STICK A FORK IN THEM THE BRUINS ARE DONE I HATE TO SAY THIS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from undeafeatedpatsfan. Show undeafeatedpatsfan's posts

Re: STICK A FORK IN THEM THE BRUINS ARE DONE I HATE TO SAY THIS

Hey Milan, with fans like you who needs enemies, but anyway we can win game six by staying out of the penalty box, the bruins can't put any long substantial pressure on if they are always in the box killing penalties, right or wrong on the penalties (9-2) we just need to stay out of the box. I still believe we will win this series because I am a TRUE BRUIN FAN!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

welcome aboard undeafetedpats fan.

you show up during the playoffs but where were u during the dismal regular season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

Reminds me of the fan mindset in mid Feb. this year.

Thanks, I'll pass.

Go Brooons!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Boy.....You Bruin Fans are a tough crowd to please.

Really, the game was ugly, their worst in the playoffs.

Up until then they pretty much have been the most consistent team in the playoffs.  Rask came back down to earth a bit....looked average last night.

I think injuries have caught up with them, at least offensively.  But they had some chances early.

What I think happened for the first time last night was they lost their discipline.
    Some really bad penalties, probably out of frustration.  Too much running around.

I think the Flyers will win Game 6, they have the momentum and the home ice, but the Bruins need to at least play like they have been and make it a close game.   Keep it close and stick with the neutral ice trap.  No more bad penalties.

They will come back to Boston and win in Game 7.  Can't see the Flyer goaltending holding up.

P.S.  You have to give the Flyers credit.  They completely outplayed the Bruins last night and they have some bonafide offensive stars on that team.  I think most experts felt this would go 6 or 7.  Jumping to a 3-0 lead was a surprise.

If, at the beginning of the series you were asked if you would be happy to be going into Game 6 with a 3-2 lead, I think most of the fans would have been happy with that.

Cheers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

HOCKEY IS FULL OF SURPRISES-- That's why we follow it.  The Bs surprised us with a real true stinker of a game last night.  Especially the second period-- like a bad dream.   COL= Cry out loud.

BUT if we were surprised by that bad dream, we can sure be surprised by a good one on Wednesday. Teams do that-- bounce back.  It's the magic of momentum.

So expect the unexpected...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: STICK A FORK IN THEM THE BRUINS ARE DONE I HATE TO SAY THIS:
    Boy.....You Bruin Fans are a tough crowd to please. Really, the game was ugly, their worst in the playoffs. Up until then they pretty much have been the most consistent team in the playoffs.  Rask came back down to earth a bit....looked average last night. I think injuries have caught up with them, at least offensively.  But they had some chances early. What I think happened for the first time last night was they lost their discipline. Some really bad penalties, probably out of frustration.  Too much running around. I think the Flyers will win Game 6, they have the momentum and the home ice, but the Bruins need to at least play like they have been and make it a close game.   Keep it close and stick with the neutral ice trap.  No more bad penalties. They will come back to Boston and win in Game 7.  Can't see the Flyer goaltending holding up. P.S.  You have to give the Flyers credit.  They completely outplayed the Bruins last night and they have some bonafide offensive stars on that team.  I think most experts felt this would go 6 or 7.  Jumping to a 3-0 lead was a surprise. If, at the beginning of the series you were asked if you would be happy to be going into Game 6 with a 3-2 lead, I think most of the fans would have been happy with that. Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

You make good points but this team is lacking what it takes to make the kill. They should not need their backs to the wall to come up with a great performance especially for the home fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Aren't the Bruins WINNING the series 3-2? I know last night was brutal, but perhaps people are hitting the panic button a bit too early?
    Posted by Kennedy97

Ha Ha I laugh at these threads pure comedy. The Bruins put up a dog on game 5 of Sabres and the same posters saying the series was over then are here now.

You are correct Kennedy there's 2 games left and the Flyers do not have Boucher anymore. Philly played a great game plain and simple my hat goes off to them. How good have the Bruins been on the road ? Especially against Philly!

Penguins look frustrated  Eh Kennedy ? As I said in the 2nd round prediction thread Halak could steal that series...No panic here...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

MILANlucic17 change your handle. You are nothing like your namesake.

If the Bruins played like you post - I would agree- the series is over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

HOCKEY IS FULL OF SURPRISES-- That's why we follow it.  The Bs surprised us with a real true stinker of a game last night.  Especially the second period-- like a bad dream.   COL= Cry out loud. BUT if we were surprised by that bad dream, we can sure be surprised by a good one on Wednesday. Teams do that-- bounce back.  It's the magic of momentum. So expect the unexpected...
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Well said ClamMan well said!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I'm still willing to believe...but i AM nervous, based on last night and having to go back to Philly for Game 6, and I have to say it--I want no part of a Game 7 to decide this series.

Sobotka? I want the you from the Buffalo series.
    Ryder? Shoot the Fkng puck. You're better than this.
    Savard? Grace period's over...I know that's harsh given what you're coming back from but the circumstances demand your skills and leadership NOW.
    Satan? What have you got against shooting a backhand? You had an extra 5 feet to work with when you tried that spin-o-rama instead to your forehand. Message to all Bruins forwards: Trust the backhand shot!
    Wheeler? Enough already. Score or get off the ice.
    Whitfield? I know he's not a center, but I'd rather see Marchand.
    Stuart? If you're not up to it, tell the coach and take a seat. I'd rather see Boychuk get the extra minutes if you can't handle it.
    McQuaid? Come back. We need your physical presence.
    Lucic? Be a hero. Prove to me you can be that bang-bang game changer/skill/tough guy all the other Bruins fans tell me you are. Make winning this series the moment you take your game--and the team as well--to a higher level.
    Coach? Can't you motivate these guys to play with urgency AND smarts? isn't that your job? It can't be all about defensive box strategies. Light a fire, and get the job done!

I'm not ready to abandon ship yet--but I'm looking over the edge. Nevertheless, since we did build up that 3-game lead and that SHOULD lead to a series win:

Go Bruins!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: STICK A FORK IN THEM THE BRUINS ARE DONE I HATE TO SAY THIS : You make good points but this team is lacking what it takes to make the kill. They should not need their backs to the wall to come up with a great performance especially for the home fans.
    Posted by jwb413

The B's didn't play that well in game 4, but luckily got that great goal in the last minute to force ot.  Anything can happen in ot, and I feel even after that loss, the boys thought they could mail it in....in game 5.  The fact they got "brutally" spanked last nite better be a wake up call.  The bruins are good enough to beat these guys once, in a potential 2 game series.
    They're by no means done unless they choose to be.  The group that wants it the most, will undoubetly win.
    Two keys to winning this series.  #1.Put last game behind them in a hurry, play with urgency, discipline, and confidence.  Test Philly's goalie, and don't panic if they score first.  Continue to replicate, not re invent what's worked for the last few weeks.  Learn from last nite and move forward.
     #2.  Stay away from boston.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I predicted this. Bruins will be the 2004 Yankees blowing a 3-0 lead. Still Bruins fans will call this season a success and the FO will do nothing. Where is the outrage?
    Posted by cosmo14

Virtually everyone "predicted', the Bruins would be handily disposed of, by Buffalo.  Not a big demand for prognostigators on these boards.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think  losing game 4 in ot was a huge let down for the B's . No matter what they said afterwards , being 1 goal away from a sweep and letting it slip away has got to be pretty hard to take . I think coming home for game 5 they were ripe for a loss , they were likely feeling sorry for themselves and before they knew it Philly didn't show much sympathy . Now they know this series is for real and i am sure you will see a different team next game . I will not guarantee a victory next game but i do think the Bruins team we see will be the one that closed out Buffalo and i DO think the B's will win the series !!   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I think  losing game 4 in ot was a huge let down for the B's . No matter what they said afterwards , being 1 goal away from a sweep and letting it slip away has got to be pretty hard to take . I think coming home for game 5 they were ripe for a loss , they were likely feeling sorry for themselves and before they knew it Philly didn't show much sympathy . Now they know this series is for real and i am sure you will see a different team next game . I will not guarantee a victory next game but i do think the Bruins team we see will be the one that closed out Buffalo and i DO think the B's will win the series !!   
    Posted by 50belowzero

I would agree except they really should have lost Game 4 in regulation and should take inspiration that they were even able to force OT.

Overall--what's happening here? Why am I--usually the biggest pessimist around when it comes to the B's--finding myself defending their chances for still winning the series against so many others now telling me it's all over?

Something's wrong with that picture. I blasted this team all year long. no one hates JJ more than me and I should in theory be taking this opportunity to say this is the real team the owner gave us--another sea of black and gold mediocrity just good enough to make the playoffs but not really go anywhere, and enough to get the sheep back into the pen next year--but I'm not doing that this time. I'm trying hard to look for the glass half full here and I expected more from the forum-ites to help me along.

I can do bleak and doom and gloom w/out any help from you guys...you;re supposed to be talking me off the edge, not shoving me over!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

In Response to Re: STICK A FORK IN THEM THE BRUINS ARE DONE I HATE TO SAY THIS : I would agree except they really should have lost Game 4 in regulation and should take inspiration that they were even able to force OT. Overall--what's happening here? Why am I--usually the biggest pessimist around when it comes to the B's--finding myself defending their chances for still winning the series against so many others now telling me it's all over? Something's wrong with that picture. I blasted this team all year long. no one hates JJ more than me and I should in theory be taking this opportunity to say this is the real team the owner gave us--another sea of black and gold mediocrity just good enough to make the playoffs but not really go anywhere, and enough to get the sheep back into the pen next year--but I'm not doing that this time. I'm trying hard to look for the glass half full here and I expected more from the forum-ites to help me along. I can do bleak and doom and gloom w/out any help from you guys...you;re supposed to be talking me off the edge, not shoving me over!
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Funny post, TTBI. The way I see it, the team stunk pretty much all year. The 1st round against Buffalo was an abberation. I mean, Sobotka played well??? What is that? The team we've seen the last 2-3 games are the real Bruins...this year. A major housecleaning is needed. I'm hoping the Flyers win the next two so we can broom all the dead weight out the door. There's no way Boston wins this series. Half their team does absolutely nothing all the time. They are nothing but worthless dead weight - Ryder, Wheeler, Sturm, Paille, Thornton, Begin, Wideman, Ference, Hunwick...these guys aren't worth a bag of pucks. I'll be so happy to see them leave. I wish the offseason could begin now. The Flyers, on the other hand, look like a team that wants to win. The Bruins are done. But with the right changes, we could be a contender next year. Unfortunately, PC is the one making those changes, and he's the idiot that got us into this mess in the first place.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

now if the bruins played like i post they would win because when they play with emotion thats what they usualy do

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

//Message to all Bruins forwards: Trust the backhand shot!/

Weeker needs to pay attention to this especially. He's been in alone with the goalie the last few games. He needs to look up the word "deke"!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

//Message to all Bruins forwards: Trust the backhand shot!/ Weeker needs to pay attention to this especially. He's been in alone with the goalie the last few games. He needs to look up the word "deke"!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin
    Wheeler couldn't score in the red light district with a handful of hundreds.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

TTBI - I'm here for ya.

All of the games have been close with the exception of last night.  Rule of thumb for one goal games?  Bet on the team with the best goaltender. 

Yeah, the Bruins coulda/shoulda lost game 4 in reg., but they didn't.  And I think that's part of why you've taken a couple of steps back from the ledge.  The team we watched all year?  They'd have scored into their own empty net.  This playoff version?  Perfect execution, great pass by Bergeron, great shot by Recchi.  Bang, bang, bang, just like winners do it when they have that opportunity.  They should have won it in OT - they had the better chances.

But back to why you're off the ledge: Ryan Miller took one of the best international teams in the history of the game to OT.  These Bruins made him look human.  The Sabres hadn't lost when leading after two all year - the Bruins came back and took games from them, and not just from down one goal.  Teams that have trouble scoring usually lose when giving up the first goal - these Bruins seem to thrive when coming from behind.

In other words, they've been playing like one of those "never tell me the odds!" teams that finds ways to win, not ways to lose.  They've been everything you want a Bruins team to be in terms of resilience.  Even when they've had a stinker, like game 5 at Buffalo, they've come back.  I still say the key to this and every succeeding series (knocking on wood now) is Savard playing like Savard, and if he has the kind of game 6 he's capable of playing, this ride will continue. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

TTBI - I'm here for ya. All of the games have been close with the exception of last night.  Rule of thumb for one goal games?  Bet on the team with the best goaltender.  Yeah, the Bruins coulda/shoulda lost game 4 in reg., but they didn't.  And I think that's part of why you've taken a couple of steps back from the ledge.  The team we watched all year?  They'd have scored into their own empty net.  This playoff version?  Perfect execution, great pass by Bergeron, great shot by Recchi.  Bang, bang, bang, just like winners do it when they have that opportunity.  They should have won it in OT - they had the better chances. But back to why you're off the ledge: Ryan Miller took one of the best international teams in the history of the game to OT.  These Bruins made him look human.  The Sabres hadn't lost when leading after two all year - the Bruins came back and took games from them, and not just from down one goal.  Teams that have trouble scoring usually lose when giving up the first goal - these Bruins seem to thrive when coming from behind. In other words, they've been playing like one of those "never tell me the odds!" teams that finds ways to win, not ways to lose.  They've been everything you want a Bruins team to be in terms of resilience.  Even when they've had a stinker, like game 5 at Buffalo, they've come back.  I still say the key to this and every succeeding series (knocking on wood now) is Savard playing like Savard, and if he has the kind of game 6 he's capable of playing, this ride will continue. 
    Posted by Bookboy007

Savard has got to pick up some of the offense lost with Krejci down.  Agreed, he's the key.  Hopefully he and Satan can get some of that chemistry that was there between Satan and Krejci.  Just win one and regroup...Claude has consistently been unable to coach when they are a favorite, maybe now that the tables seem to be turning he'll find the answers.  The Bruins just gotta execute his system and let Tuuka do the rest, the offense will come.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

The offense can be solved by getting back to simple hockey shots from the point with bodies and traffic in front. This can easily be accomplished if the bruins are willing to work. Lets hope they bring their hard hats and lunch pails for game 6 because game 5 they simply went through the motions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

TTBI - I'm here for ya. All of the games have been close with the exception of last night.  Rule of thumb for one goal games?  Bet on the team with the best goaltender.  Yeah, the Bruins coulda/shoulda lost game 4 in reg., but they didn't.  And I think that's part of why you've taken a couple of steps back from the ledge.  The team we watched all year?  They'd have scored into their own empty net.  This playoff version?  Perfect execution, great pass by Bergeron, great shot by Recchi.  Bang, bang, bang, just like winners do it when they have that opportunity.  They should have won it in OT - they had the better chances. But back to why you're off the ledge: Ryan Miller took one of the best international teams in the history of the game to OT.  These Bruins made him look human.  The Sabres hadn't lost when leading after two all year - the Bruins came back and took games from them, and not just from down one goal.  Teams that have trouble scoring usually lose when giving up the first goal - these Bruins seem to thrive when coming from behind. In other words, they've been playing like one of those "never tell me the odds!" teams that finds ways to win, not ways to lose.  They've been everything you want a Bruins team to be in terms of resilience.  Even when they've had a stinker, like game 5 at Buffalo, they've come back.  I still say the key to this and every succeeding series (knocking on wood now) is Savard playing like Savard, and if he has the kind of game 6 he's capable of playing, this ride will continue. 
    Posted by Bookboy007

OK, Bookboy007:

You finally said something that actually gives me greater hope than I had before--something I hadn't thought about til you mentioned it: They in fact DID turn in a very similar stink-o-rama against Buffalo in Game 5...exactly the same circumstances--a chance to put a team away, and failing to even come close (The only difference being the Buff. Game 5 was on the road and Monday's game 5 was at home...which in theory should have made it easier...)

But yes...they did then turn around in Game 6 and close the deal...turning in a tough, hard-fought effort against a very good Buffalo squad (at least as good and probably better than Philly w/almost definitely a better goalie).

so there's precedent for the Bruins going good after showing up bad, and let's hope this time is similar. The thing that does worry me most is the thought that the B's will have tucked away in the back of their heads the "cushion"---that "Oh, even if we lose here we have game 7 on home ice" mentality that will absolutely doom them to failure if they let it dictate their game.
    They MUST treat tomorrow night's game 6 as if it IS game 7 and play with fire, smarts, intensity, desperation, and purpose.

They did that in Game 6 after a dud in Game 5, so they CAN do it again...Krejci's not there, true--BUT they didn't have Savard against Buffalo, and if you look at it that way, Savvy has the potential now to even that equation out.

Go Bruins!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: STICK A FORK IN THEM THE BRUINS ARE DONE I HATE TO SAY THIS : Wheeler couldn't score in the red light district with a handful of hundreds.Posted by notrolls

Hee Hee Nice! Tongue out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

For no reason whatsoever:

Just checked the Celts-Cavs - and they're saying the same thing in Ohio: "Cavs are done!"  Same situation after tonight - 3-2.  So tell me, if you're a Celtics fan as well as a Bruin fan, who's done and who's not?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

This game was exactly the same as the game vs the Pens when they came out flat.  We where all mad in here including myself.  The managment spoke to the players...Neely spoke out to the media and that end up being the turning point of their season because the following game the Bruins started to play better.

Did i liked what i saw last game...no.  Do I think they should have taken care of business at home...yes.  The fact and the matter is that they didn't.  But the fact and the matter with this team is that they are unpredictable.

We have 2 more tries.  I think the Bruins have not played well defensively so far vs the Flyers.  I think that the Sabres where a much better team offensively with more speed than the Flyers.  The Bruins have to go back to basics with their stingy defense and tell their D to pinch when sure to sustain pressure to create more offense.

Sections
Shortcuts