stay Puft Marshmallow Men

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Stay Puft Marshmallow Men

Watching the B's game the other night an image appeared in my mind when I first saw Tim Thomas,  the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. God he's huge with all the equipment on. I realize the problem of excessively large goaltender equipment includes every goalie in the NHL but with Tim, for some reason it just stood out for me. Seriously, I know this issue is addressed periodically by the NHL and I certainly do not want the health of any goaltender placed at risk, but something can and should be done. Goaltenders take up so much of the net its ridiculous; if its impossible to make the equipment tighter fitting yet safe (which I have no doubt they could) then they need to make the goals larger.   Just a thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Stay Puft Marshmallow Men

Uh...I'm guessing Thomas's equipment is skin tight.  They do call him "Tank".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Have you seen that Ryan Miller ad where he is throwing the tennis ball against the wall? 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ410r-y-_o

He is looks more like a Kenyan marathoner than an NFL linebacker, yet in his pads you would think he was 285lbs.  I am a big advocate of reducing the size of goalie equipment, I think it hurts the game.  My proposal would be to eliminate composite sticks as well, to better protect them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Stay Puft Marshmallow Men:
    Have you seen that Ryan Miller ad where he is throwing the tennis ball against the wall?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ410r-y-_o He is looks more like a Kenyan marathoner than an NFL linebacker, yet in his pads you would think he was 285lbs.  I am a big advocate of reducing the size of goalie equipment, I think it hurts the game.  My proposal would be to eliminate composite sticks as well, to better protect them.
    Posted by Crowls2424

both good ideas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

In Response to Re: Stay Puft Marshmallow Men:
    Have you seen that Ryan Miller ad where he is throwing the tennis ball against the wall?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ410r-y-_o He is looks more like a Kenyan marathoner than an NFL linebacker, yet in his pads you would think he was 285lbs.  I am a big advocate of reducing the size of goalie equipment, I think it hurts the game.  My proposal would be to eliminate composite sticks as well, to better protect them.
    Posted by Crowls2424

I agree eliminate the composite sticks, a puck can be shot very hard with a wooden stick. I know a lot of people joke about TT's size but he's a well conditioned athlete, not excessively large - not svelt either but it's the darn equipment. When goalies can stay on their knees and still occupy most the net space, something is amiss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Agree with a lot of whats been said.

Timmy is a well conditioned athlete, for sure.  And really, 5'11" 200lbs isnt exactly "small".  Im 5'11", 210 and in VERY good shape physically (XL shirt, 33" waist) and Im much larger than the majority of people I know and see in the stores.  Timmy is a "big boy" for sure.

Now, guys like Miller who are 6'2", 6'3" and only 180, those guys are beanpoles and their pads ARE huge. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I cannot stand it.  The worst is the "thigh protector" that just so happens to close the five-hole.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

TT is listed at 5'11 182 lbs..that is exactly my wt and ht and  am by no means fat or even plump.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Eliminate composite sticks?  Hey, I'm old, but at least I don't go spouting off like an old grumpy disgruntled old man.

I've been stockpiling my fave composite by grabbing deals off ebay. Now that I have 3, you're going to go and illegalize them on me?

This is America.  I have a right to bear arms.  You'll only take my composites away from me by prying them out of my cold dead hands.

Sections
Shortcuts