still time to pickup Heatley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

still time to pickup Heatley

I think if the Bruins trade Sturm, the rights to Kessel and Andrew ference this deal can get done.

just think
    Lucic, Savard, heatley
    Wheeler, Krejci, Ryder
    Kobasew, Bergeron, Recchi
    Thornton, Begin, Bitz

Chara, Ward
    Wideman, Stuart
    Hunwick, Boychuck

Thomas
    Rask

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: still time to pickup Heatley

Your crazy//heatley is a whiner

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins0615. Show Bruins0615's posts

yeah, i don't want a malcontent on our team. the guy should remember he killed a teammate of his with his terrible driving. now he's selfish and whiny. no thanks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

In Response to still time to pickup Heatley:
    [QUOTE]I think if the Bruins trade Sturm, the rights to Kessel and Andrew ference this deal can get done. Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

Seriously...

That trade wouldn't even work on your xbox!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

okay bringing up a car accident is kind of a low blow....uncalled for. but yea, this trade is stupid, theres a reason PC is making no effort to get it done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

The last thing Ottawa wants now that they're on the hook for Heatley's $4 million bonus is trade for salary. For this trade to work (and I'm not saying i endorse a trade for Heatley, he's a cancer to his team and selfish) you'd have to substitute somebody like Colborne instead of Sturm, and a better defensive player than Ference.
    As for Heatley's conduct there's no way you could spin a trade here and giving up Kessel as progress to the fans. He asked for a trade, then rejects the best trade available for Ottawa because he wants to be the top gun in a major market. The phrase that should apply here is beggars can't be choosers, but Heatley thinks he can be both. He's ruined himself in the eyes of Senators fans and various fans and mangement everywhere else.
    Some people may try and say well his talent speaks for itself, but how much does it speak if it's only there for 2 years and wants to leave.
    Ottawa's price for Heatley has gone up for the plain and simple fact that their owner doesn't want to spend so much money for a bad situation, he'd rather keep Heatley and try and let him redeem himself a bit before moving him again.
    Look for Ottawa to hold onto Heatley until maybe the trade deadline, where they could strike gold for him if he's changed his attitude and Ottawa is circling the drain standings wise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Send Sturm 3.5, Kessel 5?, and 1st rounder or Ference1.625 if you want who cares, pick up 4 mill Sens already paid Heat for his 8M and the money is near equal. Heat is locked in at 5 years at 8, 8, 8, 6 & 5 a decent value for what he brings to the table. 

He wants to play on a team that is going in the right direction and Ott is not. We were not involved when he signed but Ott has been selling off the team the last few years and no player wants to go down with a sinking ship. That ship started sinking when they wouldn't sign Chara.  All they have left is one line they are always splitting up to spread the scoring and it is not working.

His scoring and talented play has earned him the right to negotiate for the best for him and another team like Ott is not a fit for someone who wants to win the cup. He is not going to a another dead end like Edm. His value is still there and Ott know it. He was also named for the Canadian Olympics, I can tell you Yzerman would not name him if he thought he was a cancer.

I would love to have him and all his goals over both Sturm and Kessel. Kessel is possibly going to score fifty some day and if we can keep that is OK too, but no way do I keep him over Heatley who battles in the slot to score some dandy onetimers and has size and speed to battle the big D that anyone can throw at him.  Ott no way wants to offer him up to the east if they can help it, just as Bos will not want Kess to go there either.

With the stingiest D already it is scoring that let us down when we needed it in the playoffs and Heatley was key to Ott making it to the finals a few years ago before they started killing off the team.

Doesn't matter it is not going to happen any way.

Lucic, Savard, Heatley
    Wheeler, Krejci, Ryder
    Kobasew, Bergeron, Recchi
    4th line- Season Play it would be a good time to play some of our prospects a little more often -
     Bring Soderberg over form Sweden and try him, Marchand, St.pierre, Sobotka and Boychuck to play some quality time as we need these players to be able to contribute like Det has the last couple of years in the finals when injuries happen and they do..
    Thornton, Begin, Bitz

We will not miss PJ maybe Yelle.

Chara, Ward
    Wideman, Stuart
    Hunwick, Ference/Boychuck

Thomas
    Rask

Greatest Of All Time (GOAT)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

If B's are going to move Kessel or someone else significant, I'd much prefer a mobile, two-way D either approaching or in his prime, to Heatley.   People such as Barker, Doughty, Bieksa (who just might be available), possibly Duncan Keith (not as much offense as the others, but better D and plus/minus).  I doubt very much if LA or Chicago would move those guys because they already have plenty of scoring up front, but Vancouver's Bieksa just might be available.  About 28 years old, a hitter, fearless shotblocker, good team player and handles puck well on PP, Bieksa will be looking to rebound from a down year.  Then again, Canucks just lost D Ohlund to free agency. not much of a loss IMHO, but it may dictate that Bieksa sticks around another year. 

But please, not Jack Johnson; LA seems a little too anxious to move him, and you have to wonder why.  If you watched JJ play this past season, you wouldn't have to wonder. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milbury26. Show Milbury26's posts

It's a shame we don't have Jeremy Reich, or we could just trade him for Ottawa's entire first line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Boston can afford to move one of Boychuk, Hunwick or Ference and a forward to secure a good mobile defenseman. The fact Chiarelli has identified that as the #1 need for this team and not got it done is unacceptable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DJAldy. Show DJAldy's posts

nobody wants Heatley...except you...

Sturm has a no trade clause
    Kessel has no contract

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Forget that Idiot! I don't want that me first whiner anywhere near this team! He screwed the Sens because he's so freakin selfish! Do whatever you have to do to re-sign Kessel. There's our next 50 goal scorer. He's maturing every year & he's not this kid with an attitude that everyone said he was & why he slipped from 1 to 5 in his draft yr. If the B's can't get Kess signed the ONLY two players I'd be OK with is Kaberle or Bieksa! Heatley's a bum & I don't even want the the baby representing Canada either! Go play shinny back in Calgary you whiny little punk Heatley!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

The most hated guy in hockey right now....you signed the contract Mr. Heatly, live up to it in Ottawa!!  Wouldn't touch him....sign Kessel or get a good young defenceman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Il the same way about Craig McTavish and what about 30 days for Donte Stallworthn Response to Re: still time to pickup Heatley:
    [QUOTE]yeah, i don't want a malcontent on our team. the guy should remember he killed a teammate of his with his terrible driving. now he's selfish and whiny. no thanks
    Posted by Bruins0615[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayman77. Show jayman77's posts

In Response to Re: still time to pickup Heatley:
    [QUOTE]Boston can afford to move one of Boychuk, Hunwick or Ference and a forward to secure a good mobile defenseman. The fact Chiarelli has identified that as the #1 need for this team and not got it done is unacceptable.
    Posted by dhitch[/QUOTE]

Boychuk is off the board right now.  It would look horrible for the B's to sign him and them deal him. We want players to want to sign here. Its same as now dealing Reechi or Ryder. I think if an absolutely unbelievable deal was offered then that may go out the window, but not right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

word is he takes jerk pills for breakfast.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thunder21. Show thunder21's posts

I don't wan't Heatley, and, when you forgot to put Ward up there

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Heatley made $14Million last year!! He isn't coming to Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

In Response to Re: still time to pickup Heatley:
    [QUOTE]okay bringing up a car accident is kind of a low blow....uncalled for. but yea, this trade is stupid, theres a reason PC is making no effort to get it done.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]
    I disagree, the fact that Heatley killed another human being with his car puts him in the same league as Ted Kennedy, I don't want that kind of person on my team...