Sturm (Cap question)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

Sturm (Cap question)

A couple of stupid questions for you guys cause the whole cap things is really confusing. I know his salary doesn't count against the cap till he recovers from injury, but what happens if PC replaces his salary with another player and then Sturm comes back? Also if he decides to retire, do the bruins owe him anything and does it count towards the cap?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Re: Sturm (Cap question)

Sturm is out 6 months, meaning he should be back sometime in late November. Seeing as that's only a month into the season, the B's probably won't put him on Long Term Injured Reserve, meaning no salary cap relief. Therefore, if they add a player to replace him, it will be on top of the current salary.

He has no intentions of retiring, but if he does I believe it would come off the cap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhlscap.com/cap_faq.htm

"just because a player has a long-term injury does not automatically grant the team extra cap space.  A team with a payroll of $44 million that has a player making $4 million get injured doesn't gain any extra cap space as a result; a team at $54 million and a player at $4 million only gains $1,300,000 (all pro-rated, of course).  Relief toward the salary cap only comes if replacing an injured player's salary would push the team over the cap, and the amount of relief is limited to the amount the team would go over the cap - not the entire amount of the injured player's salary."

PC must leave more cap room than he did last year. Sturm will probably be bought out after he comes back unless of course the team is going through what Boston went through this year  or injuries.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

Ok cool thanks alot guys. Still pretty confusing stuff. Its easy to sit here and complain the moves of a GM but i guess its pretty difficult for them. Thanks again.

Sections
Shortcuts